This Just In - Lysol is Useless

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have you guys ever noticed that whatever Lysol is supposed to cover up invariably smells worse than the Lysol itself?

Lysol is intoxicating, I cant breath in its presence at all. I'd rather live in my own filth.




posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Uhmm... Lysol is a surface disenfectant. It is designed to kill germs on surfaces. Thats why it says kills 99.9% of germs on contact. Your supposed to spray it on things like kids toys they chew on to clean them or toilet bowl lids etc. Things you want to kill any bacteria or germs on. Try glade as a deoderizer.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
if it were germs i was worried about, id wash them. nothing in life needs that kind of disinfectant. nothing that doesnt already get it anyway.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ultimate disinfectant is industrial bleach, used in biolabs everywhere to clean up items that have been contaminated with blood, of course they also get a visit to the Autoclave to make sure all the nasties are dead.



posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
why dont you just open a window?



posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
It is designed to kill germs on surfaces. Thats why it says kills 99.9% of germs on contact. Your supposed to spray it on things like kids toys they chew on to clean them


Ya, that's just wonderful. Don't let your kid swallow bacteria, but let them chew on toys you've just covered in chemicals!



posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Ya, that's just wonderful. Don't let your kid swallow bacteria, but let them chew on toys you've just covered in chemicals!


I agree completely. Our society throws chemicals around like crazy without thinking about the longterm effects. Our bodies are more able to handle ingestion of most common bacteria species than most of the common chemicals in our society.

Does anyone stop and think that the reason people are more succeptable to disease than any other animal is becuase we rely too heavily on chemicals to do the job that our natural immune system is meant to do therefor decreasing our immune system's effectiveness and efficiency?



posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yo people Forget Lysol , start using OZIUM it rocks, it covers up odors like food , trash , and um...........SMoke. Yes actually i've had alot of experience covering up smoke and it works that and Febreeze are the only two things i would use , though Ozium is pretty toxic , but you wont taste it in your mouth like Lysol



posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm a long time off from the original posting of this thread... BUT I wanted to agree with the guy a few posts above.

If we don't allow our bodies to be exposed to germs regularly, then we are severely increasing our risk of becoming sick from very simple bacteria. If I drop a cookie in the kitchen, I am going to blow off all of the large pieces of "debris" and then eat it. Why? Because I know that I am able to eat it and not get sick. I have an "Iron" stomach and an amazing immune system. I also grew up in the country when I was younger. I hate apples from the trees, I ate tomatoes off the vine, and I also drank milk straight from a cow. I get sick MAYBE once a year, if even that much. Aside from being a smoker, and having the lungs and teeth to go with it, I am MUCH healthier than most people my age.

Don't avoid germs! They help your body!





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join