It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims: I'm becoming very tired of your violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+107 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I've seen news reports of at least four difference incidents of Islamic violence over the last 24 hours. Not only connected to the burning of the Qu'ran in Afghanistan, but also a car bomb attack in Yemen.

Are we seriously supposed to believe your continued claims, that these people are only the minority, when the violence is apparently so endemic to Islamic communities?

I think the question also needs to be asked at this point; do you really believe in your ownership of this entire planet? Is literally the entire human race supposed to be held subject to your law?

I am disturbed about how I am starting to feel towards Islam recently, as a result of this. I've tried to keep in mind, that dislike of Islam is something which the American government wants to promote, in order to justify its' wars; but the behaviour of Muslims themselves at the moment, really isn't helping.

I'm trying not to, but it is honestly difficult to avoid wishing that Islam simply did not exist, to be honest. I can't help but feel as though the world would be much more peaceful, and a much better place in general, without it.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It's really simple...lets see if you can follow the logic:

There's a book called the Quran. People read books, but most have it read to them(literacy issue). People interpret what they read individually UNLESS someone interprets it for them(ie.reads it to them). When the latter happens you end up with a bunch of people following the interpretations of one man. This is (also) called ignorance. Ignorant crowds are not known for their sensible acts.

You can hardly blame the book or the belief they proclaim to carry. Most of the rioters are too deranged to speak logically...why not focus your well placed anger towards those "leaders" that lead these masses astray?

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I'm trying not to, but it is honestly difficult to avoid wishing that Islam simply did not exist, to be honest. I can't help but feel as though the world would be much more peaceful, and a much better place in general, without it.

How bout we get rid of all religions?

If that were to happen, people would be F-ing in the streets.

it would be glorious.

What a world.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It is a cultural ideology. Nothing has changed for centuries, as far as their beliefs go.

The only change is in our tolerance of such acts and beliefs.

In other words, we've chosen to cede the fight. They haven't.

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I've seen news reports of at least four difference incidents of Islamic violence over the last 24 hours. Not only connected to the burning of the Qu'ran in Afghanistan, but also a car bomb attack in Yemen.

Are we seriously supposed to believe your continued claims, that these people are only the minority, when the violence is apparently so endemic to Islamic communities?

I think the question also needs to be asked at this point; do you really believe in your ownership of this entire planet? Is literally the entire human race supposed to be held subject to your law?

I am disturbed about how I am starting to feel towards Islam recently, as a result of this. I've tried to keep in mind, that dislike of Islam is something which the American government wants to promote, in order to justify its' wars; but the behaviour of Muslims themselves at the moment, really isn't helping.

You don't have to believe they are the minority, that's up to you, why would we regular muslims be on the news?

"breaking news: Muhammad Abdullah goes to Wal-Mart for birthday cake!!"

And no, the whole ownership of the planet thing, naaa... you know, interpretations vary..

ETA: and why do we all have to lay claim to the violence? As I recall, if every muslim killed one person a day it would take like 3 days to kill everybody... I don't want ownership of said violence.

Also, I think that the people who are out doing stuff, aren't gonna be on here to read this thread anytime soon... Soooo it's seeming to me like the point of your thread was to make a platform for people to come bash Islam, and other religions as well.
edit on 26-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

What we need to do is simply realize that these people are pissed off because the white man is doing Columbus style domination all over thy lands.

We also need to understand that we aren't there so literally everything we see and form an opinion on is merely hearsay and biased = Bullshish.

Third who are we to make these people out to be some form of bot that is only capable of taking orders or extreme acts in the name of god, they have emotions you know, they form opinions based on what they see and hear.

Divide and Conquer, worldwide style.

Anyone ever played risk?

+84 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I've seen news reports of at least four difference incidents of Islamic violence over the last 24 hours.

America is in at least four different wars against islamic countries over the last several years.

Imagine this for a moment.

The Middle East has become militarily dominant. It has decided to target "the christian west" and invade and occupy these countries one by one.

One day they decide they don't like America's or Britain's or Frances' WMD's, government type, leadership, etc...

So they invade your neighborhood.

Are you a christian terrorist when you fight back? Would you be just another violent christian?

Surely their news or propaganda machine would tell their people you are such. Surely some of those people would visit internet forums and rant about how tired they are of the violent christians and claim they need to be stopped.

It's foolish. Don't be a fool.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

I've seen news reports of at least four difference incidents of Islamic violence over the last 24 hours.

America is in at least four different wars against islamic countries over the last several years.

Imagine this for a moment.

The Middle East has become militarily dominant. It has decided to target "the christian west" and invade and occupy these countries one by one.

One day they decide they don't like America's or Britain's or Frances' WMD's, government type, leadership, etc...

So they invade your neighborhood.

Are you a christian terrorist when you fight back? Would you be just another violent christian?

Surely their news or propaganda machine would tell their people you are such. Surely some of those people would visit internet forums and rant about how tired they are of the violent christians and claim they need to be stopped.

It's foolish. Don't be a fool.

Not "christian terrorist"..

FIRST: insurgent
SECOND: christian terrorist
THIRD: christianist

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Do you honestly believe this?

I know you are up on current events so I cannot fathom how you came to this conclusion, Beez

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I've seen them as well.

Why is this all connected to Islam?

Or rather why are these actions attributed to the Islam. (sure some will willingly blow themselves up in the name of Allah)

If i blews myself up here in the Netherlands would it also be attributed to Christianity?

Don't think so, they'll probably report a mentally deranged man blew himself up.

So what i;m trying to say is: why is it so that if a muslim person blows himself up it's a reflection of Islam as a whole but when I do it it's just a reflection of myself and my sick mind.

Double standards much?

Where did you get this from?

Who told you they think they own the world?

Oh you probably saw a movie where a radical imam asked for the worldwide implementation of Jihad law.

Let me tell you, a lot of muslims are just ordinairy people like you and me.

(and i litterally know DOZENS of muslims)

I think you're falling for the muslim propaganda.

I'm trying not to, but it is honestly difficult to avoid wishing that Islam simply did not exist, to be honest. I can't help but feel as though the world would be much more peaceful, and a much better place in general, without it

Oh yes, the propaganda definitely got to you.

I think a lot of muslims feel the same about America. (the world being a much more peaceful place without them)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Look up Al-Qaeda.

They are a militant political group who believe that the current leaders of Muslim countries are all spineless gutless men who are nothing more than Western puppets (which is true). Then they take this almost widely accepted fact and use it to promote hatred within Islamic communities.

There is a saying that goes: the most convincing lie is the one closest to the truth. So they use factual evidence like the lack of personal initiative of Muslim leaders to rally people on the street so they can take matters into their own hands.

While they do this, they beat up and kill other dissident Muslims who bother saying stuff like: but no this is wrong! we cannot simply wage war on others without the consent of our leaders, or we are required by our religion to obey the law.

My husband is Sunni Iraqi. He told me why he ran away from Iraq. Its not because of the Americans bombing and shelling and etc. Although one of those bombs hit his house by accident and killed his cousin who was sleeping in the same room with him, the reason they decided to leave the country was because Al-Qaeda became increasingly active after American take over. They started kidnapping teenage boys to use as members, if they couldn't convince them they'd threaten to kill their families, if they resisted they were shot dead on site and members of their families would be found days later dead infront of their homes or offices.

So my question to you is, why? Iraq wasn't like this before they took down Saddam. He wasn't a moral man, but he ruled with an iron fist and had a few tricks up his sleeve to keep people under control. Not a single Al-Qaeda member could survive in Saddams regime. If they were found they would be executed immediately. Anyone who was found to be promoting sectarianism was shot as well. Cruel as it may be, he found this necessary since the amount of sects in Iraq were so many, and they hated each others guts ofcourse, so controlling them was not possible through love and understanding so to speak.

SO again, WHY? Why take down stable governments and allow terrorist organizations to feed on the frustrations of those poor people? Was the US so out of touch with reality? So careless to what would happen in the region? Don't you understand that every one of these acts has given these terrorist organizations more fire to twist frustrated people with?
edit on 26-2-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Do you honestly believe this?

I know you are up on current events so I cannot fathom how you came to this conclusion, Beez

Culturally, we have. (Collective "we" for the west)
Look at the militant muslim broitherhood rise in the Middle East.
Look at the encroachment of Sharia in the west.

We have waved the white flag.

Our current POTUS bows to muslim leaders.

(see photo)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In order to believe that I would need to turn my gaze away from the hot wars, occupations and forced regime changes and convince myself that this is really a culture war?

Please...

edit on 26-2-2012 by METACOMET because: sp

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

In order to believe that I would need to turn my gaze away from the hot wars, occupations and forced regime changes and convince myself that this is really a culture war?

Please...

edit on 26-2-2012 by METACOMET because: sp

The culture war we've already lost. The Battle of PC was fought and won by those that grovel at the feet of conformity.

The hot wars? We're leaving. We assist the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Libya. We're apologizing and backing away in Afghanistan. We make tough sounds to Iran, but didn't do anything for the Green Party in 2009. We'll hide behind the UN for Syria.

We've lost the war.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What would have been winning the war?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

more blood and bodies....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

LMAO, this made my day, thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I understand your frustration with what you are hearing, and i find their extremist views quite damaging to humanity, but do you understand that you are basing your hatred (in this thread - i don't know your general views), on MSM?

I mean, i won't exactly find reports on fundamental christianity in the 6 o'clock news, but if i searched in the right places, i'm sure i would find many.
Keep in mind, your country (assuming you're a western nation), has to justify their place in a war against islamic extremism, so it's not exactly surprising to see islam being showcased as a generally-violent, stone age religion.
Also keep in mind that while their religion can be seen as "physically violent", christianity in the middle ages was very intimidating and violent in it's own ways. Research the crusades for instance.

While the tv box shows you the western world's modern achievements, they fail to show the advancement of the middle east - not only as a religion, but as a people.

Any religion in it's extreme form is damaging! Not any particular one. And try not to trust the tv too much. If you're not quite sure, google it. Gather information from people from MANY countries - not just christian america.

I meet a lot of muslims every day in my job, and believe me - they are extremely peaceful and respect us as PEOPLE. I work as a auto electrician, and i work on a lot of taxis, so while they're waiting, they've come up to me and asked which way is west, so they can pray. They don't harm me. They're friendly towards me. They shake my hand - they even come in and give us gifts because we treat them with equal respect.

It's not worth the hatred man! There are evil #ing people, and all it takes is one person to convince a thousand more that they're bad people because of their religion.

Focus less on the bad ones, and try to break the chain of indoctrination. Make your own decision.

I got an idea, next muslim you see, go up to him and say hi. Offer him help. Even if he is confused and acts hostile, you will remain in his thoughts the whole day because you were different. You don't belong in this western belief that we are perfect, and they are lesser

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Good question. And a proper response will take a few minutes. I'm really going to have to think about that answer. Smoke break!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join