It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Because of this goldmine called the internet, more and more of this information is going to come out and eventually critical mass will be reached and the tyranny of ridicule and skepticism from the mainstream and supporters of the mainstream will be overcome.

Exactly, or to quote someone much smarter than I:

Max Planck: "a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

link

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Because of this goldmine called the internet, more and more of this information is going to come out

The internet does not have the selective quality, i.e. it does not differentiate "gold" from "cr@p", in the huge stream of information that it can make available to you. It is your duty to differentiate "gold" from "cr@p", and it appears to me that you are willingly inclined to err in favor of the latter, since there is remarkable consistency on you part, in picking the most unsubstantiated, most bizarre, most evidence-free items.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
It is your duty to differentiate "gold" from "cr@p", and it appears to me that you are willingly inclined to err in favor of the latter, since there is remarkable consistency on you part, in picking the most unsubstantiated, most bizarre, most evidence-free items.

To the contrary, "unsubstantiated," "bizarre," "evidence-free" coming from you means "not mainstream," and "not what I memorized in school," therefore, "it's bunk."
edit on 01/03/13 by Mary Rose because: Shorten

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Found some interesting info in a new ats thread:

Final comments and a note of optimism
It is often said that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The empirical results presented here for the ganzfeld telepathy experiment seem to satisfy this requirement.
More than 50 authors have reported successful replications from laboratories across the USA, UK, Sweden, Argentina, Australia, and Italy, and the reported effects have been reliably repeatable for over 30 years. In addition, a team of avowedly skeptical researchers led by Delgado-Romero and Howard (2005) successfully repeated the ganzfeld experiment, and they obtained the same 32% hit rate estimated by the meta-analyses. With the available data at hand, the nature of the debate is shifting from earlier arguments that ESP is impossible because it violates certain unspecified but presumably sacrosanct laws of nature, to quibbles over increasingly minor technical details (Hyman 2010; Storm et al., 2010b).
Widely accepted theoretical explanations for ESP have continued to lag behind the collection of empirical data, but the explanatory playing field is rapidly advancing. For example, a recent book by Khrennikov (2010) summarizes the state of art of quantum-like models in cognitive science, psychology, genetics, economics, finance, game theory, and biology (Arndt et al., 2009). Likewise, the Conte (2010) mathematical model, which proposes that quantum mechanics describes not only the behaviour of matter and energy, but also cognition, suggests a new vision of the human mind where the “classical” functioning of human cognitive abilities must be expanded with “quantum-like” features. Such models invite fascinating new perspectives on the study of cognition and perception, and on natural human capacities once thought to be impossible.

paper

Abstract - Research on psychic functioning, conducted over a two decade period, is examined to determine whether or not the phenomenon has been scientifically established. A secondary question is whether or not it is useful for government purposes. The primary work examined in this report was gov- ernment sponsored research conducted at Stanford Research Institute, later known as SRI International, and at Science Applications International Cor- poration, known as SAIC.
Using the standards applied to any other area of science, it is concluded that psychic functioning has been well established. The statistical results of the studies examined are far beyond what is expected by chance. Arguments that these results could be due to methodological flaws in the experiments are soundly refuted. Effects of similar magnitude to those found in government- sponsored research at SRI and SAIC have been replicated at a number of lab- oratories across the world. Such consistency cannot be readily explained by claims of flaws or fraud.
The magnitude of psychic functioning exhibited appears to be in the range between what social scientists call a small and medium effect. That means that it is reliable enough to be replicated in properly conducted experiments, with sufficient trials to achieve the long-run statistical results needed for replicability.

2nd paper

All roads lead to SRI.

I'll also add this Michael Persinger (of God Helment field):

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

. . . It is often said that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The empirical results presented here for the ganzfeld telepathy experiment seem to satisfy this requirement. . . .

I had never heard the term "ganzfeld" before.

In the paper you quoted, "Extrasensory Perception and Quantum Models of Cognition," it explains the term on page 3 of 7 of the .pdf:

In these studies, the telepathic “receiver’s” state of consciousness is altered through use of a procedure called “ganzfeld” stimulation. The term ganzfeld, derived from German ganz,
meaning “whole” and feld or “field,” was coined as a generic term for an unpatterned visual field. The ganzfeld environment is used to induce a hypnagogic-like state, similar to states that occur spontaneously at sleep onset. A recent review of the phenomenology and cerebral electrophysiology of the ganzfeld experience is available in Wackermann, Pütz and Allefeld (2008).

It's good to see that the scientific terminology is in existence and that formal research is taking place.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I had never heard the term "ganzfeld" before.

In the paper you quoted, "Extrasensory Perception and Quantum Models of Cognition," it explains the term on page 3 of 7 of the .pdf:

In these studies, the telepathic “receiver’s” state of consciousness is altered through use of a procedure called “ganzfeld” stimulation. The term ganzfeld, derived from German ganz,
meaning “whole” and feld or “field,” was coined as a generic term for an unpatterned visual field. The ganzfeld environment is used to induce a hypnagogic-like state, similar to states that occur spontaneously at sleep onset. A recent review of the phenomenology and cerebral electrophysiology of the ganzfeld experience is available in Wackermann, Pütz and Allefeld (2008).

It's good to see that the scientific terminology is in existence and that formal research is taking place.

SRI has done extensive eeg research on exactly what altered brain states are required for Remote Viewing. Here is one of the better known of the studies, but they have done years of extensive research: Remote viewing with Ingo Swann

neuropsychological assessment and Magnetic Resonance Imaging indicated a different structural and functional organization within the parieto-occipital region of the subject's right hemisphere from organizations typically noted. The results suggest that this type of paranormal phenomenon, often dismissed as methodological artifact or accepted as proofs of spiritual existence, is correlated with neurophysiological processes and physical events. Remote viewing may be enhanced by complex experimentally generated magnetic fields designed to interact with the neuromagnetic "binding factor" of consciousness.

Years of meditation can bring you to do this at will or you can use a short cut through the HemiSync technology which entrains the brain to these exact EEG patters.

Here's another study showing similar results to swanns:

RESULTS
The image [Figure 1B] reproduced by the ìmentalistî showed striking similarity to the original image drawn by
the investigator (PNJ) whereas the one reproduced by the control subject [Figure 2B] did not. The mentalist showed significant activation involving the right parahippocampal gyrus [Number of voxels = 160; Talairach and Tournoux co-ordinates of peak activation: ëxí = 32, ëyí = -41, ëzí = -6; T = 4.88; P (uncorrected) < 0.001; FDR-corrected P = 0.018] [Figure 3] whereas the control subject showed significant activation involving the left inferior frontal gyrus [number of voxels = 363; Talairach and Tournoux co-ordinates of peak activation: ëxí = -42, ëyí = 25, ëzí = -8; T = 4.21; P (uncorrected) < 0.001; FDR-corrected P = 0.037] [Figure 4].

CONCLUSIONS
In summary, this studyís findings are suggestive of an association between telepathy and the right parahippocampal gyrus. The methodological rigor, isolated and robust brain activation with telepathy, and established theoretical relevance of this brain region with reference to paranormal phenomena highlight the need for further studies using advanced fusion imaging techniques (simultaneous fMRI, EEG, and magnetoencephalography) to examine telepathy.

link

edit on 5-1-2013 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I have Russel Targ's memoir: Do You See What I See? Memoirs of a Blind Biker by Russell Targ. I can not suggest you buy this book strongly enough! As with all things related to this, no one will say what they know in plain speech for several reasons. You will notice that he flat out mentions as a reality the things I put as fiction in another thread link I sent you from another place on ATS. And the book is written incredibly. He is incredibly precise with his words and they are layered multiple times over. The more you know the more this book will make sense and unfold. Once you understand who the guppies are you will understand he references things so black they are never mentioned, but mentioned all over the place if you know enough to understand the things not known or mentioned. And that is but one small part of what is in the book. This man was saying so much that so few will ever see... thus the name of the book. He wrote it for those who have eyes to see.

Russell Targ has been interviewed on Red Ice: "Russell Targ - Hour 1 - Inception of Remote Viewing & The Reality of ESP - February 3, 2013"

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Russell Targ has been interviewed on Red Ice

Targ mentioned making a deal with the devil in agreeing to CIA operations, and when Henrik asked him what he meant, Targ completely avoided the question and answered something unrelated.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Years earlier we came upon Schumann resonance in relation to phi and sacred geometry. We have been under the impressioin that 8-10Hz is the resonance for the earth itself, and thus thyroid hormone pulse of the black-footed ferret at 6-8Hz makes sense as this animal is an air quality monitor par excellence. The thyroid is the sexual gland par excellence as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Russell Targ has been interviewed on Red Ice

Targ mentioned making a deal with the devil in agreeing to CIA operations, and when Henrik asked him what he meant, Targ completely avoided the question and answered something unrelated.

Both Targ and Swann talk about black sub-projects which took this much further... I think I posted a video earlier which had Swann mentioning it.

I also previously posted a FOIA CIA document where the CIA is talking about their oversight and how to best manipulate the SRI Remote Viewing people/program.

So I have to absolutely agree that this has been documented in several ways.

This touches on black technology that is very real, and if you read all the documents and links and staments is very provable, but most would never accept as anything other than sci-fi.

Targ repeatedly points out in his books about remote assinations.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Test...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Test...

A lot of info here...

and a lot of triggers, be careful.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Concerning this topic, the nature and practical relevance & application of the Schumann Resonances are among the subjects addressed in my 2013 book MindWar, just released in May. Just do a title search on Amazon.

SRI is also touched upon to the extent that they were involved in the $20 million government ESP snipe hunt "Project Stargate" in the 1980s, wherein they were led down the "remote viewing" garden path by assorted poseurs and stage magicians, thus proving that scientists are just as easy to astound in this regard as anyone else. SRI could have saved the taxpayers all that money by simply engaging James Randi to dispel the frauds.

Soviet research at the time was much more sophisticated, but much to my surprise the Chinese were just as gullible as SRI. Since China has an ancient and venerable stage magic tradition of its own, one wouldn't think! Again the old adage that if you aren't thinking that someone might be trying to trick you, you won't be looking for it.

Michael Aquino

edit on 6/7/2013 by maquino because: Format correction.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
gizmodo.com... ead-your-mi-1183480233

It's Official: Scientists Can Now Actually Read Your Mind

The idea has been tossed around in science fiction yarns for years now, but researchers at Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands have actually found a way to read people's minds. Or, more specifically, decode what letters of the alphabet a subject is looking at by analyzing MRI scans with a special mathematical model they developed. Freaky.

The image suggests that the researchers have found a way to discern actual letters from a subject's brain scan, but that's not entirely accurate. What the scientists did was to break up MRI images of a subject's visual cortex into 1,200 small cubes that would randomly light up when the person was looking at a specific letter of the alphabet. Except that it wasn't actually random; the individual segments would light up in the same pattern again and again for a given letter. And this pattern allowed the researchers to teach their model to then recognize what letter was being visualized.

The mathematical model then went one step further, manipulating the results of the MRI scan so they looked like the letters of the alphabet we'd recognize. It might seem like cheating, but the approach was actually similar to how humans quickly recognize things based on memories of having seen it before—a phenomenon known as prior knowledge.

And given how well it works for humans, it makes sense for the scientists to take the same approach as they work towards expanding this research to eventually be able to reconstruct a human face, not just simple letters.

The "new" technology is finally coming public. I have made several mentions of this earlier in the thread. Those that are following this is just more evidence of some of the things I postulated earlier.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

These types of stories have been showing up for a while now and seem to be variations of the same thing...cool but they keep dancing around what they are capable of, kind of like the army releasing a story stating that they are going to study synthetic telepathy (2008) and then having something more or less already in development at that time and announced this year by a different company (Synthetic Telepathy Tattoo). Most certainly they are way beyond this and are releasing teaser stories...

Oh yeah...they can record dreams too...

www.mnn.com...

edit on Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:46:25 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by pianopraze

These types of stories have been showing up for a while now and seem to be variations of the same thing...cool but they keep dancing around what they are capable of, kind of like the army releasing a story stating that they are going to study synthetic telepathy (2008) and then having something more or less already in development at that time and announced this year by a different company (Synthetic Telepathy Tattoo). Most certainly they are way beyond this and are releasing teaser stories...

Oh yeah...they can record dreams too...

www.mnn.com...

edit on Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:46:25 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

Nice find, looks like same basic technology reading the Electro Magnetic waves our body put off.

Now if they can read our EM field, is it really such a jump that that they can affect our EM field and inflict outside emotions or images? Aquino mentions it in his papers I referenced earlier in the 60's or 70's....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

pianopraze

Nice find, looks like same basic technology reading the Electro Magnetic waves our body put off.

Now if they can read our EM field, is it really such a jump that that they can affect our EM field and inflict outside emotions or images? Aquino mentions it in his papers I referenced earlier in the 60's or 70's....

A recent whistleblower is talking about how they plan on using Electro Magnetic waves to:

1. Map peoples emotional/thought patherns
2. Change their thoughts/beliefs

In 2012, Arizona State Universityʼs Center for Strategic Communication or CSC was awarded a $6.1 million dollar research grant by DARPA or the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.

The goal of the project according to ASUʼs website is to “study the neurobiology of narrative comprehension, validate narrative theories and explore the connection between narrative and persuasion.”

Phase I is to map the Narrative Comprehension Network using a set of stimuli designed from the point of view of two different religious cultures.

Phase II will test hypotheses generated in Phase I, adding two additional manipulations of narrative validity and narrative transportation.

Phase III, it investigates possibilities for literally disrupting the activity of the NCN through Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

Ben: Phase III is fairly interesting. I noticed in the documentation it says lets not talk too much about this because who knows if we’ll ever get there. But when you do read what Phase III is it is a little surprising, it’s called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. This is not something that’s science fiction, it’s not something they’ve cooked up. This is a real technique that’s already been used in the past, correct?

Whistleblower: Yes, it started out in the psychiatry field when people were depressed and when you’re depressed certain parts of your brain are not functioning correctly. So they created this technology, which is basically a big magnet, and you put it on their brain and it turns off that part of the brain that’s bad or wrong and it would help them with their depression for several weeks to a month and they’d go back and do it again. So this technology has been around for ten
or fifteen years.

Ben: So it’s very high tech propaganda, what we’re talking about.

Whistleblower: High tech and validated propaganda, yes. So if they’re able to turn off a part of the brain and get rid of that master narrative that will make you not believe in a particular statement, they would have validated this propaganda. So if they turn off portion X, they know that the propaganda is going to work and the individual is going to believe whatever is being told to them.

Read more: benswann.com...

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You've got to try this.
I downloaded EMF Meter (iPhone App)
I downloaded NCH Tone Generator (Windows)

I played 14000hz on the tone generator on my computer and ran the EMF Meter on my cell.

My perception of cancelling out the sound had tangible results spiking the EMF Meter!!!!

Now I'm working to figure out exactly which tones cause which Electromagnetic Frequencies!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose

From your PDF link:

To be clear, this is not a random, variable or contrived pattern, but the one universal pattern of interference produced by all harmonic standing waves as they vibrate through any medium.

This spectral pattern is not limited to sound only, but exists everywhere harmonics form, including electromagnetic fields, laser light, musical tones, natural vibrations in the Earth, the spacing and sizes of planets in our solar system and the coherent cellular structures of life. We can represent it mathematically using a statistical curve called a first-derivative Gaussian distribution (shown in red in Fig. 10).

Regarding Fig. 10:

. . . a “Blackman spectral analysis” of two musical tones diverging at a constant rate from unison upward to an octave (Fig. 10). Reproduced here with a built-in function in Adobe Audition®, the analysis reveals the spacing and size of resonant gaps that form naturally according to small whole number harmonic ratios, just as Pythagoras had discovered over 2,500 years ago. Each gap corresponds to a simple musical proportion, such as the 3:2 ratio of a perfect fifth, 4:3 perfect fourth and the highly resonant 5:3 major sixth - the widest gap of all. . . .

You will probably never learn in school how important this harmonic curve really is, but it is present everywhere in Nature. It approximates the change in the number of spots on the Sun, describes the change in diameter of blood vessels in living organisms and estimates the thickness of tree bark as it reduces upward in a tree, to name but a few. As a representation of the velocity change in a Gaussian “normal distribution” (or “Bell Curve”), this one function is the foundation of probability science and the very cornerstone of modern statistics. But while most scientists accept and use this distribution and its strange equation without question, some of us might still wonder what physical process is at work underneath it to cause harmonics to always self-organize in this way. How can we understand what this Gaussian equation is trying to tell us about Nature?

Hilbert space goes back to Pythagoras?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddhasystem

I do. People are surrounded by a variety of EM fields most of the time. Yes, of course, there will be some influence of the external field on the brain. But to say that the meditation is the deepest when a person is "in sync" with the resonance is just bunk. I can equally say that being "in sync" makes the brain confused and breaks the meditation. And no, I do not believe in remote viewing.

However this state of affairs is exceptionally recent- a maximum of 200 years, in terms of human evolution.
It is known that the upsurge in cancer followed very closely the spread of the electrical grid in the US, and that suggests that being exposed to this variety comes at a cost.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join