It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by primalfractal

I can definitely see the dragons in those photos.

I needed to go back to refresh my memory:

Originally posted by pianopraze
I have a pet theory that the Oroborus might be the aurora. The great dragon in the sky protecting us (solar winds) . . .

Protecting us from the solar winds, right?

The word "scale" could be taken to mean like a scale on the back of a fish rather than a musical scale, right?
(Does the mythological dragon have scales?)

Anyway, your harmonic scale - you have a theory that relates to the topic of electromagnetism as waves which is relevant to the following part of the OP?

It makes you wonder… maybe our whole view of Science is being purposefully kept in the dark, and EM has the possibility of opening whole new worlds… quite literally.

The solar winds protect us from cosmic waves which would eliminate all life. Our solar system is a protective bubble. The solar winds create the Schumann resonance and electrify our atmosphere.

They also create the ornoborus which has so well been shown above.

The Viking spacecraft just recently passed outside that bubble and there is so much more radiation.

Eta, yes it has a musical scale: the Schumann resonances.
edit on 22-10-2012 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The solar winds protect us from cosmic waves which would eliminate all life.

Okay I did misunderstand that. I'm glad I asked.

Eta, yes it has a musical scale: the Schumann resonances.

I'm curious to learn more about that - the musical standpoint, that is. And how music relates to physics.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The solar winds protect us from cosmic waves which would eliminate all life

What waves? Measured as what?

The solar winds create the Schumann resonance

No they don't.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

No they don't.

Buddah, you are really like a little boy just yelling "nu huh" for no real reason and just exposing your ignorance. If your going to try to debunk things at least read first.:

A continuous extremely low frequency (ELF) process is present in the geomagnetic field. Resonant oscillations in the ionosphere of the Earth and oscillations in the plasmasphere and the magnetosphere are caused by the solar wind. The peaks of the resonant characteristic of the system are called the Schumann resonances, and reside approximately on 100, 21, 14.1, 7.8, 5.7, 4, 1, 0.1 and 0.001 Hz [1]. The most common geomagnetic frequency is 7.8 Hz and plants, animals and humans living in such environment are known to benefit from it [1,2].

link

The heliosphere is a bubble of charged particles in the space surrounding the Solar System, "blown" into the interstellar medium (the hydrogen and helium gas that permeates the galaxy) by the solar wind. Although electrically neutral atoms from interstellar volume can penetrate this bubble, virtually all of the material in the heliosphere emanates from the Sun itself.
For the first ten billion kilometers of its radius, the solar wind travels at over 1,000,000 miles/hour.[1][2] As it begins to interact with the interstellar medium, it slows down before finally ceasing altogether. The point where the solar wind begins to slow is called the termination shock; then the solar wind continues to slow as it passes through the heliosheath leading to a boundary where the interstellar medium and solar wind pressures balance called the heliopause.
Beyond the heliopause, where the interstellar medium collides with the heliosphere, it was once thought there was a bow shock. However, data from the Interstellar Boundary Explorer suggests that the velocity of the Sun through the interstellar medium is too low for a bow shock to form.[3] Also, Cassini and IBEX data challenged the "heliotail" theory in 2009.[4][5] Voyager data led to a new theory that the heliosheath has "magnetic bubbles" and a stagnation zone.[6][7]
The 'stagnation region' within the heliosheath, starting around 113 AU, was detected by Voyager 1 in 2010.[6] There the solar wind velocity drops to zero, the magnetic field intensity doubles, and high-energy electrons from the galaxy increase 100-fold.[6]

link

You show you really know very little about these things. Please contribute something of substance or just leave.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Buddah, you are really like a little boy just yelling "nu huh" for no real reason and just exposing your ignorance. If your going to try to debunk things at least read first.:

A continuous extremely low frequency (ELF) process is present in the geomagnetic field. Resonant oscillations in the ionosphere of the Earth and oscillations in the plasmasphere and the magnetosphere are caused by the solar wind. The peaks of the resonant characteristic of the system are called the Schumann resonances, and reside approximately on 100, 21, 14.1, 7.8, 5.7, 4, 1, 0.1 and 0.001 Hz [1]. The most common geomagnetic frequency is 7.8 Hz and plants, animals and humans living in such environment are known to benefit from it [1,2].

Oh I see, you read this one paper. Well, they got it backward.

This is just one link

At any given moment about 2,000 thunderstorms roll over Earth, producing some 50 flashes of lightning every second. Each lightning burst creates electromagnetic waves that begin to circle around Earth captured between Earth's surface and a boundary about 60 miles up. Some of the waves - if they have just the right wavelength - combine, increasing in strength, to create a repeating atmospheric heartbeat known as Schumann resonance. This resonance provides a useful tool to analyze Earth's weather, its electric environment, and to even help determine what types of atoms and molecules exist in Earth's atmosphere.

The waves created by lightning do not look like the up and down waves of the ocean, but they still oscillate with regions of greater energy and lesser energy. These waves remain trapped inside an atmospheric ceiling created by the lower edge of the "ionosphere" - a part of the atmosphere filled with charged particles, which begins about 60 miles up into the sky. In this case, the sweet spot for resonance requires the wave to be as long (or twice, three times as long, etc) as the circumference of Earth. This is an extremely low frequency wave that can be as low as 8 Hertz (Hz) - some one hundred thousand times lower than the lowest frequency radio waves used to send signals to your AM/FM radio. As this wave flows around Earth, it hits itself again at the perfect spot such that the crests and troughs are aligned. Voila, waves acting in resonance with each other to pump up the original signal.

While they'd been predicted in 1952, Schumann resonances were first measured reliably in the early 1960s. Since then, scientists have discovered that variations in the resonances correspond to changes in the seasons, solar activity, activity in Earth's magnetic environment, in water aerosols in the atmosphere, and other Earth-bound phenomena.

And of course there is correlation between Schumann signal and lightning: link

The diurnal behavior of the vertical electric field shows three distinct maxima, associated with the three "hot spots" of planetary lightning activity: 9 UT (Universal Time) peak, linked to the increased thunderstorm activity from south-east Asia; 14 UT peak associated with the peak in African lightning activity; and the 20 UT peak resulting for the increase in lightning activity in South America. The time and amplitude of the peaks vary throughout the year, reflecting the seasonal changes in lightning activity.

Next time do yourself a favor and don't choose sources that suck.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The 'stagnation region' within the heliosheath, starting around 113 AU, was detected by Voyager 1 in 2010.[6] There the solar wind velocity drops to zero, the magnetic field intensity doubles, and high-energy electrons from the galaxy increase 100-fold.[6]

All right. First off, you are still mum on what are the mysterious "cosmic waves which would eliminate all life". Foot in your mouth much? Second, the 100-fold increase in the electron flux won't do jack to our planet, for two reasons -- it's still a small number, and because of the shower effect in the atmosphere that will dissipate the extra energy quite easily. The electrons simply won't get through the atmosphere, as in
Radiation Length
Properties of Nitrogen, including rad. length.

I don't expect you to understand any of that, but other people will find it useful.

You wrote complete nonsense with your "deadly waves" and demonstrated complete lack of understanding of subject matter. Dismissed.
edit on 25-10-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No they don't.

Buddah I proved both of my statements, you can say whatever you want. If you don't like my sources here is NASA saying the solar winds (helioshpere) protects us from cosmic radiation:

The solar wind is flagging. "Measurements by the Ulysses spacecraft show that solar wind pressure is at a 50-year low," he continues, "so the magnetic bubble that protects the solar system is not being inflated as much as usual."

NASA link

There is even a picture on it and the picture's text says:

An artist's concept of the heliosphere, a magnetic bubble that partially protects the solar system from cosmic rays. Credit: Walt Feimer/NASA GSFC's Conceptual Image Lab

The Other is by many PHD scientist that know a lot more than you so I won't bother looking up more sources.

Your wrong, get over it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No they don't.

Buddah I proved both of my statements, you can say whatever you want.

No you didn't. You declined to specify what the "waves" were. You know, those that might kill "all life". You said something exceptionally silly, and copped out.

If you don't like my sources here is NASA saying the solar winds (helioshpere) protects us from cosmic radiation

Oh, thanks for the source. I read it and came to the conclusion that your reading comprehension skills are missing wholesale, for you failed to read your own source. Since I'm a nice person, I'll post an excerpt here so you get another chance:

Your link which you failed to read

Earth is in no great peril from the extra cosmic rays. The planet's atmosphere and magnetic field combine to form a formidable shield against space radiation, protecting humans on the surface. Indeed, we've weathered storms much worse than this. Hundreds of years ago, cosmic ray fluxes were at least 200% higher than they are now. Researchers know this because when cosmic rays hit the atmosphere, they produce an isotope of beryllium, 10Be, which is preserved in polar ice. By examining ice cores, it is possible to estimate cosmic ray fluxes more than a thousand years into the past. Even with the recent surge, cosmic rays today are much weaker than they have been at times in the past millennium.

So much for "elimination of all life".

And since you quote NASA yourself, you'd have to stick with their statement about Schumann as well, which means the paper you quote (i.e. solar wind creates the Schumann signal) is a sloppy piece of work. It's the thunderstorms that create the signal by exciting the resonance.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Keywords:

. . . extra cosmic rays.

I think you're the one with the reading comprehension problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It's the thunderstorms that create the signal by exciting the resonance.

What do you think creates the thunderstorms?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It's the thunderstorms that create the signal by exciting the resonance.

What do you think creates the thunderstorms?

I thought they teach that in in grade school. Oh, and be careful with that coffee pot. It's HOT.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Keywords:

. . . extra cosmic rays.

I think you're the one with the reading comprehension problem.

Then help me interpret this idiotic sentence I was trying to comprehend:

What are the "waves"? What's the correlation between "extra" and "elimination of all life"? I used extra toilet paper today, will I go broke?

Further, as comprehension skills go, did you get the "formidable shield"? Did you or did you not?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I look at this whole subject as harmonics and all closely connected fractally/holographically.

To me harmonics is the vibrating pattern of existance and how it works. This pattern runs through everything and is fractal in nature. Microcosm/macrocosm or as above so below.

If you look harder at one bit of the pattern you get physics or music scales or frequencies or everthing, that are smaller reprasentations or parts of the whole.

So I relate my scale to this topic because I think they could be our natural frequencies as humans. We are a microcosm of the Earth/Eve whose natural frequency is the shumann resonance.

And we sometimes can connect or harmonise with the Earth and bigger picture with our frequencies(voice, song, music), resonating and creating more than was there before.

Healing us.

They are both also a scale copies of the big pattern and could possibly affect the brain and you girls/guys are a lot nicer here than doing a new thread yet while its not yet complete/experimental

The dictionary meanings of harmony/ harmonics sort of reflect what I mean , maybe "a pleasing combination of elements" could be best.

Harmony (disambiguation)

Harmony from Old French harmonie/armonie, Latin harmonia, Ancient Greek ἁρμονία (harmonia, “joint, union, agreement, concord of sounds”). 1. Noun; agreement or accord; 2. a pleasing combination of elements, or arrangement of sounds 3. (music) the academic study of chords; two or more notes played simultaneously to produce a chord; the relationship between two distinct musical pitches

en.wikipedia.org...(disambiguation)

Harmonic

The nodes of a vibrating string are harmonics.A harmonic of a wave is a component frequency of the signal that is an integer multiple of the fundamental frequency, i.e. if the fundamental frequency is f, the harmonics have frequencies 2f, 3f, 4f, . . . etc. The harmonics have the property that they are all periodic at the fundamental frequency, therefore the sum of harmonics is also periodic at that frequency. Harmonic frequencies are equally spaced by the width of the fundamental frequency and can be found by repeatedly adding that frequency. For example, if the fundamental frequency is 25 Hz, the frequencies of the harmonics are: 50 Hz, 75 Hz, 100 Hz etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

Harmonics (electrical power)

Harmonics are electric voltages and currents that appear on the electric power system as a result of non-linear electric loads. Harmonic frequencies in the power grid are a frequent cause of power quality problems.

en.wikipedia.org...(electrical_power)

Harmonic series (music)

Pitched musical instruments are often based on an approximate harmonic oscillator such as a string or a column of air, which oscillates at numerous frequencies simultaneously. At these resonant frequencies, waves travel in both directions along the string or air column, reinforcing and canceling each other to form standing waves. Interaction with the surrounding air causes audible sound waves, which travel away from the instrument. Because of the typical spacing of the resonances, these frequencies are mostly limited to integer multiples, or harmonics, of the lowest frequency, and such multiples form the harmonic series (see harmonic series (mathematics)).

The musical pitch of a note is usually perceived as the lowest partial present (the fundamental frequency), which may be the one created by vibration over the full length of the string or air column, or a higher harmonic chosen by the player. The musical timbre of a steady tone from such an instrument is determined by the relative strengths of each harmonic.

en.wikipedia.org...(music)

Harmonia (mythology)

In Greek mythology, Harmonia (Ancient Greek: Ἁρμονία) is the immortal goddess of harmony and concord. Her Roman counterpart is Concordia, and her Greek opposite is Eris, whose Roman counterpart is Discordia.
According to one account, she is the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite; By yet another account, Harmonia was from Samothrace and was the daughter of Zeus and Electra, her brother Iasion being the founder of the mystic rites celebrated on the island. Finally, Harmonia is rationalized as closely allied to Aphrodite Pandemos, the love that unites all people, the personification of order and civic unity, corresponding to the Roman goddess Concordia.

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
edit on 26-10-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal
I look at this whole subject as harmonics and all closely connected fractally/holographically.

What whole subject?

Your post was a reply to my post about Santos Bonacci and astrology.

Did you intend to be replying to this:

Anyway, your harmonic scale - you have a theory that relates to the topic of electromagnetism as waves which is relevant to the following part of the OP?

It makes you wonder… maybe our whole view of Science is being purposefully kept in the dark, and EM has the possibility of opening whole new worlds… quite literally.

Is astrology part of the whole subject you're referencing?

Also, in this statement:

So I relate my scale to this topic because I think they could be our natural frequencies as humans. We are a microcosm of the Earth/Eve whose natural frequency is the shumann resonance.

Please define "my scale." I've printed your post, which I appreciate, but I haven't tried to digest it yet because I need these questions answered first.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Has anyone listened to any lectures given by Santos Bonacci?

You linked to Part 2.

Here is Part 1:

If I am understanding him correctly, he's saying that the Bible has science in it if you know how to interpret it.

And he's saying that astrology is science.

I have to pause the video quite often because of the cognitive dissonance it causes.

But I think he is on to something.

I'm taking copious notes.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

And we sometimes can connect or harmonise with the Earth and bigger picture with our frequencies(voice, song, music), resonating and creating more than was there before.

DNA energy field laser frequency vibrations!

The word "frequency" always acts like a red flag to me, as it is for some reason a word woo-woos like a lot, and throw about in absurd ways despite its having a rigid, and not especially thrilling, definition in the scientific world (three others are "energy," "vibration," and "field").

edit on 26-10-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

DNA energy field laser frequency vibrations!

Does that link work for you? It's not working for me. What is the website or page you're linking to?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You should really read my Iridium thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Sorry Mary, fat fingers... Link corrected.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Go ahead! Link to it.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join