It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The full moon energy is really strong tonight -- very strong electromagnetic bliss pulling the spine up. The euphoria is awesome.

So gravity must be electrogravitic.

Yeah I posted that ancient sound temple research on the Devil's Chord thread.

So "middle C" on the piano is -- 120 Hertz? Nope - 260 hertz.

Yeah the low sounds -- so

"The findings indicated that at 110 Hz the patterns of activity over the prefrontal cortex abruptly shifted, resulting in a relative deactivation of the language center and a temporary shifting from left to right-sided dominance related to emotional processing and creativity. This shifting did not occur at 90 Hz or 130 Hz......In addition to stimulating their more creative sides, it appears that an atmosphere of resonant sound in the frequency of 110 or 111 Hz would have been “switching on” an area of the brain that bio-behavioral scientists believe relates to mood, empathy and social behavior.

O.K. so that is the A note below middle C.

But as it's stated the standing wave will also resonate all the harmonics of that frequency.

So

I don't notice anything.

I wonder if this would affect that "spinning lady" paradox -- where if your right brain or left brain dominant it changes the direction the lady is spinning.

Have you ever tried that? I can change her direction "at will" but it takes a bit of practice. But when the direction changes then the brain dominance changes.

So if you watch her spinning while listening to this 110 hertz then she should spin the direction for right brain dominance.

Here she is but watch out as she's a bit provocative haha

Further, how your visual cortex constructs this optical illusion says nothing about your hemispheric dominance, and is absolutely not a quick personality profile.

Yeah I guess that neuroscience dude debunks the right brain dominance thing. Too bad. But you'd think if listening to a certain frequency creates right brain dominance then why not a sexy spinning lady? haha.

Oh well.

but as discussed at the link above, if we examine what’s being observed there is large possibility for the Right’s propensity for searching out and prioritizing facial information first to lead some down the clockwise road. And leg-men (or -women) and those with a more linear, additive process preference for absorbing input may get the anti-clockwise spin initially. FWIW.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hi, I've known about the 111 hz research for a bit. Like to use 111 hz
as it is more syncronistic than 110 ie. all the 11:11 stuff. I have done
binaurals with 111 hz in one ear, 222 hz in the other and noticed some
positive effects. Been wanting to make an isochronic of this frequency
as that is said to be maybe stonger especially with these higher hz rates/large
gaps.

edit on 30-8-2012 by primalfractal because: bad spella

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal
gaps.

Do you realize that Hz unit of frequency is ultimately related to the second, the unit of time?
And the latter was defined rather arbitrarily as a certain fraction of a solar day. Problem is,
even the solar day is not constant and keeps changing. At a certain point in time,
scientists pegged the second to a certain atomic frequency to get a stable unit
of measurement. And so it is, in fact, an arbitrary definition. In view of this, all that
111, 222 and 333 numerology is utterly pointless.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

gaps.

Do you realize that Hz unit of frequency is ultimately related to the second, the unit of time?
And the latter was defined rather arbitrarily as a certain fraction of a solar day. Problem is,
even the solar day is not constant and keeps changing. At a certain point in time,
scientists pegged the second to a certain atomic frequency to get a stable unit
of measurement. And so it is, in fact, an arbitrary definition. In view of this, all that

Didn't know that, very interesting though. They both sound like universal constants rather than arbitrary random amounts. If you accept the as above so below holographic theory then it is just such constants that are used to measure things. The pyramids are an excellent example of this with their myriad correlations to sun, stars and planets.

I am aware that trying to pick frequencies, scales etc. is somewhat like answering the rhetorical "how long is a piece of string". In the case of sound cymatics/waveforms you have to also figure what the string is made of lol.

The 110-111hz measured in ancient monuments certainly isn't arbitrary. It is a particular waveform regardless of label and has been recorded in numerous locations far beyond the possibility of mere chance. I assume the right brain shift has been recorded at this same frequency.

And so it is, in fact, an arbitrary definition. In view of this, all that

Um I said I liked the synchronicity, not numerology.

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.

The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead it maintains that, just as events may be grouped by cause, they may also be grouped by meaning. A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.
[1]

from wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

Synchronicity is related to right brain pattern recognition, not logic. As such 111 is very appealing to the right brain, could seeing such patterns be a sign the right brain or yin/feminine is waking up?

As far as numerology goes I am far from expert but it does seem to give the 111 thing more power. Absolutely loaded with meaning really, like the trinity, 3 dimensions, earth/sun/moon, body/spirit/soul, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

Sometimes it's better not to beat your head against the wall... which is like trying to argue with some with a preset agenda, not interest in exploring....

But back to the subject, researching this more I found an 2008 study at UCLA by Ian A. Cook. This is not new age stuff this is heavy academia and the guy is involved mainly with depression research... I find the venlafexine (effexor) refence intriguing for personal reasons:

Korb AS, Cook IA, Hunter AM, Leuchter AF.
Brain electrical source differences between depressed subjects and healthy controls.
Brain Topogr. 2008 Dec; 21(2):138-46. abstract full ref

Cook IA.
Biomarkers in Psychiatry: Potentials, Pitfalls, and Pragmatics.
Primary Psychiatry. 2008; 15(3):54-59 abstract full ref

Lesser IM, Zisook S, Flores D, Sciolla A, Cook I, Epstein M, Rosales A, Albala AA, Gonzalez C, Trivedi M, Luther J, Alpert JE, Rush AJ.
Spanish- And English-Speaking Hispanic Patients In STAR*D: Comparison Of Outcomes.
Psychiatr Serv 59(11):1273-84. 2008. abstract full ref

Leuchter AF, Cook IA, DeBrota DJ, Hunter AM, Potter WZ, McGrouther CC, Morgan ML, Abrams M, Siegman B.
Changes in brain function during administration of venlafaxine or placebo to normal subjects.
Clin EEG Neurosci. 2008 Oct; 39(4):175-81. abstract

list of some of his other publications in 2008

Here is the study:
Full article; Abstract.

Here are his conclusions:

Results
Cordance values at 110 Hz differed from values at other frequencies in the left temporal region and over the prefrontal cortex (Table 1, Figures 1 and 2). In the left temporal region, cordance values were significantly lower at 110 Hz compared with 90 Hz (p=0.04), and 130 Hz (p=0.01), with a statistical trend value at 100 Hz (p=0.07). In the prefrontal region, hemispheric dominance shifted at 110 Hz.The average cordance values in channels over the left hemisphere were higher than the right at 90, 100, 120, and 130 Hz, but this prefrontal asymmetry reversed at 110Hz (p ≤ 0.05 for 90, 100, and 130 Hz).

Simply put, 110 HZ lowers left brain (logic) thinking and increases right brain (emotion) thinking.

Comment
The central finding in this pilot study was that listening to tones at 110 Hz was associated with patterns of regional brain activity that differed from those observed when listening to tones at neighboring frequencies. These differences were statistically significant in left temporal activity and in prefrontal asymmetries. The meaning of these changes in brain function is open to speculation.

The left temporal region has been implicated in the cognitive processing of spoken language; lower cordance values during the 110 Hz stimuli would be consistent with reduced activity under that condition. This might be interpreted as a relative deactivation of language centers in the brain to allow other mental processes to become more prominent. The localization to the temporal lobe is also consistent with prior studies implicating this region in the processing of musical pitch information (reviewed by Peretz and Zatorre 2005).

Studies of prefrontal asymmetry have suggested that patterns of shifting asymmetry are related to emotional states (cf. Davidson et al. 2002), so the inversion of the asymmetric pattern we observed may reflect some differences in activation in cortical or cortico-subcortical networks in response to that specific tone (cf. Jackson et al. 2003).

"Deactivation of the language center to allow other mental process to become more prominent" is quite and interesting statement... especially coming from this guy.
edit on 2-9-2012 by pianopraze because: i had to create a tiny url for the article because the full link would not play well with ats code, here is full article full url: intuitiveearth.com...[1].pdf

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Didn't know that, very interesting though. They both sound like universal constants rather than arbitrary random amounts.

Sorry, but these are the fact. There are "feet" and there are "meters".

The pyramids are an excellent example of this with their myriad correlations to sun, stars and planets.

The Pyramids are a marvel. Still, I would go easy on "sacred" and metaphysical.

The 110-111hz measured in ancient monuments certainly isn't arbitrary. It is a particular waveform regardless of label and has been recorded in numerous locations far beyond the possibility of mere chance.

What waveform are you talking about? You seem to be awfully confused about frequencies and waveforms and their different nature.

And so it is, in fact, an arbitrary definition. In view of this, all that

Um I said I liked the synchronicity, not numerology.

Ah, down the rabbit hole... Now it's some kind of "synchronicity".

Again, why do 110 or 111 HZ matter if it's an arbitrary number?

Absolutely loaded with meaning really, like the trinity, 3 dimensions, earth/sun/moon, body/spirit/soul, etc.

Why? By the way, there are really 4 dimensions, you can't ignore this in relativistic kinematics. Time is a dimension.

And what's this nonsense about Earth/Sun/Moon? There are planets with more than one moon. There are systems with more than one sun. All that just seems a primitive way of "thinking", and yes, please keep the double quotes.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Hahahaaaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaa

Its my first troll can I keep it?
It makes funny noises lmfao
"no son don't feed the trolls"
"but Daddddddd"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Thanks pianopraze. Great info, that Cook research is very interesting. Its the scientific proof of the 110-111 hz right brain shift that I was guessing existed in my previos post lol.

The localization to the temporal lobe is also consistent with prior studies implicating this region in the processing of musical pitch information (reviewed by Peretz and Zatorre 2005).

I wonder if the monuments were tuned with scientific instruments or(more likely I believe) by ear. An extremely sensitive person may have been able to detect the right brain shift in hemispherical dominance internally. The above effect of hightened pitch processing would assist this method and also bring in an element of self correction.

edit on 5-9-2012 by primalfractal because: Letters

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

Hahahaaaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaa

Its my first troll can I keep it?
It makes funny noises lmfao
"no son don't feed the trolls"
"but Daddddddd"

I see, this is how you face reality.

All right then, marvel at your 111s and 110s.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thought this would be a good time to refer to the work of Helmut Warm, The Signature of the Celestial Spheres. Helmut has followed on the work of Kepler about the harmonic relationships of our solar system or "the harmony of the spheres". With rigorous and meticulous science he shows the chance of the positions and harmonic relationships of the planets being random as 1:1600 or as we say in oz, bugger all.

we can state definitively with 99.9% probability an influence was at work that brought about an ordering involving the musically harmonious ratios shown to have come into being.

The Signature of the Celestial Spheres (p75)

On a lighter note here is a vid of an amazing overtone singer that is believed to have healing powers.

He has some good information on his site Manaka Studios

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'll give you a few... Google Karl Welz, SLim Spurling, Centre for Implosion Research, Moe Joe Cell, and xtrememind

I stumbled across the name Slim Spurling this morning, and a search of ATS brought up this thread.

These are some interesting YouTube videos which include testimonials:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

So Mary, you are on board with this guy who said that he has created a "room temperature superconducting device"?

EDIT TO ADD: the guy is a genius. He's apparently found a way to sell pieces of wire for a considerable sum of money.
edit on 20-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

EDIT TO ADD: the guy is a genius. He's apparently found a way to sell pieces of wire for a considerable sum of money.

Spurling is deceased.

I have no interest in the website you linked to. I suspect they're just trading on his name.

The website where I stumbled across his name is Ville's Research. Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Spurling is deceased.

I have no interest in the website you linked to. I suspect they're just trading on his name.

It's stated on the site that his wife (now widow, apparently) is handling the merchandising. But it's quite apparent that they are selling exactly the kind of stuff he describes in the video and on the site. So what do you suggest by "just trading"? I mean, Tesla is deceased as well, but we are still using the real technology that he invented. You can't say "they are just trading on Tesla's name" when talking about vital parts of power generation systems.

I'm not surprised that you "don't have interest", even though you pulled this material yourself in a completely unrelated thread. Superficiality is the name of the game... and you avoided answering the question of how the hell he "invented a room temperature superconductor".

And of course if you watch the video, they DO sell all sorts of crap they call rings, harmonizers etc. Despite the heavy use of the "cubit" in Slim's parlance, the actual stuff they sold was made in any size at all, divide the cubit by 2 etc...Why not by 7 or 9, or 3.1415926? You will also notice that portable "harmonizers" are different from the one Slim explains in the video (he actually doesn't explain jack, just says that if you weld together 3 rings they will create a toroidal flow of energy (what energy?) in space) -- duh!

Crapola.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Spurling is deceased.

The website where I stumbled across his name is Ville's Research. Very interesting.

Interesting? You find THIS interesting?

According to Annie Besant (1910) there are different densities of etheric matter that are different as solid and liquid are different, and these yield what we call electricity, sound, light, and so on. The densest form of ether motion gives the ordinary current electricity and in that same kind of ether are the vibrations of sound, which set the air waves going (vibrations of air are secondary).

Vibrations of air are "secondary"? Well let's just pump out the air and see how sound propagates... Wait, this is an experiment done daily in schools... Here:

Willfully ignoring the reality around us is nothing short of idiocy.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Oh, there is just too much false and idiotic stuff on that page, such as:

Spurling's harmonizers are capable of reducing air pollution and clear air at least ten miles radius, especially when resonant frequencies of the water molecules in a cloud are played to the harmonizer.

Let's take a look at the
frequencies.

...and use google to boot.

Infrared or microwave frequencies can't be transmitted by sound, and much less produced by the CD player that Slim was using.

I mean, it takes a gullible moron to believe in all this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I found a new paper on infrasound and the paranormal: link.

I found this particularly interesting:

2.4 Psychological & Physiological effects of infrasound.
A number of studies have been conducted to study the psychological & physiological effects of infrasound on individuals e.g. Chen & Hanmin (2004) & Moller (1984). Such studies have used a range of pure infrasound tones at high sound pressure levels to examine the effects of infrasound exposure upon subjects.
Individuals subjected to infrasound at high SPL‟s reported feeling uncomfortable, ear pressure, headaches, tiredness & feeling „troubled‟(Moller, 1984). Karpova et al. reported effects on the cardiovascular & respiratory systems, producing changes within the heart rate, blood pressure & respiratory rate. Although the effects of infrasound exposure have been objectively demonstrated, the results obtained from these experiments have shown highly variable effects with different individuals experiencing different responses to the infrasound exposure (Chen & Hanmin, 2004). Infrasound exposure has also been reported to include effects on the inner ear, leading to vertigo & imbalance; intolerable sensations, incapacitation, disorientation, nausea & vomiting (Hansen, 2007). Subjects exposed to infrasound at 5Hz & 10Hz with levels of 100dB-135dB reported feelings of fatigue, apathy & depression, pressure in the ears, a loss of concentration, drowsiness & vibrations of the internal organs (Karpova et al, 1970). In a study of airline pilots Lidstrom (1978) found that long-term exposure to infrasound of 14Hz-16Hz at levels around 125dB caused decreased alertness, a faster decrease in the electrical resistance of the skin & an alteration in time perception. Other researchers have reported that infrasound exposure produced sensations of apprehension, visual effects, nausea & dizziness (Stephens, 1969) also, depression, fatigue & headaches (Gavreau, 1968). Gavreau (1968) further observed that ordinary man-made sources of infrasound including fans & defective air conditioners etc may produce similar effects.

Sorry its such a big block of text, but it lists a lot of biological effects at different frequencies and db.

Most paranormal shows talk about the effects of EM on the body producing similar results. Interesting that both sound and high EM can cause similar physiological effects.

Makes me wonder if a lot of ghosts and haunted places are not just places that have infrasound caused by environmental affects.

Tandy (2000) reports finding an infrasound standing wave at 19Hz with amplitude of 38dB in the haunted cellar.

There's a lot more in the paper if interested.

edit on 23-9-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

"Deactivation of the language center to allow other mental process to become more prominent" is quite and interesting statement... especially coming from this guy.
reply to post by pianopraze

Harmonics, DNA, Earth Grid, Pyramids and Thoth all tie in to this above for me. It is so amazing that we have had the answers to so many questions in times past.

No wonder the Library of Alexandria was burned!

I am in no way at ALL trying to derail this wonderful and thought provoking thread!!! As my signature states, we are all connected in so many ways it is not funny!!!

Carry on my friends!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Harmonics, DNA, Earth Grid, Pyramids and Thoth all tie in to this above for me.

What harmonics? Harmonic has a very strict definition. What you wrote is akin to saying that frequency, glucose, Eiffel Tower and Cthulhu all tie in to this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Harmonics, DNA, Earth Grid, Pyramids and Thoth all tie in to this above for me.

What harmonics? Harmonic has a very strict definition. What you wrote is akin to saying that frequency, glucose, Eiffel Tower and Cthulhu all tie in to this.

What I said in the above has to do also with.... Light, Sound, Brain Frequency, Schumann Resonances... I dont expect you to grasp a concept you are closed minded to.

If you will notice I replied to someone else who may understand.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join