It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Wow so you really can't understand what I've provided here. haha.

O.K. let's do a basic review:

I already posted this --

1 GHz NMR magnetic field is 23.5 Tesla.

It's a simple conversion to get this:

2.3 nanotesla for each extra miliHertz of frequency

But I guess you couldn't figure that you could you. haha.

Oh yeah -- are you still claiming Persinger really meant Megahertz? haha. Here's another one for you:

(residual fields below 1 nT, gradients below 12 pT/cm, line broadening of less than 1 mHz).

That's on Nuclear magnetic resonance in the nanoTesla range

O.K. do you need more? Or will you continue ignoring blatant reality?

PDF] Magnetic pulsations in the polar cap ... 21.3 minutes of 3 March is shown with the amplitude in nanotesla per second (nT/s) as a function of frequency, 0 to 50 millihertz. (mHz)

MAGNETORESISTIVE materials are candidates for developing low-power, miniature magnetic field sensors for the detection of sub-nanoTesla magnetic fields at milliHertz frequencies.

Oh my. Yeah Persinger really didn't mean millihertz. haha.

How about that magnetometer -- still want to question if it can read nanoTesla at the proper "calibration"? haha.

So wait -- you used to teach this subject? Or is that just more misinformation you've provided.

According to all the blatant errors you've made about basic information -- I can only see evidence that is contrary to your personal "authority." haha.

Oh yeah "random" as in googling nanotesla amplitude modulation.

Oops -- I know that goes against your policy of "willful ignorance." haha.

Cummings et al. (1969) reported observations of relatively monochromatic magnetic pulsations recorded at synchronous orbit by the magnetometer on ATS 1. These pulsations were largely transverse, had peak-to-peak amplitudes of up to 20 nT, and had frequencies in the range 3-2O mHz. They attributed these pulsations to hydromagnetic resonances in the magnetosphere.

Figure 1a shows the time variations of one horizontal component of the Earth's natural magnetic field, measured with a coil-core magnetometer whose output is the time derivative of the magnetic field, with the scale given in terms of nanoteslas times frequency.

On Geoelectricity

Yep -- another confirmation of nanotesla amplitudes in the frequency range of millihertz.

So like I said you were wrong in about -- what six different ways about Persinger's paper.

My take is you're trying to confuse people and also maybe you just don't want to admit you don't understand a lot of things. Oh well.

edit on 17-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

a

"limited sensitivity in the range of interest"

Hilarious. Sounds like New Age bunk. haha.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

"limited sensitivity in the range of interest"
Hilarious. Sounds like New Age bunk. haha.

It may, actually, to a person with no science education and absence of experience in electronics -- I grant you that. But it's clear as a summer day for anyone (and I mean anyone, not necessarily a physicist) who did well in school or tinkered with circuits for a while.

I can say that you hearing has limited sensitivity in ultrasound range. This is plain. For a person with reading comprehension problems, this may sound as "bunk".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oh my. Yeah Persinger really didn't mean millihertz. haha.

You were talking about megahertz instead of millihertz, so maybe you know at least part of the answer.

How about that magnetometer -- still want to question if it can read nanoTesla at the proper "calibration"? haha.

You use "haha" so often it looks like it's a filler where meaning is absent. But I digress -- regarding the magnetometer, you personally posted technical information that casts doubt on usefulness of this device in the context of the experiment at issue. You did it yourself, and I simply pointed this out. If you refuse to look at the information that you personally post, I can't help you (and nobody can, for that matter). And no amount of "haha" can fix that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Sounds like New Age bunk.

I've enjoyed your posts thus far, fulllotus, but I'll have to call you on that particular bit.

"New Age" is actually "Rediscovery", science that didn't use the pretty, flowery language we're used to, but worked pretty damn well compared to the "science" we use nowadays. Pills that are half poison, chemical treatments that cure you can harm you at the same time, surgeries that are botched half the time and cut corners...

No, New Age is not bunk. It's stuff that the ancients discovered, and were hidden by various organizations because it meant less reliance upon the system. We're just now giving these things the credence they deserve...it's only "bunk" because we're trained to think the "accepted" way.

edit on CFridaypm565629f29America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm going to point out the rather interesting lack of rebuttal in your post.

Essentially, you skirted the actual issue, using the majority of your time to defend yourself and snark at fulllotus.
edit on CFridaypm212133f33America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I'm going to point out the rather interesting lack of rebuttal in your post.

Essentially, you skirted the actual issue, using the majority of your time to defend yourself and snark at fulllotus.

I did not skirt anything.

If you care to read these pages, I said in a very clear manner that I was confused about units used in the study. Further, I was reading two papers at the same time (and the other one, by Estonian scientists, was of much better quality than Persinger's) and the other paper was using 450MHz carrier. I erroneously assumed that same range was used in both, which I stated. Now, lotus was using the megahertz units himself, left right and the center, so I find it disingenuous to say that it was solely my error. Persinger was cloudy enough in his paper, that's for sure.

As to the question of the sensitivity, the source quoted by gong is clear on that there was limited sensitivity. Snark or no snark, this is what he found, only to proceed to declare it "bunk" (which it's not). Read for yourself.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
No, New Age is not bunk. It's stuff that the ancients discovered, and were hidden by various organizations because it meant less reliance upon the system. We're just now giving these things the credence they deserve...it's only "bunk" because we're trained to think the "accepted" way.

I just love that "hidden knowledge" thing. It's unprovable! It's like an invisible spaghetti monster that's hovering over Manhattan. You tell me that it's there, but damn, it's invisible so you can't show it to me at the moment, but you swear it's there, it's just that some nefarious interest sprinkled special invisibility dust on the ancient monster.

Swell.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Relevant from 1935?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Relevant from 1935?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That seems to be a very nice paper, and a lot more robust and detailed compared to Persinger's "work". I would only like to note that appears to me in first reading, that the authors were considering frequencies in kHz domain, which is different from Persinger's and Estonian studies.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Relevant from 1935?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Very good find, showing this technology goes back a lot further that people think and consequently is now much farther advanced than they want to admit.

Way to get the thread back on track I was beginning to despair it had been trolled to death.

Thank you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Relevant from 1935?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Very good find, showing this technology goes back a lot further that people think and consequently is now much farther advanced than they want to admit.

That does not appear to be the case, quite the opposite. These people back in 1935 did a thorough and rigorous work of characterizing the magnetic field produces by a certain type of coils, made some decent calculations and graphs, in order to be sure what they are dealing with in the actual experiment. Fast forward to 2000s, where lazy and incompetent Persinger feels it's enough to plug a couple of coils into a DAC connected to a personal computer and just pulse them in arbitrary manner. He doesn't even care that the 7Hz carrier or has tons of various harmonics (which it very likely does, based on the description of the signal source).

So it appears to be a regress. Score: 1935 - one, Persinger - zero.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
He doesn't even care that the 7Hz carrier or has tons of various harmonics (which it very likely does, based on the description of the signal source).

Huh? Your sentence doesn't make any sense.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

He doesn't even care that the 7Hz carrier or has tons of various harmonics (which it very likely does, based on the description of the signal source).

Huh? Your sentence doesn't make any sense.

No, not to you Mary, you don't have the technical knowledge to understand that part in the paper.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No, not to you Mary, you don't have the technical knowledge to understand that part in the paper.

No, actually, your sentence makes no sense, and you need to explain yourself. What are you saying about the 7Hz carrier?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yeah I was being sarcastic as B.S.er always just flippantly claims everything is New Age bunk.

Sorry for no "emoticon" to clarify my intonation. haha.

Although for anyone interested in the New Age then studying the work of Clive Prince and Lynn Picknett is a must -- especially their Stargate Conspiracy book. I probably already posted the interviews with them online -- but because Prince and Picknett prove that the CIA and Freemasonry are deep into the New Age movement -- in fact the Freemason magazine is called New Age or New Dawn or something. Anyway so this entangles Drunvalo Melchizadek, Jose Arguelles, Edgar Cayce, and the whole egyptology scene of Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval, etc. This goes back to Andrija Puharich's CIA mind control research on ELF and "channeling" the Egyptian Nine -- the Ennead -- which is tied to the Pythagorean Tetrad and also the All-Seeing Eye of Freemasonry.

The essence goes back even further to the idea that infinity can be materially contained through geometry and so this is essentially satanic as it denies the reality of formless consciousness as immaterial Emptiness -- or the true meaning of God, Allah, Buddha, etc.

So around 9,000 BCE there was something called the "symbolic revolution" by Dr. Jacques Cauvin - the first megalith constructions were done by the hunter gatherers before plow-based agriculture. The first megaliths were religious constructions celebrating the male hunting achieving an over-supply -- but the symbols used were human-centered for the first time. In other words the males believed they could contain and control Nature instead of humans being a part of Nature, existing within formless consciousness.

So I don't dismiss the New Age but I am also very skeptical of it because, for example, the Egyptians never used the Golden Ratio -- this is a projection by the Freemason CIA propagandists -- the idea is to assimilate nonWestern cultures -- to project onto them and then convince people that they are actuall Western.

So what is happening is a "fake" version of nonwestern cultures is then being passed off to people as a new religion that actually is meant to convince people that the latest mind control technology is to their favor.

A good example of this is how now everyone has a cell phone more or less and so a person isn't considered a "real" human unless they have a cell phone and this is based on the "meme" that even in the underdeveloped countries everyone is getting a cell phone -- in Africa, Asia, etc. meanwhile the WHO in the U.N. just released a study showing that microwaves as quantum frequency are inherently carcinogenic health hazards and so cell phone use is dangerous and especially any wifi technology -- especially the transmitters to the satellites, the relay stations, etc.

O.K. so the thing is that quantum physics shows that Nature can not be contained or controlled and actually the most sophisticated technology is Nature itself as quantum entanglement -- and this means science has reached its limit already. Science is proving that ecology is more sophisticated and complicated than any supercomputer can be ever.

The cultural philosopher Slavoj Zizek argues that the three main worldviews of our day are "rational humanism" and "postmodernism" and "New Ageism." So there is no escaping these worldviews or ideologies and they tend to overlap and interact, etc. but the thing is there is a fourth realm that Zizek identifies using Lacanian psychoanalysis -- called the "lack" of the signifier and "lack" of the signified -- it is called the Emptiness or the void of meaning as the real truth of reality.

Zizek just hints at this so he's practicing basically mind yoga as radical Christian philosophy like an existentialist -- he's big on Heidegger -- but anyway it's very difficult to understand Zizek as he is limited in what he can say - he just "empties" out ideology but offers no real alternative.

So anyway I agree with you that there is definitely a truth to shamanic nonwestern cultures that we can learn but unfortunately this truth gets twisted and watered down very frequently in the New Age community -- nevertheless the truth can be found in the New Age community if it is searched for. This is why I promoted qigong master Chunyi Lin as I took classes from him and he has been proven by the Mayo Clinic medical researchers -- a top research hospital -- also the U of Minnesota -- they did a "randomized controlled" or "gold standard" study proving that transmitting qi energy for healing is real and effective. It's on the springforestqigong.com... website. So Chunyi Lin went a month in a cave in China sitting in full lotus yoga position and he took no water and no food and no sleep the whole time -- and so this was through Master Zhang of qigongmaster.com...

There are real healers out there.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm glad you have noticed B.S.er blatantly avoiding the difference between frequency and amplitude intensity modulation -- the nanotesla of the magnetometer refers to the amplitude intensity modulation but B.S.er has avoided this issue.

B.S.er first claimed Persinger was using megahertz and B.S.er continues to avoid admitting making this blatant error -- even though it's in the thread.

B.S.er continues to "appeal to his own authority" -- claiming he has some vast knowledge that we just can't understand -- despite the fact he's made six blatant errors about Persinger's paper. haha.

On the issue of whether humans can hear ultrasound or not -- this is related to the ELF mind control issue as detailed in CIA Andrija Puharich's book on ELF magnetic model of matter and mind: The origin of life and the art of healing -- pdf

This is a fascinating read -- essentially ultrasound creates a subharmonic nonlinear amplification in the ELF frequency. So as biologist Brian Goodwin emphasized the subharmonics of frequency create a significant increase in amplification.

So the higher (or bigger) the frequency the smaller the wavelength as time period -- they are inverse. This is just demonstrated on a vibrating stringer -- the longer or bigger the string the lower the frequency by the square. What gets interesting though is how the subharmonics and ultraharmonics then transduce into other forms of energy. So Puharich argues that the ultrasound transduces into an electromagnetic brain signal that then has a subharmonic in the ELF wave of the proton. Since it's a lower frequency it has a longer wavelength and as Brian Goodwin the biologist demonstrated -- the subharmonic of frequency creates a significant increase in amplitude. Puharich argues that the ELF wave of the proton splits the proton electron bonds creating alchemical fusion. This is very much the same as "cold fusion" based on sonofusion from ultrasound -- sonoluminescence. So the ultrasound by transducing or resonating the electromagnetic waves creates light energy from sound. But the energy keeps resonating -- nonlinear fashion -- so that there is a quantum relativity going on -- with a bending of spacetime as a mini-black hole enabling paranormal effects like telepathy and telekinesis and levitation and astral travel, etc.

Applying that to Persinger's research -- I actually corresponded with Persinger when I sent him an email asking his views about Andrija Puharich's research. Persinger responded that he thought Puharich's research was greatly underappreciated. Then Persinger went on to repeat an experiment of telepathy using ELF waves as is recommended in the above Puharich pdf. So whether I inspired Persinger to pick up again on Puharich's research -- I can't prove but it's very possible. Also I then asked Persinger what he thought about Puharich's working for the CIA and Persinger did not respond. haha. This is interesting as Persinger himself has been outed in the mind control victims community as Persinger worked for the Navy and was connected to CIA mind control fronts, SRI doing New Age research, etc.

So this goes back to the Stargate Conspiracy research of Prince and Picknett -- they have a lot to say on Puharich that is not favorable -- about his "channeling" actually relying on using mind control implants that Puharich had patented. But Puharich himself claimed in his later days that the CIA was out to kill him and indeed Puharich died in a mysterious fire in his house -- or some such - - there was a mysterious fire anyway. Puharich's later ELF protection watch was tested by someone who posted online -- they couldn't find any results and when they opened it up it looked like just a normal watch with just some copper added to it. So in his later years to what extent Puharich was just milking the New Age scene is hard to tell but it is said that a person can never leave the CIA once they join it.
edit on 19-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm glad you have noticed B.S.er blatantly avoiding the difference between frequency and amplitude intensity modulation -- the nanotesla of the magnetometer refers to the amplitude intensity modulation but B.S.er has avoided this issue.

"Amplitude intensity" is a nonsensical phrase. Please do yourself a favor and learn a thing or two. Equally nonsesical is "nanotesla of the magnitometer".

B.S.er first claimed Persinger was using megahertz and B.S.er continues to avoid admitting making this blatant error -- even though it's in the thread.

You are lying. I admitted to my confusion regarding the units on page 51.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"Amplitude intensity" is a nonsensical phrase. Please do yourself a favor and learn a thing or two. Equally nonsesical is "nanotesla of the magnitometer".

Intensity www.pemf.com/en/intensity.html Field Intensity (also known as amplitude or flux density)

So you could say it's redundant aka synonymous in a magnetic field -- I could have written amplitude intensity flux density. It's not nonsensical. It's the same thing.

The determinants of field intensity (amplitude) are the magnetic coil length (meters), the number of turns (or "windings") of the coil, and the strength of the electrical current (Ampères) applied to the coil.

Those are my italics for the quotes here to show you're lying once again. Stop trying to confuse people by making claims with no evidence.

AIM (redirected from Amplitude Intensity Modulation)

Oh so Amplitude Intensity is not o.k. yet Amplitude Intensity Modulation is o.k. haha. If you can modulate amplitude intensity then you can write amplitude intensity. So amplitude intensity is sensical.

Comparison of the amplitude/intensity function of the auditory ... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11803241 by M Neukirch - 2002 - Cited by 16 - Related articles Comparison of the amplitude/intensity function

Well Amplitude/Intensity is sensical. Hmm. haha.

Common Terms: Amplitude - Intensity is the output of electrotherapy ... www.criterionmed.com/PDF/common%20terms.pdf File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View Amplitude - Intensity is the output of electrotherapy distributed by the unit to the patient.

Amplitude-Intensity is sensical. haha.

You're wrong once again.

First of all it's Magnetometer. Yes "magnitometer" is nonsensical. Did you spell it like that on purpose?

MEDA FVM400 Vector Fluxgate Magnetometer www.meda.com/FVM400.htm Dec 5, 2004 – The FVM400 Vector Magnetometer. 1 Nanotesla (0.01 milligauss) Resolution in ±100000 Nanotesla (1 Gauss) Full Scale Range. ±0.25% Basic ... [PDF] RM100 Nanotesla Meter www.meda.com/Data_Sheets/RM100_Data_Sheet.pdf File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View Jun 1, 2004 – www.meda.com. Introduction. The RM100 Nanotesla meter is a significantly enhanced replacement for the HSM-2 Station Magnetometer. 3-day GOES Magnetometer Monitor www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/mag_3d.html 3-day GOES Magnetometer Hp component plot. The GOES Hp plot contains the 1-minute averaged parallel component of the magnetic field in nanoTeslas (nT), ... [PDF] From Nanotesla to Picotesla — a New Window for Magnetic ... geom.geometrics.com... File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View by H BECKER - 1995 - Cited by 49 - Related articles pumped caesium magnetometer with a sensitiv- ity in the picotesla range (1 picotesla (pT) = 0.001 nanotesla (nT)). It is the first time that magnetic prospecting ... Sub-nano-tesla In-plane Vector Magnetometer Employing Single ... ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel3/4282/12326/00566926.pdf?arnumber... by E Paperno - 1996 - Related articles Sub-Nano-Tesla In-Plane Vector Magnetometer. Employing Single Magnetoresistor. Eugene Papemo and Ben-Zion Kaplan*. Department of Eltceicd ... Earth Magnetometer - Scientificmeter.com - Air Ion Counters, EMF ... www.scientificmeter.com/m_earth_magnet.htm Until now, resolution of 1 nanotesla or .01 milligauss could be achieved only with very expensive, heavy, and high-power-consuming magnetometers such as ... Optomechanical magnetometer with nano-Tesla sensitivity www.opticsinfobase.org › Conference Papers › CLEOPR › 2011 › FS1 by S Forstner - 2011 - Related articles Aug 28, 2011 – Optomechanical magnetometer with nano-Tesla sensitivity. S. Forstner, S. Prams, E.D. van Ooijen, J.D. Swaim, J. Knittel, G.I. Harris, ...

What about six magnetometers with nanoTesla sensitivity or the nanoteslas of the magnetometers. If it's one magnetometer then it's nanotesla of the magnetometer.

You are lying. I admitted to my confusion regarding the units on page 51.

Just goes to show how brilliant the paper is and how clearly it's all laid out.

You blame your "confusion" on Persinger! haha. Persinger discusses millihertz very clearly in the paper.

B.S.er sure consisently B.S.s!! haha.

No one believes your B.S. anymore. I've proven you wrong so many times it's hilarious.

Persinger's paper again -- pdf

amplitude modulated (mHz range) magnetic fields

from the abstract. B.S.er actually claimed Persinger was wrong and he really should have written Megahertz! haha.

The amplitude modulation pattern, which contained components and subcomponents within the mHz range, is typical of geomagnetic power densities.

From the text of the paper. So again mHz is clearly discussed -- but apparently not clear enough for B.S.er.

What did B.S.er state with his usual arrogance?

I leave aside the strange fact that Persinger used wrong notation (mHz vs MHz), which actually means "milliHertz". That's a blooper like I haven't seen in a paper.

Hilarious.

Now just to confirm this was B.S.er's fault -- again Persinger clearly discusses milihertz -- from the paper:

Few studies have examined EEG outcomes from application of time-varying magnetic fields applied to the whole body with dominant frequencies of 10 Hz or less [25]. One research group conducted two studies [3,4] using the same 1.5 Hz and 10 Hz magnetic fields but applied the fields at two different intensities (100 T vs. 10 T) about a thousand times more intense than the ones employed in the present study.

So B.S.er you couldn't even find the source of the magnetic fields in the paper and you couldn't realize he was discussing milihertz nanotesla amplitude intensity. haha.

After B.S.er gives his lengthy dismissal of Persinger -- like a spoiled little brat he makes this exclamation:

And again, I'm waiting to see where the "megahertz" signal is coming from, in this setup.

Just like he's talking to his mom at the Mall -- I'm waiting for you to give me what I want!! haha.

Oh how wrong you were B.S.er. Oh but wait B.S.er has some words of wisdom for us:

Let me translate the science lingo into English: Persinger's knowledge of lab work is p!ss poor and his paper is worthless.

Oh really or is that nonsensical? haha.

Did B.S.er ever get what he wanted -- oh he is demanding isn't he -- like a spoiled brat:

you never answered how a 7Hz signal modulated in the MHz range can still be considered a 7 Hz signal. Anyone with basic education can tell you that's horsesh!t.

This commentary by B.S.er after apparently reading Persinger's paper sure is enlightening -- or is B.S.er just straight up lying? Did you really read it and remain so confused?

In Persinger's paper, it's a classic word soup and not clear at all, perhaps because they wanted to emphasize the 7Hz part. Funny they didn't mention the exact high frequency they used as a carrier.

B.S.er never actually admits to reading Persinger's paper but just makes nonsensical exclamations about Persinger's paper.

But wait, they don't specify what exactly the carrier frequency was. Why? Did you read the paper? If yes, did you see what part of the apparatus was generating the carrier? Did you or did you not? Let me know.

In the end it's all about B.S.er and his special needs. The magnetic flux density is perpendicular to the magnetic field of the coils. Hope that helps you out B.S.er.

Magnetic flux density B is defined as the force acting per unit current in a wire of unit length at right-angles to the field B = F / ILsin θ → F = B I L sin θ [θ: Angle between the B and L] [NB: write down the above defining equation & define each symbol if you're not able to give the “statement form”.] Direction of the magnetic force is always perpendicular to the plane containing the current I and B [even if θ ≠ 0] The Tesla is defined as the magnetic flux density of a magnetic field that causes a force of one newton to act on a current of one ampere in a wire of length one metre which is perpendicular to the magnetic field.

See the link for the diagrams Back to Persinger:

The results of this experimental simulation of a “sudden commencement” mHz range amplitude modulation of 7 Hz magnetic fields showed that theta activity in the right parietal region was increased for the 20 nT exposures but dampened for the 70 nT intensities compared to sham field controls.

So you got your 7 Hz magnetic field and then you have the milihertz magnetix flux nanotesla amplitude modulation -- perpendicular to the magnetic field.
edit on 19-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Intensity www.pemf.com/en/intensity.html Field Intensity (also known as amplitude or flux density)

So you could say it's redundant aka synonymous in a magnetic field -- I could have written amplitude intensity flux density. It's not nonsensical. It's the same thing.

To most people who read English, a construct like "amplitude intensity" means "the intensity of the amplitude". It's not just redundant, it's nonsense. In application to magnetic filed, the intensity can indeed be the same as strength, which can be measured as amplitude. So there, "the strength of the strength" just sounds plain idiotic.

The determinants of field intensity (amplitude) are the magnetic coil length (meters)

Thanks for proving my point.

Oh so Amplitude Intensity is not o.k. yet Amplitude Intensity Modulation is o.k. haha. If you can modulate amplitude intensity then you can write amplitude intensity. So amplitude intensity is sensical.

In many dictionaries, like this one, or in that onethis term is deprecated. Somehow I'm not surprised.

What about six magnetometers with nanoTesla sensitivity or the nanoteslas of the magnetometers.

What do you mean "or"? NanoTesla sensitivity is all right, I suppose, but "nanoteslas of the magnetometers"? Bleh. Volts of the voltmeters.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join