It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
While it is certainly true that there is no physics relationship between sound frequencies and the frequency fundamentals and harmonics being talked about in the Schumann electromagnetic resonances, there is however a physical relationship... that is we can easily convert one to the other. We convert sound to electromagnetic frequencies by merely using a dynamic microphone. A dynamic microphone uses sound pressure on a diaphragm that vibrates a copper coil over a permanent magnet, producing magnetic induction which produces an electrical signal.

Conversely, a loudspeaker actually creates both sound frequencies AND electromagnetic frequencies. The electrical signal is put into a movable copper coil that is around a magnet core. The coil is attached to a paper diaphragm that radiates the frequency as sound, however , the coil and magnet themselves are also producing very weak electromagnetic frequencies. In this way, you could induce electromagnet frequencies into your head by placing a very large loudspeaker right next to you. You may go deaf due to the sound, but you would definitely be exposed to electromagnetic frequencies that are the same (in hertz) of the sound. Obviously, take away the sound diaphragm, and you have the type of instrument being used to study how the brain reacts to the Alpha, Theta and Beta frequencies that were talked about earlier in the post.

edit on 27-2-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

AND THAT is what I shall be doing this week end.

Thanks for the awesome idea. I have been meaning to to make a "Koren helmet" and now I can.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

AND THAT is what I shall be doing this week end. Thanks for the awesome idea. I have been meaning to to make a "Koren helmet" and now I can.

Be careful. Low power, Low frequencies. You may find the NCH tone generator, a good tool.... Use sine waves.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my electrical mind that the Government has its hands in all kinds of stuff we would deem inhumane. Mind control being one of them but definitely not limited to such.

There is also no doubt in my mind that Tesla's work was far more than his predecessors.

He was one cool dude!

Science however picks and chooses what is accepted and what is thrown in the trash bin. Its very unfortunate.

How do we control our own minds is what I want to know? How can we lift ourselves beyond the realm we know and step into other realms of the unknown? How do we become in tune with the Planets Schumman Resonances?

This stuff is soooooo exciting to me.

Thanks again OP for I feel as though you did a good job in your OP and continue to educate spot on. I for one am all ears/eyes.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Im only replying to this to save it in my ATS Page. Really good and interesting thread. I want to research this one further. I'm studying Hypno Therapy and am wondering what the link is between induced theta waves through thought and whether those waves can be induced through other methods.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I have a problem with this analogy.

It seems you have a problem with everything,
except the misleading "research" you post.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by tgidkp
with all of your foot stomping in response to phage's messages, you consistently fail to address a one certain topic that he has brought up to you in this thread and others:

*** EM waves are not the same as SOUND waves. ***

reading and re-reading the Original Post, I cannot find any suggestion that EM waves are the same as Sound waves? In fact, I can find no mention of sound waves at all! -Just as the Original Poster answered. Am I mistaken?

No, you are correct. The discussion was sidetracked aka rabbit trails, and aka as bait
and switch. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

edit on 27-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I have a problem with this analogy.

It seems you have a problem with everything,
except the misleading "research" you post.

lmao Couldn't have said it better

Im curious Phage? Im pretty sure any member of ATS that has been here for more than 6 months "knows" what you DON'T believe in but its not exactly clear what you DO believe in.

Care to elaborate on what YOU think is going on? Do you actually have any ideas of your own or are quite satisfied towing the company line and maintaining that status quo until you are instructed to change your opinion? I can assure you im am not being facetious, it is a genuine inquiry.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What the OP had written is only our minds reacting to NATURAL sources.

Neuroscience is at its infancy today.

In Germany, researchers had discovered and invented devices as interfaces/man-made to use our brains control objects.

The answer to discover how our brains truly work will be the further developement of such technological devices to unlock the secrets of our mind works - beginning with the biological internal structures of bone, muscle, blood, electrical and dna elements.

Learn how our bio system work, replicate with tech, and man will astral project or remote view the universe more precisely through the use of our electrical energy, amongst many more wonders unknown yet today....if..we...mankind...can be...responsible with such...advances....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

As the caption points out, a fractal antenna is used for cell phones. Cell phone wavelengths start at about 0.3 meters and get shorter. A very long antenna is not necessary for these frequencies.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I have seen that article. Thanks for reminding me of it. As I pointed out, "wiggling" the transmitter beam is a more effective method of producing ELF/VLF than the use of modulation. You're correct, through phasing, it does also allow the radiation to be stronger in a general direction (not a specific location). And, like any electromagnetic signal, the farther from the source, the wider the pattern and the weaker the signal. The article shows the data from two different receiving stations in Alaska; Kodiak and Juneau. Depending on the method used, the signal received (the same signal) would be stronger at one location than the other but it was still received at both (widely separated) stations. The term "steering" is not precise.

The article makes an interesting point though. It seems that at frequencies of less than about 1.8kHz, the earth-ionosphere waveguide doesn't work, too much signal is lost. The use of the waveguide requires frequencies much higher than those of the Schumann resonances.

At the longer distances, GM appears to provide a more distinct advantage, although specifically
below ~2 kHz, comparison of these schemes is complicated by the fact that the signal propagates below the EIW cutoff frequency (~1.8 kHz), and so signal levels for the three modulation schemes cannot be unequivocably distinguished from measurement error.
vlf.stanford.edu...

edit on 2/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I can find no mention of sound waves at all! -Just as the Original Poster answered. Am I mistaken?

You are mistaken.
External quotes in the OP:

Infrasound vibration (up to 20 Hz) can subliminally influence brain activity to align itself to delta, theta, alpha, or beta wave patterns, inclining an audience toward everything from alertness to passivity. Infrasound could be used tactically, as ELF-waves endure for great distances; and it could be used in conjunction with media broadcasts as well.

Further investigation led Tandy to discover that the extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz, very close to the resonant frequency of the eye given as 18 Hz by NASA.[32] This was why Tandy had seen a ghostly figure—it was an optical illusion caused by his eyeballs resonating. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the centre, thus causing a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil.[33]

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As the caption points out, a fractal antenna is used for cell phones. Cell phone wavelengths start at about 0.3 meters and get shorter. A very long antenna is not necessary for these frequencies.

Im well aware of that Phage lol.

The reason I included it in the post was because it was an example of how something even that small can be used to pic up an electrical signal. Obviously a human brain and its intricacies are far more complex and less understood than a cell phone. The fact that you would have to even point that out is humorous.

It's ok to say you dont know. You are aware of this concept right? Bare with me here. Humanity has by no means reached the apex of all understanding. In fact the things we dont know about reality let alone the universe, the seas, the human body our planet hell even consciousness is so large that it boggles the mind. Dont you want to know the answers to these and many more questions?

I understand that we need to be careful not to wander off into the land of fantasy and make believe but we also need to explore new ideas and exotic theories. Variety my dear friend is the spice of life and you need to smell the roses and lighten up a bit. We are all here for the same reason to try to understand the reality we find ourselves in.

You seemed to have sidestepped my previous question about what you believed in. Is that because its so much easier to step on someones sand castle than to make one of your own? Are you scared someone else will step on your own?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I have seen that article. Thanks for reminding me of it. As I pointed out, "wiggling" the transmitter beam is a more effective method of producing ELF/VLF than the use of modulation. You're correct, through phasing, it does also allow the radiation to be stronger in a general direction

Well then....
Lets move on shall we.

Its a fact that The Schumann Resonance has indeed a profound effect on the
human so much so that astronauts, NASA and other space agencys replicate
the resonance to stabilize the health of the astronauts.

The Human brain also has natural frequencies for electromagnetic radiation. It turns out the Earth's Schumann resonances are "in tune" with the brain's Alpha and Theta states (relaxation and deep relaxation). Neurobiology researchers O'Keefe and Nadel further showed that the hippocampus of the brain is tuned to 7.83 Hz.

Also, Michael A. Persinger on behalf of NASA found a solution for cosmonauts. The first manned space flights created considerable physiological problems for astronauts, and it was only through the installation of Schumann wave generators (7.83 Hz) that the side effects were remedied..........

both the U.S. (NASA) and Russian space program use 7.83 (Schumann generators) in the space suits and space stations to prevent serious illness.

www.pemft.net...

Yet, your rabbit trailing here that infrasound is not related to the Schumann Resonance?

reply to post by Bluesma

I can find no mention of sound waves at all! -Just as the Original Poster answered. Am I mistaken?

You are mistaken.
External quotes in the OP:

Infrasound vibration (up to 20 Hz) can subliminally influence brain activity to align itself to delta, theta, alpha, or beta wave patterns, inclining an audience toward everything from alertness to passivity. Infrasound could be used tactically, as ELF-waves endure for great distances; and it could be used in conjunction with media broadcasts as well.

How can you deny that infrasound can be used as a detriment or a weapon?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The reason I included it in the post was because it was an example of how something even that small can be used to pic up an electrical signal.
A signal with a very short wavelength can be captured by a very short antenna. A signal with a very long wavelength, not so much. That is the basic physics of the situation. While there is plenty that is not known about the way some things work, radio is not one of them.

You seemed to have sidestepped my previous question about what you believed in. Is that because its so much easier to step on someones sand castle than to make one of your own? Are you scared someone else will step on your own?

No.
The topic here involves established scientific principles. The OP and others have made claims which are contrary to those principles. I have been addressing those points. I have not been addressing anyone's beliefs. If someone bases their beliefs on faulty understanding or rejects established principles which don't support their beliefs, it's their choice. It seems to me that my belief has been made quite clear. I believe it is nonsense that HAARP can be used as a mind control device. I believe that your comparison of the pineal gland to a crystal radio is weak.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Can you show any documentation from NASA that such generators are installed? I can't. All I can find is pretty much word for word repetition of that quote with no substantiation.

How can you deny that infrasound can be also used as a military weapon?
Where did I do so?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The topic here involves established scientific principles.

Well speaking of scientific principles:

The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists lists that the Pentagon
has infrasound categorized as a military weapon.
Google Books

More information on infrasound as used by the MIC.

scienceandglobalsecurity.org...
www.fas.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Can you show any documentation from NASA that such generators are installed? I can't. All I can find is pretty much word for word repetition of that quote with no substantiation.

I did provide a source. You dont like that one?

NASA has other research related to the Schumann Resonance too.

2003: NASA discovers a 10 Hz field for 17 - 21 days turned gene sequences (over 300 individual genes) for maturation -OFF- and for developmental -ON-. and a Four fold increase in rate of neural tissue regeneration.

ston.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Poor choice of sources.

Concerning the first area, it turns out that infrasound - prominent in journalistic
articles - does not have the alleged drastic effects on humans.

JASON was asked to assist the U.S. Army’s National Ground Intelligence (NGIC) in finding ways to enhance the effectiveness of infrasound monitoring. In addition, we were also tasked with determining whether infrasound monitoring was likely to provide information of value in other intelligence venues.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

New Crystal in the Pineal Gland: Characterization and Potential Role in Electromechano-Transduction

I found an interesting study done by an Israeli university on the Pineal gland and the effects of EMF.

Calcite in otoconia, microcrystals found in the inner-ear otolith, has been shown to exhibit piezoelectricity [13, 14]. These crystals have a structure similar to that of the pineal microcrystals. By that very fact the piezoelectric property of the crystals would allow them to interact with the electrical component of electromagnetic fields. A simplified formula applied to those crystals (f = v/2d) lets us think that these crystals could be sensitive to RF-EMF in the range of 500MHz to 2.5GHz depending on there size. This range contains portable wireless frequencies, GSM (872-960MHz), DCS (1710-1875MHz), UMTS (1900-1920MHz, 2010-2025MHz), or BlueTooth (2400-2483,5MHz). Piezoelectric determination of minute grain requires developing new methods based on either MEMS Precision Instruments microtweezers or direct correlation between electro-optic and piezoelectric properties in crystal with optical microscopy.

CONCLUSION AND PERSPECTIVES

We report here the presence of a new form of mineral deposits in the pineal gland. The calcite microcrystals would have piezoelectric properties with excitability in the frequency range of mobile communications. Their interaction with GSM waves could constitute a new mechanism of electromecano-transduction on the pinealocyte membrane, influencing by the fact the melatonin production. The RF-EMF electrical component interaction with the crystals could induce a morphological modification of the crystals, a vibration depending on the EMF frequency.

edit on 27-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well lets see you argue with this.
Honestly Phage, you cant even acknowledge this is the truth?

NASA and Russian Space Program both use Magnetic Resonance Stimulation.

NASA and Russia's Space program have been using magnetic resonance stimulation
since the first historic flight into space by Yuri Gagarin when it was found that
pulsating magnetic fields are an essential element of health.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) - Apr 22, 2009 -

You probably know that food, oxygen, water and sleep are necessary for human survival. But you probably didn't know that magnetic resonance stimulation is just as important as the others. Now, you might find this hard to believe, but Yuri Gagrin's historic flight into space proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the human body needs magnetic resonance stimulation as a required element of human life. Ever since that first historic flight, the Russian space program and NASA both have incorporated magnetic resonance stimulation in every spacesuit and every space station.

So just why is magnetic resonance stimulation a required element for human survival? Well it turns out that the 70 trillion cells in the human body require an outside catalyst or spark in order to catalyze the reactions that take place every second. The outside source of energy is pulsed magnetic fields or magnetic resonance stimulation. So just what is magnetic resonance stimulation? Magnetic resonance stimulation or pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy is basically just a magnetic field that changes with time. It turns out that on planet Earth we are continuously exposed to pulsating magnetic fields called the Schumann resonance frequencies (The resonance frequency of the earth).

Also, we are exposed to the earths natural magnetic field which also has a pulsed electromagnetic field which vary with time. Studies have shown that the human body needs these earth-based pulsed magnetic fields. These magnetic fields create a magnetic resonance stimulation on the cells. Like a spark plug, this stimulation catalyzes or energizes the cells as they perform their myriad reactions every second.

www.prlog.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join