It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I didn't read much beyond the beginning and having seen sonic weapons demonstrated on TV, Discovery I think, didn't expect it to turn like that. My bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

I didn't read much beyond the beginning and having seen sonic weapons demonstrated on TV, Discovery I think, didn't expect it to turn like that. My bad.

That's OK. Some of the info presented there is 100% valid. I'm just having a hard time seeing stuff that's 100% invalid.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Boy they don't like this getting out lol. Microwaves are one part of the EM spectrum and I already showed this earlier.

Sound is not a EM but is closely related. ELF can be either EM or sound. I think there is a lot more here that they don't want getting out about how they relate.

I don't like lumping ELF and microwave together. A loose rein on terminology can turn into statements like the Universe is permeated by a frequency that has no amplitude or resonance. There's nothing about similarites between sound and EM to "let out". There are also vast differences and are not interchangeable.
edit on 2-4-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: add a quote

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I think you'll like this link

The website is New World War: Sonic Weapons

The creator of the site gives his name: Mark M. Rich. He has not completed the Biography page yet. When I googled the name I see other sites of his and a posting on targetedindividualscanada.wordpress.com. I do not feel inclined to make fun of him. He may be a bona fide target.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I do not feel inclined to make fun of him. He may be a bona fide target.

And what's more, TPTB deem it necessary to hire personnel of multiple department stores to get to this target! Their deadly tactics includes misplacing bottles of deodorant spray and crew socks, so that Mark has hardest time trying to find these vital items!

In Stores

Brands of items are no longer available in stores after I develop a liking for them. Also, after an item is in a particular area, it will be moved to another part of the store. Locating it is usually difficult. I’ve determined that they are probably also altering the signs on the isles to delay me.

And the latter is the smoking gun proof of the nefarious government plan... Altering the signs on the isles! Just how low can they go...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I do not feel inclined to make fun of him. He may be a bona fide target.

Target or not he seems certifiable. Sad either way.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Target or not he seems certifiable.

He's written a book The Hidden Evil copyright January 2009 which was reviewed by Nexus Magazine, quoted on Rich's website richessence.com:

Nexus Magazine
January-February 2009
Vol. 16, No. 1
Reviews-Books, Page 75
The Hidden Evil by Mark M. Rich
LuLu Enterprises, NC, USA, 2008
ISBN 978-1-4357-5010-4 (316pp tpb)
Available: TheHiddenEvil.com

For the supranational shadow government to implement its agenda for world dictatorship, it has to co-opt local informants to terrorize individuals who thwart its plans. Mark Rich, a target himself, explains how this agenda has been ramped up in the post-9/11 terrorism-focused global society, but he provides extensive historical context as well as commentary from well-known researchers to support his argument.

Rich sets the scene with reference to the elite groups near the top of the control pyramid, e.g., transnationals, the private Federal Reserve, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergers, and tax-exempt foundations with links to the Rothschilds and Rockefellers.

He then examines how these groups have had their way, e.g., deliberately creating the Great Depression, funding Nazis, and rewriting history via their compliant allies in the media and academia. In the second section, Rich homes in on the structure, tactics, and purpose of this "hidden evil" and how informants are co-opted to serve it.

As well as sophisticated mind-control and "non-lethal" technology being used, more basic techniques such as stalking, mobbing, brighting, blacklisting, character assassination and noise campaigns are employed to destabalise and alienate the targeted victim. These methods worked for the Stasi in East Germany, and they're part and parcel of the psychopathic, satanic New World Order controllers' bag of tricks.

Rich's alarming exposé is well researched and referenced. Citizens everywhere are urged to take note.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Boy they don't like this getting out lol. Microwaves are one part of the EM spectrum and I already showed this earlier. Here is the spectrum:

Are you serious? "they don't like this getting out"? You think this is new and somehow sinister knowledge you're just discovering?

Sound is not a EM but is closely related. ELF can be either EM or sound. I think there is a lot more here that they don't want getting out about how they relate.

Sound and radio are in no way related. One's a longitudinal wave of compression in matter, the other's a transverse wave of electric and magnetic fields. Frequency is a term that describes how often something happens per unit of time. It can describe ANYTHING with periodicity. It is an attribute, like color.

An orange colored kumquat and an orange colored jet airplane aren't mysteriously related. You can't say 'both have color, and it's the SAME color, therefore an airplane is an instance of kumquatness".

I had thought you were a bit more technically apt. Ah, well.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Frequency is a term that describes how often something happens per unit of time. It can describe ANYTHING with periodicity.

Quite. I know it can describe my wife's period. It has frequency. But it's not related to Schumann resonance or any sort of "longitudinal waves".

An orange colored kumquat and an orange colored jet airplane aren't mysteriously related. You can't say 'both have color, and it's the SAME color, therefore an airplane is an instance of kumquatness".

Don't you find it remarkable that you have perform a regression all the way to pre-K level to get your message across?

Apricot.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Quite. I know it can describe my wife's period. It has frequency. But it's not related to Schumann resonance or any sort of "longitudinal waves".

You get this a lot. I'm not sure why. The concept seems pretty clear, but there's a few arguments on ATS (and similar sites) that show that non-technical people have real difficulty with certain concepts. One of them is frequency - there's this pervasive misperception that frequency is more a proper noun "Frequencies did it" or "he was hit with a frequency". Or the slightly more abstract thing you're seeing PP doing - EM has frequency, sound has frequency therefore there is a secret relationship that conflates the two. Sort of like technical syncretism. Of course if you say dog blinks have frequency, bat wing beats have frequency, therefore they are co-equal they seem confused. Odd.

Another is that all EM frequency ranges are qualitatively co-equal instead of all being manifestations of one phenomenon that can be grossly different at different points of the spectrum. This went on FOREVER over on that megathread about the alien radio telescope hoax. A couple of hucksters were seriously trying to claim they were receiving alien transmissions in UV on a radio telescope "because they're both EM, and if you can receive one sort of EM on a radio telescope you can receive them all". And the number of people here that made sense to was appalling.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I don't like lumping ELF and microwave together.

I understand but ELF and microwave are lumped together because they are part of the EM spectrum.

A loose rein on terminology can turn into statements like the Universe is permeated by a frequency that has no amplitude or resonance.

True, but ultimately a straw man argument - hopefully unintentionally.

Because someone somewhere sometime uses something wrong is irrelevant. Some people claim grey is a color, it's not, it's a shade. Doesn't change the fact that colors exist. Putin was loose in his terms he used, but does not mean he had not been briefed on these weapons. He obviously had and was saying both Russia and the US has them. Doesn't matter if he misspoke one word, politicians do it all the time talking about complex technical issues they have been briefed on.

There's nothing about similarites between sound and EM to "let out". There are also vast differences and are not interchangeable.

I don't want to get off topic with sound but they do overlap and are easily converted and speakers produce both EM and sound. All this was covered earlier and I gave links with all the math etc.

Let's not get back down that off topic trail please. Main issue is how EM/Schumann resonances affect the brain.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
This went on FOREVER over on that megathread about the alien radio telescope hoax. A couple of hucksters were seriously trying to claim they were receiving alien transmissions in UV on a radio telescope "because they're both EM, and if you can receive one sort of EM on a radio telescope you can receive them all". And the number of people here that made sense to was appalling.

I was on that one, and I don't think too many people bought that, but I may be mistaken. Yes, it was striking that UV was mentioned at all.

Of course, I agree with you on that too many people are content to swallow nonsense like (I quote) "they use frequencies to control people".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

I don't like lumping ELF and microwave together.

I understand but ELF and microwave are lumped together because they are part of the EM spectrum.

No, they are only lumped together by people who have a lot of trouble understanding basic concepts in science.

I don't want to get off topic with sound but they do overlap and are easily converted and speakers produce both EM and sound.

Nuclear reactor produces a lot of thermal energy, but it doesn't mean that there is overlap between the structure of the nucleus and thermal phenomena.

I frankly don't understand why you are so fond of sloppy and ultimately fruitless way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm reading the book The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms (3rd Edition) by Mae-Wan Ho. I was surprised to see this statement about photons and phonons in relation to EM:

Molecular Resonance Recognition

Veljko Veljkovic, who now heads the Center for Multidisciplinary Research and Engineering, Institute of Nuclear Sciences in Belgrade, Serbia, first proposed that molecular interactions are electrical in nature, and take place over distances that are large compared with the size of molecules.5 His graduate student Irena Cosic, now Professor of Biomedical Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, later introduced the idea of dynamic electromagnetic field interactions, that molecules recognise their particular targets and vice versa by electromagnetic resonance.6 In other words, the molecules (proteins and nucleic acids) send out specific frequencies of electromagnetic waves which not only enable them to ‘see’ and ‘hear’ each other, as both photon and phonon modes exist for electromagnetic waves, but also to influence each other at a distance and become ineluctably drawn to each other if vibrating out of phase (in a complementary way).7 Molecular resonance is a relatively well-understood phenomenon in chemistry, but it also has analogy in the macroscopic world. A piano tuner strikes a tuning fork next to the piano, and the particular piano string, when correctly tuned to the same frequency, will start to sing back to the vibrating fork. Energy is going from the tuning fork to the piano string and vice versa, and in that way, the vibrations last much longer than if they were not resonating to the same frequency.

5. Veljkovic et al. (1985). 6. Cosic (1994). 7. See Ho (2007a).

~~~

Mae-Wan Ho (2008-08-06). The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms (3rd Edition) (Kindle Locations 2751-2763). World Scientific Publishing. Kindle Edition.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm reading the book The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms (3rd Edition) by Mae-Wan Ho. I was surprised to see this statement about photons and phonons in relation to EM:

I looked at the book and it's full of conjecture, dictionary hijack and at times just word soup (TM).

as living organisms are made up predominantly of dielectric, or dipolar molecules packed rather densely together, they may indeed represent special solid state systems

NB how dielectric is "lumped up" (TM) with dipolar. It's a significantly incorrect extrapolation. A lot of the brain tissue is fatty in nature, and fat is not a highly polar molecule. And an individual molecule cannot be called "dielectric", because it's clearly a macroscopic metric.

Under those conditions, metabolic pumping may result in a build-up to collective modes of vibration, rather like the laser action just described

So I see, one conjecture is piled onto another, which is patently flawed! Double whopper!

This eventually builds up into collective modes of both electromechanical oscillations (phonons) and electromagnetic radiations (photons) that extend over macroscopic distances withing the organism and perhaps also outside the organism

"Radiation" is used in plural ("radiations") which is sloppy at best, in this particular context. Also note the "perhaps" (third layer of conjecture). And of course, phonons can hardly escape the organism pretty much by definition.

The "radiations" are also used in a different place in the book in an awkward and technically incorrect manner.

I don't see any numbers attached to these three layers of pretty baseless speculation, so it's impossible to check if the photons would even propagate any distance at all, given that there is plenty of water in living tissue, and the water is an electrolyte.

I also note the extremely gratuitous use of "space-time" throughout the book, with it being plugged into almost any aspect of presentation with the exception of its actual accepted meaning in physics.

edit on 3-4-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The full passage you quoted:

British solid-state physicist Herbert Fröhlich pointed out that, as living organisms are made up predominantly of dielectric, or dipolar molecules packed rather densely together, they may indeed represent special solid-state systems where electric and viscoelastic forces constantly interact. Under those conditions, energy from metabolism could ‘pump’ up the system, resulting in collective modes of vibration,5 rather like the laser action just described. Specifically, energies arising from metabolism can be retained or stored in the system by the excitation of giant dipolar molecules such as proteins and nucleic acids, up to cellular membranes that typically have an enormous electrical field of some 107 V/m across them. The excited molecules and membranes vibrate at various characteristic frequencies involving coupled electrical displacement and mechanical deformation. This eventually builds up into collective modes of both electromechanical oscillations (phonons, or sound waves) and electromagnetic radiations (photons) that extend over macroscopic distances within the organism and perhaps also outside the organism. The emission of electromagnetic radiation from coherent lattice vibrations in a solid-state semi-conductor has been experimentally demonstrated.6

5. Fröhlich (1968, 1980). There has been a lot of debate as to whether the ‘Fröhlich state’ is realisable in practice in living systems. It is thus of great interest that theoretical physicist Duffield (1988) has recently proved that under the most general conditions of energy pumping, the Fröhlich state is globally, asymptotically stable. That means systems will tend to evolve towards that state, and more over, stay in that state and return to it on being perturbed. See also Wu (1994).
6. Dekorsy et al. (1995).

Mae-Wan Ho (2008-08-06). The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms (3rd Edition) (Kindle Locations 2682-2687). World Scientific Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Regarding the author, from the book The Spiritual Life of Water: Its Power and Purpose:

Holistic Challenge to Reductionist Thinking

Mae-Wan Ho, who has a world reputation in the new science of the organism, resigned from the Open University in protest at its increasing dependence on corporate funding for biological research (especially in genetics). Recognizing the need for transparency and open debate on public issues, in 1999 she and her husband founded the Institute of Science in Society, which publishes a bimonthly magazine. Ho is a genuine polymath and an outspoken and tireless campaigner who challenges the mainstream mechanistic and reductionist scientific worldview (see Links and Resources).

~~~~~

Bartholomew, Alick (2011-01-14). The Spiritual Life of Water: Its Power and Purpose (p. 160). Inner Traditions Bear & Company. Kindle Edition.

Thank you, God, for the independent thinkers of this world!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thank you, God, for the independent thinkers of this world!!

I second that statement! Speaking of free thinkers.... i wanted to ask you if you have looked into the work of Dr. Viola Neal? I have been looking for her rare book called, Through the Curtain and I either pay 300 dollars for it or find a local used book dealer who has it but is clueless to the worth of it.

If you haven't heard of her I would LOVE for you to look into her theories and studies along with the other author (from the book mentioned) Shafica Karagulla.

These two ladies were well educated, well respected and they studied the brain and energy....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I see there's a hardbound on Amazon for $162. I wish there were a "Look-Inside" for it; I love that feature!

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can learn about their work.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I didn't even click on it for further details... cool...but still that is too much for me to pay right now....if worse comes to worse I will buy it though. lol

Please do look into their work...pretty neat stuff especially considering they were both born in the early 1900's. Well educated (most prestigious award in Britain at the time) women and cannot wait to get my hands on this book. There are some links out on the web but nothing like I hoped for. Some believe their deaths or at least one of their deaths was not accidental. Thats a conspiracy for ya.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Link

The Institute of Science in Society purports to be about promoting a socially responsible approach to science. It combines some reasonable stuff about global warming with a lot of utter rubbish about homeopathy (mainly written by the Institute’s director, Dr Mae-Wan Ho).

(This item has been transferred from the old IMPROBABLE SCIENCE page.)

I just stumbled across this organisation. At first sight, its theme of “science, society and sustainability” sounded right up my street. It seems to be predominantly an anti-GM, pro-organic farming, organisation. Although some of their contributors seem to be somewhat paranoid, there is much that I can agree with in what they say about that.

But they completely ruin their case by including quite barmy homilies about homeopathy (and here), water structure and traditional chinese medicine. There is also an amazing piece of sheer pseudo-scientific nonsense, “Homeopathic Medicine is Nanopharmacology” by Dana Ullman (though elsewhere on the site, nanotechnology gets a bad press).

Most of the nutty content seems to be written by the director of the Institute herself. Dr Mae-Wan Ho, who is listed as “Reader in Biology at the Open University” (that’s odd -no trace of her on the Open University web site). In fact some doubts have been cast on her biography. Wikipedia says “She is former head of the Bio-Electrodynamics laboratory at the Open University in Milton Keynes after either having been fired for incompetence or resigning because of personal reasons.” Whatever the truth in that may be, she clearly doesn’t understand homeopathy.

The board of directors of the Institute includes Zac Goldsmith (editor of The Ecologist) and it is advised by some apparently respectable scientists.

It is sad that an organisation with a respectable sounding title like the Institute of Science in Society is being used to propagate some pure pseudo-scientific gobblydegook. Is it any wonder that journalists and the general public get confused?[/ex[

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join