It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
"Tesla's Scalar Fields Still Beaming On!"

From the above (the link included is a 43 page .pdf download):

Even NASA is paying attention to scalar waves to some degree. The paper titled, "Advanced Energetics for Aeronautical Applications: Volume II" by David S. Alexander offers a review of scalar wave (longitudinal wave) research. It mentions the work of Konstantine Meyl and others in the field. Interestingly, the paper also discusses how Dr. James Clerk Maxwell's original equations specifically allowed for scalar or longitudinal waves. Only many years later did short sighted scientists who did not care to deal with Maxwell's complex equations based in "quaternions" mathematics arbitrarily discard longitudinal waves. Due to this, many mainstream scientists doubt their existence despite their history and the mountain of evidence which proves they are very, very real.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by pianopraze
Sounds just like hemi-sync.... and hemi-sync works

Except hemi-sync's sound, and the mixing takes place in your pons, IIRC, at least that's the theory. Radio is a different thing, mang.

However, it's sort of the same idea. Sort of. You do it in several places in radios, either literally or figuratively.

In each case, a multiplication operation is involved. You can do that with the E-I curve of a diode or transistor junction, if it's biased correctly. Or you can do it with an analog multiplier, or you can digitize everything and do it symbolically by actually doing a multiply-accumulate operation. There's a trick you can use to do it magnetically in some core materials with the right b-h curves but no one does, and a tube'll do a great job if set up for it.

The reason in each case is that some analog or digital function performs a multiplication of some sort, because that's how the trick works.

edit to add:

apparently I misremembered - the mixing takes place in the brainstem in the olivary nucleus, which sorts out phase differences between the ears for the purpose of deriving location of sound. Apparently the thing performs a symbolic multiplication because the perceptions follow the equations for mixing sine waves with a multiplier. Go figure.

second edit: However, it's not useful for the purposes of the patent because it only mixes audio info from your cochlea, which functions like a little Fourier analyzer. It doesn't leave your ear as sound - the signals from your ear are parsed out as amplitude, frequency and phase data by the mechanical properties of your ear and the hair cells of the cochlea. So the olivary nucleus mixer function is working on little individual neuron pulses that say "freq = 938 hz, phase difference 30 degrees, intensity 40" and whatnot, and not an analog audio signal. It also poops out at about 1kHz, because you can't detect phase differences in sound above that, there wasn't any need to evolve it.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Not necessarily.

I will again reference this air force patent.. and a private persons patent which allows from beaming sound into a persons head via EM waves:
US patent 4,877,027

Sound is induced in the head of a person by radiating the head with microwaves in the range of 100 megahertz to 10,000 megahertz that are modulated with a particular waveform. The waveform consists of frequency modulated bursts. Each burst is made up of ten to twenty uniformly spaced pulses grouped tightly together. The burst width is between 500 nanoseconds and 100 microseconds. The pulse width is in the range of 10 nanoseconds to 1 microsecond. The bursts are frequency modulated by the audio input to create the sensation of hearing in the person whose head is irradiated.

US patent 6,587,729

Ordinarily an acoustic signal A reaches the outer ear E of the head H and traverses first to the inner ear I and then to the acoustic receptors of the brain B. A modulated RF signal, however, enters a demodulator D, which is illustratively provided by the mass M of the brain, and is approximated, as shown in FIG. 2, by a sphere S of radius r in the head H. The radius r of the sphere S is about 7 cm to make the sphere S equivalent to about the volume of the brain B. It will be appreciated that where the demodulator D, which can be an external component, is not employed with the acoustic receptors of the brain B, it can have other forms.

These patents work. They are using EM to create altered patterns in the brain that people translate as sound.

The principle is similar. I think you are too quickly assuming things can't work.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

US patent 4,877,027

I see "Puharich et al." under "References Cited, U.S. Patent Documents."

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I'm thoroughly surprised that patent wasn't destroyed by the government.

Either it doesn't work, or they goofed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I'm thoroughly surprised that patent wasn't destroyed by the government.

Either it doesn't work, or they goofed.

Did you read the patent?

I have not been able to experiment to determine how my microwave system works, but from my interpretation of prior work done in this field I believe that the process is as follows. Any group of bursts related to the audio ek 28 of FIG. 2 causes an increasing ultrasonic build up within the head of a human being starting with a low level for the first bursts pulses and building up to a high level with the last bursts pulses of a group. This buildup, I believe, causes the direct discharge of random brain neurons. These discharges at audio frequency create a perception of sound. This process, I believe, bypasses the normal hearing organs and can create sound in a person who is nerve-dead deaf. However, this theory of operation is only my guess and may prove to be in error in the future.

Translation: I believe, my invention is a bunch of baloney, I believe, and a wild guess, I believe.

edit on 27-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure the patents work as described but the effect has nothing to do with creating "altered patterns in the brain"

It has been demonstrated that "RF hearing" originates in the cochlea.
It's a thermal effect, caused by microwaves heating tissue in the hearing system.

The weight of evidence of the results of human, animal, and modeling studies supports the thermoelastic expansion theory as the explanation for the RF hearing phenomenon. RF induced sounds involve the perception via bone conduction of thermally generated sound transients, that is, audible sounds are produced by rapid thermal expansion resulting from a calculated temperature rise of only 5×10−6 °C in tissue at the threshold level due to absorption of the energy in the RF pulse.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Heat would not cause the vibrations necessary to create sound within such a small organ...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Besides the fact that there have been numerous (numerous!) studies that say you are wrong do you understand that sound is vibration? Do you understand how your ear works?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Funny I arrived to the same number for the temperature differential, looking at some numbers like thermal expansion of water and displacement of eardrum at low sound volume etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Um... no.

This invention relates to a hearing system for human beings in which high frequency electromagnetic energy is projected through the air to the head of a human being and the electromagnetic energy is modulated to create signals that can be discerned by the human being regardless of the hearing ability of the person.

These microwaves penetrate the brain enough so that the electrical activity inside of the brain produces the sensation of sound.

A modulated RF signal, however, enters a demodulator D... It will be appreciated that where the demodulator D is not employed with the acoustic receptors of the brain

nice to see your up to your normal tricks though

ETA... hmmm found something on the second patent... it might be as you say. First one is not though. Will type in the info from the second patent momentarily. I am still puzzled by that quote above from the second patent, it might be possible they have two ways of doing it, the first creating pressure waves, the second by passing the ear.

When the expansion and contraction take place in the head of an animal, the acoustic signal is passed by conduction to the inner ear where it is further processed as if it were an acoustic signal from the outer ear.

But the first one does not use the ear at all.. so regardless it is possible.

edit on 27-3-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I have not been able to experiment to determine how my microwave system works, but from my interpretation of prior work done in this field I believe that the process is as follows.

source

The grantee has no idea how it works. His "interpretation" of prior work is completely wrong as can be seen within the prior work such as that which I posted.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I have not been able to experiment to determine how my microwave system works, but from my interpretation of prior work done in this field I believe that the process is as follows.

source

The grantee has no idea how it works. His "interpretation" of prior work is completely wrong as can be seen within the prior work such as that which I posted.

um...

my interpretation of prior work done in this field I believe that the process is as follows

ignore much?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I didn't ignore anything. I included that statement in my external quote.
I also said his interpretation was wrong.

Here's what your "air force" patent says:

The RF Hearing Effect is explained and analyzed as a thermal to acoustic demodulating process. Energy absorption in a medium, such as the head, causes mechanical expansion and contraction, and thus an acoustic signal.

source

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I conceded that they are using the inner ear on the second patent, don't know if you caught the edit on my post.

Regardless my statement still stands. They have ways of directly influencing the brain with EM energy.

They can send the EM radiation and affect the brain, and are even you going to deny they can use EM to change states of consciousness?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You are once again confusing a magnetic field with electromagnetic radiation.

It wouldn't surprise me that a magnetic field could influence brain activity (the studies are a bit vague about exactly what those influences represent) but I wouldn't go so far as to say it would result in a "change of consciousness".

edit on 3/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Regardless my statement still stands. They have ways of directly influencing the brain with EM energy.

This is a stupendously overreaching statement. The RF hearing is well, hearing. When you listen to music or to a newscast, it's fair to say that your brain is affected, but as to "directly influencing"... Puh-leeze...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Not necessarily.

Not necessarily what? Yes, necessarily, you don't get frequency mixing without something that'll multiply the two (or three, in this case).

I will again reference this air force patent.. and a private persons patent which allows from beaming sound into a persons head via EM waves:

That's totally different. That's a bone stock Frey effect patent. It doesn't mix two signals mystically in someone's head.

These patents work. They are using EM to create altered patterns in the brain that people translate as sound.

The principle is similar. I think you are too quickly assuming things can't work.

It's not similar at all. One patent is claiming that they can mix three frequencies, two of which are RF and one of which is a group phenomenon in the brain at an extremely low amplitude, by simply having all the signals occupy a volume, ain't happening. That's leaving out all the other issues, of which there are several.

The other one is yet another Frey effect patent, of which there are several, it's a thermoacoustic effect of cochlear heating.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

US Patent

Assignee: Dorne & Margolin Inc. (Bohemia, NY)

Regarding this corporation:

From janes.com:

Dorne & Margolin Inc (United States), Space industry - Major sub-contractors

If this patent doesn't work, why would it be assigned to a major space-industry sub-contractor? They don't know what they're doing?
edit on 03/28/12 by Mary Rose because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I googled "patent 3,951,134 used on the Iraqis?" and it brought up the blog article "United States Patent 3,951,134, Malech April 20, 1976 --Apparatus And Method For Remotely Monitoring And Altering Brain Waves" by James F. Marino.

Here is an excerpt from this blogger's Complete Profile:

Through Wireless fMRI & (EEG)- Computer To Brain interfacing via NSA artificial intelligence computers, NSA has remotely accessed this author's brainwaves for decades. NSA sees what I see through my eyes by electronically intercepting & decoding images stored within the visual cortex region of my brain. As such, without my consent NSA has used me to spy on others. The NSA's Signals Intelligence EMF Scanning Network can be used to remotely access the unique set of bioelectric resonance/entrainment frequencies of any American citizen's brain, as the result of a national brain fingerprinting program secretly implemented in 1981, under Executive Order 12333 - Google: John St. Clair Akwei VS NSA

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Google: John St. Clair Akwei VS NSA

John St Clair Akwei
vs
National Security Agency
Ft George G. Meade, MD, USA
(Civil Action 92-0449)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>