It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
If it were longitudinal, I shouldn't be able to polarize it.

Maybe this quote applies to what you're saying:

Originally posted by Mary Rose

From pesn .com is Hank Mills' useful summary of the video:

* Eric Dollard states the sun does not transmit any transverse electromagnetic energy.

* When the longitudinal waves hit surfaces it converts the longitudinal waves to transverse waves.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Also:

On cheniere.org is a link to a 62 page .pdf download

Page 6:

To explain longitudinal EM waves in the vacuum, and also to explain their detection as transverse waves in a receiving conductor [25], one merely points out the known severe longitudinal flow restraint on the Drude electrons in a conductor. . . .

The reference to [25] is:

P. Drude, Ann. Physik, Vol. 1, p. 566; Vol. 3, 1900, p. 370, 869.

Page 7:

Those measured waves in our measuring instruments really are transverse EM force field effect waves in and of the interacting Drude electron material medium in the conductors of the intercepting instrument. But the causative interacting EM field entities in the vacuum are themselves force-free longitudinal EM wave disturbances of the curvature of spacetime (general relativity view) and of the local VPF [virtual particle flux] of the vacuum (particle physics view).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mary, I have noticed that you do not bother explaining what in the # your quotes are talking about. All I'm seeing is jargon that may as well be Greek for all I can understand it.

Could you please convert your information into layman's terms? Otherwise, I'll be here for two days just translating the technical aspect of your quotes.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If it were longitudinal, I shouldn't be able to polarize it.

* Eric Dollard states the sun does not transmit any transverse electromagnetic energy.

* When the longitudinal waves hit surfaces it converts the longitudinal waves to transverse waves.

I'm afraid that the quote from this cretin, Eric Dollard, does not answer Bedlam's question. In fact, Bedlam mentioned more than once how antenna technology depends on EM waves being transversely polarized. I did some lab work with UHF and also dabbled in amateur radio, and it's plain to see. Now, in case of antenna, there is no surface of any sort because it's in many cases a segment (or segments) of wire with cross section much smaller than the wavelength of the EM radiation being detected. It's effectively 1D. So even leaving aside the strange semantics (and in fact poor English) of

When the longitudinal waves hit surfaces it converts the longitudinal waves to transverse waves

it's not even applicable to observations Bedlam was talking about.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Methinks you are a bit lazy.

You want to be spoon-fed.

I've noticed from another thread that you seem to have the attitude that the mainstream highly paid scientists educated in mainstream universities that you pay attention to must be right and pioneers who dare to challenge them must be wrong. So when you see credible material disagreeing with the mainstream you're thinking what's going on here? I don't get it. Could I be trusting the wrong sources? Who's right and who's wrong?

You will have to translate the experts' writings I quote into your own layman's terms by perhaps looking words up in the dictionary or googling them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Methinks you are a bit lazy.

You want to be spoon-fed.

Well this attitude, while not nice, could be expressed by someone who actually has knowledge, like Bedlam. In fact, he's spoon-feeding you on daily basis, and you don't seem to mind. At the same time you admit that you "can't put physics in own words", which seems to indicate you don't understand the scraps of text you keep posting here with volume and intensity of a spam haus. So your "spoon fed" innuendo is a bit too rich (need I say hypocritical).

edit on 26-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
From Bearden's "Yakuza stole my homework" manuscript:

To explain longitudinal EM waves in the vacuum, and also to explain their detection as transverse waves in a receiving conductor [ ], one merely points out the known severe longitudinal flow restraint on the Drude electrons in a conductor. While the electrons in the Drude gas may individually move at greater velocity, their net flow longitudinally down the conductor is the drift velocity [ ] and it is usually on the order of a few centimeters per second in a typical bench circuit with small voltages and currents [ ]. The electron longitudinal velocity down the conductor is very much less than the speed of the field or potential down the wire. Hence there exists a very effective gyroscopic restraint of the electron’s spinning gyro axes in the longitudinal or “current flow” direction.
The Drude electrons  due to their continuous spin  act as gyros with longitudinally restrained axes, when the longitudinal EM force kindles (integrates) upon them from the vacuum precursor (force free) field interaction. The longitudinally restrained Drude electron occasionally slips a bit longitudinally, but it is immensely freer to move transversely. So it easily precesses laterally, and the lateral motions can be very large and/or very fast indeed. The intense lateral precession of the “Drude electron as a gyro” quite well demonstrates the longitudinal nature of the causative disturbing precursor agent, with the longitudinal impulse force strongly resisted by the longitudinal restraint force, and with most of the electron’s effect force being the resulting gyro-electron precession force at right angles.
Even for electrons in empty space, their inertia together with their spin results in a similar much larger precession at right angles to the disturbing force created upon them by the precursor force-free fields and waves.

What a bunch of nonsense. There are numerous examples of interaction of EM with matter when there is no electron gas behavior as found in the conductor. You can take two sets of polarized sunglasses and look through them while rotating one set along the longitudinal axis. The image will become dark and light in sequence.

Sometimes I forget what ridiculous tripe comes from Bearden, that was quite a refresher.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Central to understanding my outside quotes is to be aware of the difference between longitudinal and transverse waves:

. . .

* The longitudinal system is one in which the electrostatic and magnetic lines of force are directed in the same direction.

* The Hertzian system produces transverse waves in which the electrostatic and magnetic lines of force are at right angles. This produces huge losses.
. . .

* The longitudinal wave is the wave of Tesla.

* The Hertz or transverse wave is what we use today.

. . .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's probably best to consult a legible source instead of quoting somebody's gibberish.

Longitudinal Waves

Maxwell's equations lead to the prediction of electromagnetic waves in a vacuum, which are transverse (in that the electric fields and magnetic fields vary perpendicularly to the direction of propagation). However, waves can exist in plasma or confined spaces. These are called plasma waves and can be longitudinal, transverse, or a mixture of both. Plasma waves can also occur in force-free magnetic fields.

In the early development of electromagnetism there was some suggesting that longitudinal electromagnetic waves existed in a vacuum. After Heaviside's attempts to generalize Maxwell's equations, Heaviside came to the conclusion that electromagnetic waves were not to be found as longitudinal waves in "free space" or homogeneous media. But Maxwell's equations do lead to the appearance of longitudinal waves under some circumstances in either plasma waves or guided waves. Basically distinct from the "free-space" waves, such as those studied by Hertz in his UHF experiments, are Zenneck waves.The longitudinal mode of a resonant cavity is a particular standing wave pattern formed by waves confined in a cavity. The longitudinal modes correspond to the wavelengths of the wave which are reinforced by constructive interference after many reflections from the cavity's reflecting surfaces. Recently, Haifeng Wang et al. proposed a method that can generate a longitudinal electromagnetic (light) wave in free space, and this wave can propagate without divergence for a few wavelengths.

edit on 26-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
US Patent

Apparatus and method for remotely monitoring and altering brain waves

In this case, the problem is that they're claiming to heterodyne an external radio wave with a brain wave to get a product waveform.

The term “heterodyne” does not appear in the patent. Can you quote the passage that you’re referring to?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The term “heterodyne” does not appear in the patent. Can you quote the passage that you’re referring to?

Ah, I can actually access uspto from here. Ok, the first point of error is probably summed up in claim 9.

9. A process for monitoring brain wave activity of a subject comprising the steps of transmitting at least two electromagnetic energy signals of different frequencies to the brain of the subject being monitored, receiving an electromagnetic energy signal resulting from the mixing of said two signals in the brain modulated by the brain wave activity and retransmitted by the brain in response to said transmitted energy signals, and, interpreting said received signal.

The part in bold is AN error. There are several here. That's the most disabling error - said mixing won't occur due to a distinct lack of a means of multiplying the signals together. The "mixing" part, also including the "modulation" part - the type of modulation they're claiming ALSO requires something to do multiplication, and both things are actually heterodyning in a classic sense. You don't heterodyne by simply having signals co-exist in a volume, or else radio communications would be impossible.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Ah, I can actually access uspto from here. Ok, the first point of error is probably summed up in claim 9.

9. A process for monitoring brain wave activity of a subject comprising the steps of transmitting at least two electromagnetic energy signals of different frequencies to the brain of the subject being monitored, receiving an electromagnetic energy signal resulting from the mixing of said two signals in the brain modulated by the brain wave activity and retransmitted by the brain in response to said transmitted energy signals, and, interpreting said received signal.

The part in bold is AN error. There are several here. That's the most disabling error - said mixing won't occur due to a distinct lack of a means of multiplying the signals together. The "mixing" part, also including the "modulation" part - the type of modulation they're claiming ALSO requires something to do multiplication, and both things are actually heterodyning in a classic sense. You don't heterodyne by simply having signals co-exist in a volume, or else radio communications would be impossible.

Sounds just like hemi-sync.... and hemi-sync works

more information

Hemi-Sync® helps you safely alter your brain waves with multi-layered patterns of sound frequencies. When you hear these through stereo headphones or speakers, your brain responds by producing a third sound (called a binaural beat) that encourages the desired brain wave activity.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Except hemi-sync's sound, and the mixing takes place in your pons, IIRC, at least that's the theory. Radio is a different thing, mang.

However, it's sort of the same idea. Sort of. You do it in several places in radios, either literally or figuratively.

In each case, a multiplication operation is involved. You can do that with the E-I curve of a diode or transistor junction, if it's biased correctly. Or you can do it with an analog multiplier, or you can digitize everything and do it symbolically by actually doing a multiply-accumulate operation. There's a trick you can use to do it magnetically in some core materials with the right b-h curves but no one does, and a tube'll do a great job if set up for it.

The reason in each case is that some analog or digital function performs a multiplication of some sort, because that's how the trick works.

edit to add:

apparently I misremembered - the mixing takes place in the brainstem in the olivary nucleus, which sorts out phase differences between the ears for the purpose of deriving location of sound. Apparently the thing performs a symbolic multiplication because the perceptions follow the equations for mixing sine waves with a multiplier. Go figure.

second edit: However, it's not useful for the purposes of the patent because it only mixes audio info from your cochlea, which functions like a little Fourier analyzer. It doesn't leave your ear as sound - the signals from your ear are parsed out as amplitude, frequency and phase data by the mechanical properties of your ear and the hair cells of the cochlea. So the olivary nucleus mixer function is working on little individual neuron pulses that say "freq = 938 hz, phase difference 30 degrees, intensity 40" and whatnot, and not an analog audio signal. It also poops out at about 1kHz, because you can't detect phase differences in sound above that, there wasn't any need to evolve it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

it's sort of the same idea.

The fact that sound is a longitudinal wave and Tesla’s wave is longitudinal makes me think there are more pieces of the puzzle regarding this patent.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The fact that sound is a longitudinal wave and Tesla’s wave is longitudinal makes me think there are more pieces of the puzzle regarding this patent.

I googled "is sound electromagnetic" just to see what would come up.

Because of a comment that used the word "sound" in reference to longitudinal waves, this article came up: "Tesla's Scalar Fields Still Beaming On!" I think the title was probably originally "Scalar Waves" rather than "Scalar Fields," because the commenter pointed out that there are no scalar waves, only scalar fields, and that the proper term is longitudinal.

Anyway, scanning this article I see the following, under "Scalar Wave Properties," which I think could also read "Longitudinal Wave Properties." I'm thinking it may have a relevance to the patent being discussed:

7) A conventional transverse wave transmitter cannot sense if a receiver has "tuned in." However, in a scalar system the transmitter and receiver interact because they are in a state of resonance.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Is this in relation to his wireless electricity patent?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So the olivary nucleus mixer function is working on little individual neuron pulses that say "freq = 938 hz, phase difference 30 degrees, intensity 40" and whatnot, and not an analog audio signal. It also poops out at about 1kHz, because you can't detect phase differences in sound above that, there wasn't any need to evolve it.

Did you mean to say "below it" instead of "above it"? I think you did.

Related: also, it's not because of evolution, but because of you can't measure phase difference too well if the size of your receiver is comparable or smaller than the wavelength, in this case the receiver has the size of a human head, which does translate nicely into ~1kHz.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, I'm trying to make sense of the patent Piano posted in relation to remotely monitoring and altering brain waves. Bedlam says the physics is wrong. I'm saying there is alternative physics as represented by Tesla.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Two more quotes I want to emphasize:

From peswiki.com:

Eric Dollard is the only man known to be able to accurately reproduce many of Tesla's experiments with Radiant Energy and wireless transmission of power.

Here is a one hour video which demonstrates Eric Dollard's expertise. The presentation was given at a gathering of ham radio operators in 1996. "SBARC" is the Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club:

. . .

. . .

* Tesla claimed over and over again that he was not transmitting electromagnetic waves.

. . .

I think longitudinal waves (as well as the aether, subtle energies and plasma), need to be added into the scenario for what technologies may be affecting the human brain, consciousness, and behavior.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

At about 31:00 and on in the first video, some dude speaks complete nonsense like how DNA acts as an inductor, and that's how cells extract energy from "aether". Gosh, what a bunch of lunatics.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join