It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Schumann resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

In 1952 Schumann mathematically predicted that the earth had a natural electromagnetic resonance.

He should have asked Tesla, who already knew this and used it to transmit electricity wirelessly.

Why is this important?

I think Electro Magnetism explains a lot of things science is trying to deny and much of parapsychology. More important all of your mental states are Schumann resonances. The Earths electromagnetic resonances affect your states of consciousness. Governments can also use them for control and manipulation.

Here are the basic Schumann Resonances; they are variable within a range as solar and cosmic radiation but are approximately:

Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 (fundamental),[3] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[4][5] ibed wiki

Here are your brain states:

Beta waves (14 to 30 Hz),
Alpha waves (8 to 13 Hz),
Theta waves (4 to 7 Hz), and
Delta waves (1 to 3 Hz).

Alpha frequencies have been associated with meditation and relaxation.
Theta frequencies have been associated with a dreamy, creative states.

link
more reading on brain wave states

So do you think it is a coincidence the state where people feel in synch in meditation, and remote viewing occur happens to be when they are in synch with the earths primary resonance? I do not.

Also Science does not understand why our brain goes to delta state when we sleep. This is the point past dreaming where they say there is no sense of self or consciousness. It happens to correspond with the base Schuman resonance spike.

We do know that there are healing resonances and the healing resonance a cat uses is another Schuman resonance:

Scientists have demonstrated that cats produce the purr... frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz. Various investigators have shown that sound frequencies in this range can improve bone density and promote healing.

This association between the frequencies of cats' purrs and improved healing of bones and muscles may provide help for some humans. Bone density loss and muscle atrophy is a serious concern for astronauts during extended periods at zero gravity. Their musculo-skeletal systems do not experience the normal stresses of physical activity, including routine standing or sitting, which requires strength for posture control.

Perhaps cats' purring helps alleviate the dysplasia or osteoporotic conditions that are more common in their canid cousins. Although it is tempting to state that cats purr because they are happy, it is more plausible that cat purring is a means of communication and a potential source of self-healing.

scientific american

If you broadcast these EM resonances into the brain you can create all sorts of interesting states of consciousness:

Interestingly enough the government knows about these frequencies and has since the 70’s planned to implement them in psychological war operations… every wonder why all those Iraqi’s just gave up? HAARP was developed shortly after this paper was written and can beam these waves anywhere in the world:

20 Ionization of the air: An abundance of negative condensation nuclei (“air ions”) in ingested air enhances alertness and exhilaration, while an excess of positive ions enhances drowsiness and depression. Calculation of the ionic balance of a target audience’s atmospheric environment will be correspondingly useful. Again this is a naturally-occurring condition - caused by such varying agents as solar ultraviolet light, lightning, and rapidly-moving water - rather than one which most be artificially created. (Detonation of nuclear weapons, however, will alter atmospheric ionization levels.) Cf. Soyke, Fred and Edmonds, Alan, The Ion Effect. New York: E.P. Dutton, 1977. 21 Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) waves: ELF waves up to 100 Hz are once more naturally occurring, but they can also be produced artificially (such as for the Navy’s Project Sanguine for submarine communication). ELF-waves are not normally noticed by the unaided senses, yet their resonant effect upon the human body has been connected to both physiological disorders and emotional distortion. Infrasound vibration (up to 20 Hz) can subliminally influence brain activity to align itself to delta, theta, alpha, or beta wave patterns, inclining an audience toward everything from alertness to passivity. Infrasound could be used tactically, as ELF-waves endure for great distances; and it could be used in conjunction with media broadcasts as well. See Playfair, Guy L. and Hill, Scott, The Cycles of Heaven. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1978, pages 130-140.

MindWar - Col. Aquino

Maybe not ALL those claiming the government is driving them crazy are wrong?

Some research has suggested certain frequencies might even be the explanation for ghosts:

Suggested relationship to ghost sightings
Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.
The following day, Tandy was working on his fencing foil, with the handle held in a vise. Although there was nothing touching it, the blade started to vibrate wildly. Further investigation led Tandy to discover that the extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz, very close to the resonant frequency of the eye given as 18 Hz by NASA.[32] This was why Tandy had seen a ghostly figure—it was an optical illusion caused by his eyeballs resonating. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the centre, thus causing a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil.[33]
Tandy investigated this phenomenon further and wrote a paper entitled The Ghost in the Machine.[34] Tandy carried out a number of investigations at various sites believed to be haunted, including the basement of the Tourist Information Bureau next to Coventry Cathedral[35][36] and Edinburgh Castle.[37][38]

Infrasound

Tesla, the inventor of many of the modern devices on which our society runs, was convinced EM was the key to unlimited free energy, communication with other sentient beings and a lot more. He would know, he spent most of his life studying EM.

Of course on his death the US Government rushed in and seized and classified his work so top secret it has yet to be revealed. And they continue to do so with so many patents in EM.

It makes you wonder… maybe our whole view of Science is being purposefully kept in the dark, and EM has the possibility of opening whole new worlds… quite literally.

~piano

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

every wonder why all those Iraqi’s just gave up?

Iraq War

They just gave up?

What planet are you living on?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Expect me to be glued to this thread.

Isochronic tones are my daily soundtrack, vibration is what I'm looking for every day. I hope we can get together and experiment tomorrow night about listening to the same frequencies and trying to communicate. That would be awesome.

Til tomorrow, cheers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
im very interested in this stuff and how its used. i know the military has the s-quad stuff and used it during desert storm cool but scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What a fascinating thread and I'll sure be watching. I think you hit on the purpose of HAARP far closer than the idea of a super-energy ray that causes earthquakes or something. This would be far more subtle...but somehow, far worse.

I'm a fan of Ghost Hunters and it's amazing how many debunks or likely explanations they've done by simply finding standing EM fields from wiring or other normal sources which cause paranoia or a sense of anxiety in people. It seems perfectly reasonable that it could be happening in a deliberate way and over a wider area. Hmm.. Thanks for taking the time for the thread!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

every wonder why all those Iraqi’s just gave up?

They just gave up?

What planet are you living on?

One very controlled by media manipulation. You should read that whole document MindWar which suggests that our whole society be controlled by the media.

MindWar must target all participants if it is to be effective. It must not only weaken the enemy; it must strengthen the United States. It strengthens the United States by denying enemy propaganda access to our people, and by explaining and emphasizing to our people the rationale for our national interest in a specific war.
Under existing United States law, PSYOP units may not target American citizens.12 That prohibition is based upon the presumption that “propaganda” is necessarily a lie or at least a misleading half-truth, and that the government has no right to lie to the people. The Propaganda Ministry of Goebbels must not be a part of the American way of life.
Quite right, and so it must be axiomatic of MindWar that it always speaks the truth. Its power lies in its ability to focus recipients’ attention on the truth of the future as well as that of the present. MindWar thus involves the stated promise of the truth that the United States has resolved to make real if it is not already so.

The mass surrenders might have been downplayed, but it was something quite amazing. The whitehouse admitted there were technologies used.

After watching that video... you might wonder about all the uprisings as they can cause anger too...

~piano

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think the points this thread brings up are good ones. I personally believe most paranormal and psychic phenomenon is the result of EM energy, but I happen to be of the opinion that we are not merely receivers of it, but also transmitters and that Plato was essentially correct - thought-forms are real living things, more real than even we are. In other words, in my opinion, our thoughts are literally broadcast 24/7 and a lot of the ghosts and EVPs and stuff are actually recording devices picking up someone's thoughts (usually the investigator). I believe there may be a certain frequency these thoughts are best transmitted on, and that may be the Schumann Resonance. I also believe that powerful forces know this (at least part of it) and exploit it. I do not however, think EM is the end all of it - I think there is something more to it, some kind of other physical phenomenon, perhaps information?

Lots of people talk about vibrations and sound and frequencies and such, but what are these things? They are patterns. And what is a pattern but a "form" for information? In order to form a pattern two things must exist: the observable and the observer, or the measurable and the measure-er, if you will, meaning a pattern is a "thought-form". As physics clearly demonstrates, there is no pattern until it is measured. This then gets into quantum-mind theory and a bit of panpsychism.

Also, I wanted to mention that in my research I ran across the same thing you did concerning Delta Waves. I am intrigued by this for personal reasons, as I suffer from sleep apnea, sleep walking, and sleep paralysis, and sleep disorders tend to cause a disruption in Delta Wave activity during sleep. I am particularly intrigued by the fact that sleep walkers tend to have a continuous "high voltage" spike of Delta Waves, that I tend to have an unusually high amount of paranormal activity occur around me (or so I am told and recordings have shown), and because I also happen to have minor psychic abilities such as empathy and precognition. If your suggestion about the Schumann Resonance is correct, then perhaps I have an uncanny ability to tap into such merely because of my sleep disorder?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

what do you think is causes the protests in the middle east.... this tech is old hat now..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've listened to Schumann Resonances before and sometimes listen to pure frequency at different levels or music set to certain frequencies, it's not something I do as often as I should because I do notice an effect. All my life I have had a hard time meditating but one day last year I tried with frequency (I forget which now) and was actually able to.

Great thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Awesome thread my friend!!! I am very intrigued by frequencies and also magnetic therapy on the brain. I listen to 4 hz with 528 hz binaural beats everyday. I also wear a north facing magnet on the third eye location while doing so. I have had a major positive change in mood and mental health. I suffer depression w/ bi-polar disorder. Since I've started this therapy, I have sense gone off all medications and I feel great!! I have not however experimented with any other frequencies.

So I pose this question to anyone with more experience than I. What other frequencies are out there that will benefit me? I have heard of the 928 hz being for the pineal gland and helping to de-calcifiy it (is this true?). I want to get close to the other dimensions and be close to the spirits. This may not be attainable by these methods alone but I thought I'd ask.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So they use they frequencies to get people angry and do stuff they normally wouldn't ( kill /attack other people ), then they use this as an excuse to go in and fight the "enemy" ( which they really created ), and then use this same technology to then make the "enemy" depressed and not want to fight.

It's brilliant if you ask me.

Evil....Yes....but brilliant too.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you take notice of a cat when its damaged its self it will purr for hours at a time, i always thought they could heal them selves to some degree if you have any more info on this could you message me please.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
HAARP transmits high frequency radio energy to a limited region above the antenna array. It cannot "beam" the energy elsewhere.

Why are you connecting infrasound with HAARP? Infrasound is sound. HAARP does not use sound. Electromagnetic radiation is not the same as sound.

You mention electromagnetism in your title. What does electromagnetism have to do with anything in your OP? It is not the same as sound or electromagnetic radiation.

edit on 2/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.youtube.com...
seems like this vid explains a little bit about it.and they claim to have worked with the program.
edit on 26-2-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

I am not sure but I remember reading about some stanford (SRI which was key in the governments development of Remote Viewing) studying the different patterns in connection. I am having a hard time finding that paper but I remember one remote viewer was doing with some things with Delta waves that they said they had never seen before. Generally Alpha is associated with RV, but Delta definately plays an interesting role.

Here's some info I'm finding int the meantime coming out of Stanford reinforcing and expanding on my OP:

The frequencies of these waves fall into 5 ranges that are commonly studied: gamma (30-70Hz), beta (13-30Hz), alpha (8-13Hz), theta (4-8Hz), and delta (1-4Hz).5 Although any of these frequencies can occur at any electrode site, alpha waves are often recorded at posterior sites, theta waves at frontal sites, and gamma waves over sensory cortices.6 Each of these wave patterns have been correlated with various conscious phenomena through studies of sleep, attention, meditation, hypnosis, music, and other areas.

stanford university

Meditative states associated with the increased presence of delta waves seem to occur mostly in very experienced practitioners, possibly because entering a delta state and maintaining consciousness at the same time is tremendously difficult.62 One study on religious experiences, where epileptic-like electrical changes in the temporal lobes were the focus, reported that 10 seconds of delta waves in the temporal lobes of a Transcendental meditator correlated with his reports of a peak meditation experience.63 These observations in the lab setting are extremely rare and additional support for this delta-wave theory of meditative consciousness is currently lacking.

This might more directly answer some of your questions:

Another interesting finding relates to the effects of sleep deprivation on arousal and brain waves. Researchers found that during a prolonged period of REM sleep deprivation, an animal’s reticular formation and the structures to which it projects (thalamus and cortex) will begin to produce brain waves in the lower alpha-theta-delta range, often in association with strange behaviors as if the animal were hallucinating.156
In summary, the reticular formation is just the sort of brain structure capable of integrating auditory input with arousal states. What would happen if we induced very rhythmic auditory signals? Researchers at the Monroe Institute theorize that such signals will entrain the neurons of the reticular formation which will in turn send similarly entrained signals up to the cortex inducing certain frequencies of brain waves. So in theory, if a person listens to a 7 Hz pulse for long enough, the reticular formation will entrain to this frequency, inducing 7 Hz brain waves, or those in the alpha range, and produce an alpha state of consciousness.”

If you've never experienced or worked with the monroe hemi-sync i HIGHLY suggest it. This is amazing technology and was integrated into the army's remote viewing. This is the real deal. I prefer the original Monroe CD's (link) over the newer ones they re-made. Yes its expensive, but trust me if your really into meditation you will thank me. You might be able to find them other places for less.........

~piano

light reading links:

Meditation—The Controlled Psychophysical Self-Regulation Process That Works
Meditators and Non-Meditators: EEG Source Imaging During Resting
HUMAN COGNITIVE NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
Microstate analysis of alpha-event brain topography during chan meditation
Relaxation therapy, biofeedback, and behavioral medicine.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Excuse me...I bumped for later reading as this is what I am researching as well.

Thanks OP!!!!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
HAARP transmits high frequency radio energy to a limited region above the antenna array. It cannot "beam" the energy elsewhere.

Why are you connecting infrasound with HAARP? Infrasound is sound. HAARP does not use sound. Electromagnetic radiation is not the same as sound.

You mention electromagnetism in your title. What does electromagnetism have to do with anything in your OP? It is not the same as sound or electromagnetic radiation.

Confuse and obfuscate as usual I see.

If HAARP can't beem anything anywhere but up, why was it developed for communicating with submarines through ELF? Go aruge with Nature magazine:

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) has been entwined with controversy since its birth. Originally envisioned as a way to facilitate communications with nuclear-armed submarines,

Nature

I could go point by point but from all my experiences with you, your not really interesting in real dialog. I tire of your disingenuous argument techniques. My whole post revolves around Electromagnetism in multiple ways.

Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances

link

I assume you can read, so I must assume your purpose here is not strait forward as even the briefest perusal of my post and sources would be inundated with references to EM.

ETA:
Here's another patent showing a way to use HAARP to penetrate the ground: link. Sure looks like they are beaming energy somewhere....
Here is a military document describing many ways HAARP can be used for penetrating the ground, communications, submarine communications, radar, disrupting communications etc... .mil link

The HAARP transmitter radiates in a narrow frequency range of 2.8 to 10 MHz. However, using the ionosphere as an active medium, it can provide secondary radiation sources in the IR, visible, and ULF/ELF/VLF ranges. It can also develop new links in the HF/VHF/UHF ranges by rippling the electron density of the ionosphere, thereby producing controlled scatterers at these frequencies.

edit on 26-2-2012 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
Expect me to be glued to this thread.

Isochronic tones are my daily soundtrack, vibration is what I'm looking for every day. I hope we can get together and experiment tomorrow night about listening to the same frequencies and trying to communicate. That would be awesome.

Til tomorrow, cheers.

Two words: Solfeggio frequencies.

Solfeggio Frequencies

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

HAARP was not developed for communicating with submarines. One of the purposes of it is to research the generation of ELF and VLF radiation by "tickling" the ionosphere. While ELF was used for comminucations with submarines it is a very poor method of communcation, being capable of only very low bandwith. The use of satellite communications has become the preferred method. But that ELF and VLR radiation is not aimed, it radiates in all directions.

There is nothing in that patent about directing the ELF radiation in any particular direction or to any particular location. The radiation is injected into the Earth-Ionosphere waveguide where it travels around the entire planet. At a location of interest (and everywhere else) changes in the conductivity of the material underground affects the propagation of the radiation through the earth. These changes make it possible to map the location of these different materials. The use of this technique would be superior to existing techniques which rely upon natural sources of ELF (such as lightning) since it would be available on demand. The problem is, the experimentation at HAARP has shown that the production of ELF radiation by this method depends greatly on the conditions in the ionosphere above Gakona and even with ideal conditions the signal produced is very weak. It isn't useful for this purpose.
www-star.stanford.edu...

As I said, electromagnetism is not the same as electromagnetic radiation. Nor is the same as sound, infrasound or any other sort.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

this is related:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join