It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

I did not recall the nothingness as if I was in it floating around. I experienced it in the sense of the absence of anything after the fact. I was sitting there one sec, four plus minutes later I sat up as if I never was gone. It is the fact that i cannot remember anything and did not feel anything that makes me think of nothingness. Like I said I cannot explain it. other than I know it happened So hey, you could be correct. I will not know until it happens again and do not come back from it.

Oh okay. I misunderstood what you were saying then and stand corrected.

At, the same time, I don't understand why the experience would bother you so much other then being in relation to the fact that you were out and had to be revived.

What I mean is I kind of experience the same thing almost every night, for some reason for quite a few years it has been difficult for me to recall dreams when I sleep, so more often then not that is a daily experience; laying down and the next thing I know it is morning. The thing is many scientists say that you usually have dreams every night even if you don't recall them, so I may have I just don't remember them. I would say it could also be the same in this case, you may have seen something and experienced something and just don't remember.

I also do recall when I had surgery on my leg years ago, being in the operating room and the next thing I remember was being almost in a void state of darkness with what can only be described as the sound of wind around me and a very distant voice. I remember being stuck in that state for a second and even saying to myself "This is hell." and then I snapped out of it was able to open my eyes and could see and hear that it was the doctors voice that I was hearing in the distance trying to wake me. I didn't really mention it in the last post because, I didn't think it applied, because though I was in a void sort of for a split second, I could still think and I quickly realized that it was just a transition state between being knocked out for surgery and being back awake.

It does make me kind of wonder if the drug they had given you may have been part of the reason you don't remember anything, because they anesthetic they gave me put me in a state of dreamless sleep.

Anyway, wish you luck.
edit on 27-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

I'm afraid of chaos for chaos, is to me, such loosely interacting nothingness, such forever undefined reaches of never knowing, as to spin even it's very memory down the hole of the whole of oblivion.
eee-f f. F.  F.   F.       F.              F.                               F. fft.

I insist on order. 

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
Im sure that im gonna get a bunch of crap over this but...did you ever think that the reason you didn't experience any of the things others describe in their N.D.E's is because your "not religious in the least" as you put it? just curious?
edit on 26-2-2012 by lordpiney because: (no reason given)

You should go on Youtube and look up Howard Storm's videos on his death experience. He was an atheist. And he died in the hospital and had this unbelieveably long and dramatic experience which I won't detail so as not to ruin it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. But suffice to say, he's not an atheist anymore. I'm just saying, a person's belief system does not always determine what they experience.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Imagine living a life without having any way of encoding memory, it would seem from the perspective of the 'non rememberer' that life is nothingness, because it would appear instantless, however from our own perspective we know it to be different.

It could be that the place you 'entered' requires a new type of memory or even a new type of thinking which is completely incompatible to our waking state, so when re-emerging from this state you may think you cant remember any of it, but really it may be that your method of trying to remember it is not compatible with the experience you had.

edit on 1-3-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join