It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we really be barefoot and naked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It was discovered recently that most people are deficient in Vitamin D.
The way you get D is by exposure to the sun. I started thinking is it possible my clothing is becoming hazardous to my health?

What if people were supposed to spend a certain amount of time getting sun and are actually designed to be naked? A little while later I was reading an article that said barefoot is better and it got me to thinking again...naked and barefoot. Hmmmm?

What Do You Lack? Probably Vitamin D

Vitamin D promises to be the most talked-about and written-about supplement of the decade. While studies continue to refine optimal blood levels and recommended dietary amounts, the fact remains that a huge part of the population — from robust newborns to the frail elderly, and many others in between — are deficient in this essential nutrient.

Every tissue in the body, including the brain, heart, muscles and immune system, has receptors for vitamin D, meaning that this nutrient is needed at proper levels for these tissues to function well.

Most people in the modern world have lifestyles that prevent them from acquiring the levels of vitamin D that evolution intended us to have. The sun’s ultraviolet-B rays absorbed through the skin are the body’s main source of this nutrient. Early humans evolved near the equator, where sun exposure is intense year round, and minimally clothed people spent most of the day outdoors.

Running barefoot is better, researchers find

Mother Nature has outpaced science once again: the bare human foot is better for running than one cushioned by sneakers.

Could it be better for our health to be naked and barefoot much of the time?

At least it appears we need more nudity and sunshine than we are getting now!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Not to deter from your OP. I've seen my neighbor in clothes...do not want to see him naked....

There are already commercial materials that allow sunlight in. iIRC, it was about 18 years ago, there was a line of Women's swim ware introduced, that allowed you to get an all over tan through the cloth. I also remember the negative publicity due to people getting bad sunburns on sensitive skin.

Des

edit on 26-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Not to deter from your OP. I've seen my neighbor in clothes...do not want to see him naked....

There are already commercial materials that allow sunlight in. iIRC, it was about 18 years ago, there was a line of Women's swim ware introduced, that allowed you to get an all over tan through the cloth. I also remember the negative publicity due to people getting bad sunburns on sensitive skin.

Des

Actually the question is not would you like it but are we meant to be?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We are all electrical beings. I think it's comical that we happen to love wearing rubber soles on our feet. It goes along with the backwards world theme well.

I'm a fan of britches, the last thing I need to be worried about is getting my "lightsabre" caught in a car door or in the automatic doors at Walmart. Clothes may be the last thing keeping us separate from the apes.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Des

I understood your question. I answered it my way. When I felt the need to be naked in public, I used to go to the nude beach...or sunned in my private yard. I don't think the human body needs to be completely bare of clothing in order to receive an adequate dose of Vit D. Shorts and tank tops suffice. jmoho. Supplements are available, I take many.

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thats funny cause my wife and I where just discussing barefoot running today, she purchase a pair of Vibrim five fingers to try running in.

It stands to reason that humans have very special feet designed for bipedal motion, there are a ton of bones in your feet, it would make sense they where designed to be used bare foot and not cramped in a shoe.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

How terribly frightening your world must be....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Barefoot = natural flow of electromagnetic energy from Sun thru body into Earth = grounded.

Rubber soul shoes = blockage of said energy, build-up withing cells/organs, stressed systems and dysfunction within the body. (Rubber IS a great insulator against the flow of electrical energy, no?)

Conclusion: The sun's energy is supposed to pass THRU us and be absorbed as needed... not get stuck and swirl around because we are not 'grounded' to the Earth.

Disclaimer: I have no link to this information. It just makes sense to me. Don't you see the Truth in it?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
We are all electrical beings. I think it's comical that we happen to love wearing rubber soles on our feet. It goes along with the backwards world theme well.

I'm a fan of britches, the last thing I need to be worried about is getting my "lightsabre" caught in a car door or in the automatic doors at Walmart. Clothes may be the last thing keeping us separate from the apes.

I have seen apes wear clothes and so that last divide is gone.

I think it is possible we spend too much time in clothing when we were not biologically designed to.

Car doors and city streets are one thing but do you know how freeing it might be to run along an empty beach with your light sabre out of the sheath? Maybe it is a biological necessity, running naked on occasion?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Des

I understood your question. I answered it my way. When I felt the need to be naked in public, I used to go to the nude beach...or sunned in my private yard. I don't think the human body needs to be completely bare of clothing in order to receive an adequate dose of Vit D. Shorts and tank tops suffice. jmoho. Supplements are available, I take many.

Des

Well then, how novel and eccentric!

I personally think fig leaves are necessary for some of the nasty bits myself and some, perhaps you are one of these who def. should wear articles covering their nakedness - but it is clear humans are spending too much time under wraps and out of the sun where they were intended.

I am reasoning this from the fact that almost everyone is deficient in D and the best source of it is the sun on bare skin.

I personally do not go for artificial and synthetic substitutes of vitamins and whenever possible go straight to the source for the nutrient so I am spending more time at the beach instead of popping a pill.

I think that a manufactured pill for everything business is a scam and what you are getting is mostly stearate - if you are lucky. They may work like a placebo however. Science has proved the mind can be tricked quite easily.
edit on 26-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
Barefoot = natural flow of electromagnetic energy from Sun thru body into Earth = grounded.

Rubber soul shoes = blockage of said energy, build-up withing cells/organs, stressed systems and dysfunction within the body. (Rubber IS a great insulator against the flow of electrical energy, no?)

Conclusion: The sun's energy is supposed to pass THRU us and be absorbed as needed... not get stuck and swirl around because we are not 'grounded' to the Earth.

Disclaimer: I have no link to this information. It just makes sense to me. Don't you see the Truth in it?

Yes I see the truth in it. It is possible you are just playing to your audience and humoring me but either way I am with you on this. I am going to give the through and through energy and grounding thing a whole lot more thought, although I seldom wear footwear anyway. I get a pedicure and the woman wonders why my feet do not have thick callous on the pads and toes or whatever. I told her it had to be because I go barefoot quite often and she seemed to agree the shoes cause heavily callous and blistered feet.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I used to love going barefoot, and my feet used to be a lot tougher than they are now.
For Vitamin D absorption, we don't need to show a lot of skin to get our dose. I don't do sunscreen, which helps in the summer, when I'm able to expose a lot of skin, but for 9 months of the year, it's just way too cold.

I think I'd have developed the fur of a Sasquatch by now, if I was running around naked, and then I'd still have the problem of Vitamin D deficiency.

It's -20C this morning, and we don't even expect frost free until June.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

You lost me. Because I like wearing clothes?
I don't have an ounce of "fear" in my whole being, I think your imagination is writing a story no one has told.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Completely agree, I am no nudist but on occasion, going for a 3 am nude run around the block is just what I need. Aswell swimming naked, everybody must do that once in their life, so freeing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

When I first saw this thread I said to myself,great, another
woman bashing thread.Then I remembered that the saying
is keeping them (womem) barefoot and pregnant.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

You lost me. Because I like wearing clothes?
I don't have an ounce of "fear" in my whole being, I think your imagination is writing a story no one has told.

I like wearing clothing also but I went on a naked sailboat trip and became a convert. It is something you have to experience and allow yourself to accept. Maybe not for everyone...Well but actually, I think it is!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

When I first saw this thread I said to myself,great, another
woman bashing thread.Then I remembered that the saying
is keeping them (womem) barefoot and pregnant.

Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

Weirdest thing, when I was pregnant, years ago, I lived in Vancouver. Much warmer than the prairies. In March, my shoes came off, and I went barefoot (carrying shoes with me) everywhere allowable, until my son was born in October. It just felt "right".

I didn't do well in the kitchen though, I couldn't look at raw meat without getting sick. Someone else had to do the cooking for a while...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Yes I see the truth in it. It is possible you are just playing to your audience and humoring me but either way I am with you on this. I am going to give the through and through energy and grounding thing a whole lot more thought, although I seldom wear footwear anyway. I get a pedicure and the woman wonders why my feet do not have thick callous on the pads and toes or whatever. I told her it had to be because I go barefoot quite often and she seemed to agree the shoes cause heavily callous and blistered feet.

Not playin-- just sayin. I hope the audience DOES listen. You seem to already know. There is so much 'artificial' energy floating around that we have to deal with as well. DSL, Cable, Cell Towers... even if we are not using the signals, they're still present and add to the melee. Our brain and entire central nervous system communicates via electromagnetic signals. I believe this communication is more efficient and effective when we process it and/or clear it, instead of allowing it to get 'jammed' inside of us.

Anybody listening-- walk outside right now and find a patch of grass/earth (no concrete/asphalt.) Take your shoes off and step barefoot onto the Earth and feel the instant strength & calm. Sometimes I feel led to stretch my arms up and out and arch my back a little. (Yes my neighbors think I'm weird. Don't care.) It only takes moments to clear the clog. (Just like it only takes a moment to shock yourself with 'artificial' electricity.) You'll feel such a difference between shoes/no-shoes. Night or day, it still works for me. Helpful when I can't focus or get overwhelmed with a task.

I think Native Americans had the right idea with moccasins. Also, wooden shoes the dutch used to wear, etc. These are natural and would not block electrical flow. Rubber... whose idea was that anyway? Rubber and plastic=me no like.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have a minor knee issue that just rears it's ugly head when I workout. I've recently had my second baby and really wanted to work out to lose that little bit of "excess baggage". I ended up deciding on doing videos at home as my husband works away a lot and it was possible to do around the kids schedules...as a result I noticed the time I forgot put on my "workout" shoes that my knee didn't "flare up" as it normally did. I tried shoes again and had it reoccured. I no longer wear shoes when working out (though I havent gone for a jog yet
) and it hasn't happened since!

new topics

top topics

join