It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What entertainment options are there in a SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Plenty of opinions of what to do in a SHFT, everything from food stuffs to defense or offense. But one thing I have always thought of in such a situation is morale.

People playing musical instruments is obvious as is alcohol.

But what about movie nights?

Think about it. A generator powered one-eye to project whatever DVD you chose. The movies you chose will affect how people will see their personal situation.

What movie would you pick to make things better?...to send a message, so to speak. And also entertaining.

edit on 26-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The fact that Sh-t splatters isn't entertaining enough ? Tough crowd.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Look up 4:44 last day on earth....thats what i would show...Jk but really look it up...the trailer makes me emotional

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Providing you could get a generator.

There would be so much better things to do in such a scenario.

Hunting, looking for equipment.

If someone has experience, they could start a workshop thing, teach people stuff. From self defence to how to tie knots. It can be entertaining, while beneficial, than wasting a potential generator to watch a movie.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Not sure if I would be wasting fuel to power a stupid movie, who cares about entertainment seriously? You could read a book.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I keep all my mp3 players, portable console and old cell phones charged up with a wind-up dynamo usb charger.
If I don't get music, I'm afraid I'll go mad! Of course, I will always keep my guitar.

Although, I think I will be mostly busy fighting to keep my loot, killing mad drug addicts, plant veggies, keep the area safe from bad guys, build new house, repair electronics and motors and taking care of chickens. ( seed grown ^^)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Your definition of SHTF is different from my experiences.Seeing tomorrow is enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

A generator could be sun, wind or human powered...for just a hour or two of escapism entertainment.

Books are also a source. But getting your community together seems to be a good thing to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Well if you insist on a movie, I think "Red dawn" would be an apropose selection.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

I'm talking about afterwards...when a sustainable community has been established.

Security is always paramount...but there still has to entertainment of some sort. Movie night was just a idea. Matne a barn dance?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Well if you insist on a movie, I think "Red dawn" would be an apropose selection.

Good chioce in my opinion. I like the "never give up" type of movies.

They are inspiring...even if cheaply made. It's all in the message.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not going to waste generator on a movie. Instead, on movie night, it will be contest night... see who can dress the cats and dogs in the best outfits. My old.business clothes will come in handy then...

Des

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
well...I myself would like to see a gladiator type show with bankers and say wild dogs or lions...or hogs..or just random shots by the crowd..

Note to self: work on marksman skills

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I still feel, there are better solutions to gain entertainment. As i stated before, get people with experience to train others. For example. I do Muay Thai. If i were in a SHTF scenario, i could start a group and train them, it will keep them occupied, while gaining beneficial experience ins something that could save their life.
edit on 25-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

Beats watching a movie every time

edit on 26-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I go camping/backpacking often here in Colorado, one thing we always love is to bring along travelers board games, nothing like sitting around the fire playing a little yatzee or monopoly, and sharing a drink with friends.

Boars games, for the most part can also easily be recreated out of common items as well.... And if your into monopoly; after the SHTF you will even be able to use real US currancy as it will be worthless for anything else.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

This is why SHTF is not something you want to pine over like summer camp.
It isn't very entertaining.
Watching people die could be good for some of the free time but generally speaking
I think we will all be returning to charades and drawing on the cave walls.

We are an advanced race huh?

I just don't see it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'd write books. Then sell them as raw originals.

I'm sure others would love to read when there is nothing else to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What about doing a play. People could make a play based on what TPTB and how they ruined the world because of greed and what it does to people. Teach our children and entertain at the same time. Ever go to a play, now immagine that around a campfire.

The three letter word is always fun entertainment and you pro create at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
V for Vendetta, freaking love that movie and it is a good reminder of what to fight for and how to stay true to yourself. That or Shaun of the Dead to keep it light.

I think on a serious note though I would rather look at old photos I was to dumb not to transfer to good old hard copies.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The very idea that you think in a SHTF scenario you would waste time and electricity on seeing a Hollywood movie, proves that you will not be one of the ones who lives to see that day.

I'm sure after WW III when everyone is fighting over grubs and maggots to eat, most people will be just dying to spend effort watching a piece of the giant propaganda machine that led them to be eating maggots. Yep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join