It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Communication is Our Biggest Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I could write pages about this, but really it's as simple as the title. Only taking this as an aspect of current problems, if you are a person who believes there is even problems at all.

Communication is the expression of sharing an experience, and when we fail to understand one another, we are only secluding ourselves from each other. The seclusion is from the fear of the unknown, and the fear of losing grip of the foundation of your own perspective. If we were to look at the difference in ideas with an acceptance of criticism, then there would be no need for the retaliation in defense of held paradigms. That defensive mindset only shows the refusal to cooperate and teach. Stubbornness is so prevalent because being shown you are wrong can be humiliating and confuse one's own trust when learning.

When we seek to challenge what we already hold true, there can be no result but more truth.
edit on 25-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Agreed, but the people who want to communicate are few and far between. (I may be wrong about that, it's just the experience I've had.) We need not even look at the world with its wars and conflicts, look here, at ATS and find the threads dealing with serious issues. Is there shared learning and experience, or name calling and general defensiveness?

Somehow, we have learned to fear. Where are the people teaching us not to fear? Would we listen to them if they spoke? I remember one man who had as his motto, his message: "Be not afraid." He spoke to everyone who would listen. His name? Pope John Paul II. There have been other teachers, but it seems that the teachers of today are ignored or mocked.

Forgive me for this cynicism, maybe it's something I ate. Or maybe I'm seeing clearly. I'm not sure which.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
With activation of the 'terror' state there is a growing trend of national security deciding what we can talk about. With so many lies and diversions around to protect special interests, what can be discussed in an open and transparent way is diminishing. There is also a lot of wasted resources with some of the diversions in play limiting progress with what is communicated.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Everybody tries. There just are not enough words.
Maybe there are not the right words. Maybe it is neither.
Clearly people are deliberately kept from joining forces and waking up.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by juveous

Clearly people are either dishonest about what they are aware of, or doing what is necessary to discredit anything that disrupts their established belief. Waking up to me, is not falling for only what captivates you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
but we have more ways to communicate now than ever!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

What we have is more ways to find those that agree with us. We still lack the ability to communicate with those we don't agree with.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

What we have is more ways to find those that agree with us. We still lack the ability to communicate with those we don't agree with.

Some people do, but I see less and less strife between people every day. It's hardest with the people you're closest to, but I see less barbarism in the streets of the two cities I've been in over the last month than ever. In my little hometown, things are pretty calm too except for the usual. Blocking out the pessimism maybe keeps me off its frequency, but I believe we are getting somewhere as a species. Please don't try to convince me otherwise.

Love the thread, though, and your posts always seem insightful and wise to me. Surprised with the pessimistic tone of your thread though!

Smile.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by juveous

Clearly people are either dishonest about what they are aware of, or doing what is necessary to discredit anything that disrupts their established belief. Waking up to me, is not falling for only what captivates you.

Or they are honest and well meaning people who are being deliberately and deviously misled by powers greater than themselves. FOX, the FDA, the GOP, AMA, OPEC, Detroit providing misleading and inaccurate facts and information. It is dizzying and normal people cannot keep up. It you are a thief and a liar it is not my "fault" for trusting you. It is your fault for being a thief and a liar.

new topics

top topics

join