It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is arrested because his daughter drew a picture of a gun in school.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

A Kitchener father is upset that police arrested him at his children’s’ school Wednesday, hauled him down to the station and strip-searched him, all because his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun at school. “I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” Jessie Sansone, 26, said Thursday. “I was in shock. This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school.” The school principal, police and child welfare officials, however, all stand by their actions. They said they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to. “From a public safety point of view, any child drawing a picture of guns and saying there’s guns in a home would warrant some further conversation with the parents and child,” said Alison Scott, executive director of Family and Children’s Services

www.therecord.com...
Can you say police state?
I've never understood anti-gun laws. If the overwhelming majority of guns used in crimes were obtained illegally then how does outlawing handguns help stop crime?
edit on 25-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

so this is the 3rd thread today on this

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

edit on 2/28/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

new topics

join