It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven states sue over contraception mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas.
Along with some individuals and institutions as Plaintiffs.

The objections to the ObamaCare mandate continues to grow and grow and grow.

The suit was filed Feb 23rd
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF NEBRASKA

Seven state attorneys general sued the Obama administration Thursday over its order requiring some religious employers to cover birth control in their employees’ healthcare plans.

In the suit, the states argue that the White House infringed on the religious freedoms protected by the First Amendment.

“This violation of the [First] Amendment is a threat to every American, regardless of religious faith,” Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said in a news release. “We will not stand idly by while our constitutionally guaranteed liberties are discarded by an administration that has sworn to uphold them.”

link to article:
7 States and ...

link to pdf of the lawsuit:
The Case Filing

Plaintiffs,
v.
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES;
KATHLEEN SEBELIUS, in her official
capacity as the Secretary of the United States
Department of Health and Human Services;

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF
THE TREASURY; TIMOTHY F.
GEITHNER, in his official capacity as the
Secretary of the United States Department
of the Treasury;

UNITED STATES
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR; and HILDA
L. SOLIS, in her official capacity as Secretary
of the United States Department of Labor,
Defendants.

Gulp !!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

7 states out of 50? They all got the memo but only a handful will drink the kool-aide...

They can sue if they want, but I don't think any of them are going to get off the ground.

There will probably be as large or larger an outcry from WOMEN on this topic since as I understand, they were NOT included in the discussion and just within the Catholic Religion alone there are differing opinions coming from the nuns and from the Bishops.

And in the news there are the beginnings of the rumbling, women saying ..."What did he just say?" You notice how fast that guy backtracked on requiring the invasive ultrasound? He got slapped back and this will be slapped down too.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out but from where I am sitting, not an extremist either way, I think cooler heads will prevail. The extremist and the men will lose this debate or argument or referendum on heath care, B/C (or the lack of it, which is what some are pushing for) - whatever you want to call it. Sense and reason, not to mention THE WOMEN, will win on this subject which concerns them - as I think they should, determine whether these are included or not.

GULP?

You need the Heimlich Maneuver?

Sorry, don't know it.

edit on 25-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

join