It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus And The Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was messing around at 9pm EST tonight, and stepped out with my video camera. It's a Sony DCR-SX85. I wanted to see how well it would do with shooting the moon.

So I took this short video. The first strange blob you see is NOT any thing unidentified, it's Venus, zoomed in way too much with autofocus on.

The moon, you can see by having it over exposed, you can make out faintly the dark side as it has Earth Shine lighting it up. I took a frame from the video and saved it as a pic. You can see the large crater features near the terminus. Not too bad for a hand held video cam, with no tripod attached, heheheh:

I'll have to see about using a tripod next time, and some "through the scope" pictures with this camera at a later date.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
not too bad for a video cam

wife and i are spending the weekend with some friends in the shenendoah mountains [luray, va] area.

was outside a bit earlier and that lower crescent looks near identical to how it is here.

skies being what they are tonight it was somewhat breathtaking

edit on 2/25/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Holy blair witch project batman!!

Keep er steady bro..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Have to admit, venus, moon, jupiter all look stunning at the moment being so close to each other.
I was outside tonight myself with the cheap telescope checking out the moon.

Great footage you got there.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I wanted to see how well it would do with shooting the moon.

And here I was thinking it was only NASA that wanted to kill the Aliens on the moon... You are shooting at it...

WHy would you want to shoot at the moon? What has it done to you????

But seriously, thats pretty damn nice, I wish I had a cam that could take images like that, I'd be out there every single night. I could actually put my rampant insomnia to use!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Uh-oh. I hope you're on the equator because that boat moon spells doom if you're not.

Nice video regardless!
edit on 25-2-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I saw it last night here in So. Cal and it took my breath, it's so pretty. Then I went to take the trash out tonight and it was like "screaming" at me! I can see why people think "Omen!" when they something like that.

Awesome!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Uh-oh. I hope you're on the equator because that boat moon spells doom if you're not.

Nice video regardless!
edit on 25-2-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

Oh man, don't even get me started on that subject....

I've been observing and photographing the moon for many years here (at 36 degrees above the equator), and the moon is just fine, do what moons do when they are in elliptical orbits around a planet that has a 23 degree tilt to it's axis....

Sorry, but it's like people on here WANT something to be wrong......as though we don't have enough on our plate right now, you know?

Here's another shot of it, from several years ago. Not a "boat" moon, but still pretty to look at. I need to set up my scope and get some shots of Murchison crater....finally put that "Alien Factory" thing to rest.......

top topics

join