It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming House advances doomsday bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wyoming State Representatives have passed a voice vote on their HB 85.

HB 85 is an appropriation to study and come up with plans in the event of a "doomsday" scenario where The Federal Government suffers political and economic chaos and collapse.

Things being considered are the feasibility of an emergency currency and implementing its own military draft to raise a standing army.

The best one was Wyoming would see about acquiring strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier !!!

The bill must pass two more House votes before it would head to the Senate for consideration.

CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States.

House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

The task force would look at the feasibility of

Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. David Miller, R-Riverton, has said he doesn’t anticipate any major crises hitting America anytime soon. But with the national debt exceeding $15 trillion and protest movements growing around the country, Miller said Wyoming — which has a comparatively good economy and sound state finances — needs to make sure it’s protected should any unexpected emergency hit the U.S.

Wyoming

The article says other States have been toying with their own currency, but this seems to be covering more details that may be realistic.

They also have a very reasonable appropriation dollar amount for this -- only $16,000.

That alone indicates at least a minimal chance for corruption and graft !!

I wonder if the White House will sue if this bill gets stronger ?

Why would Wyoming need an aircraft carrier ??

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I live in wyoming, and I just read this today. There is most definately something they are not telling us. This is one of those captain obvious pieces of legislation.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Why would Wyoming need an aircraft carrier ??

Clearly, their idea of a doomsday scenario is rising ocean levels!

On a serious note though, maybe every state needs a contingency plan. We are all technically sovereign states; as such, they should be prepared for such an event as the loss of federal control.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well they had a Battleship in WWI.
USS Wyoming

Maybe that is how the Federal Govt can save some dough? They can make each state purchase their own battlegroup! 50 Battle Groups, ready for combat, and the States become the default command in the event the Federal Govt goes bunk.

Seriously though guys, I can assure you the State Legislators have NO inside information. They are less informed than an average ATSer, and less educated as well. This is just some guy's idea, and it has grabbed favor with his peers, which is not surprising in a state like Wyoming where there are a lot of independent people that don't want to depend on the Federal Govt for help.

Don't take this as some clue to a bigger plot, because state legislators are soccer moms, car salesmen, and retirees. They are a long, long way from "the know."

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This is certainly a true statement. My congressmen really seem way out of touch, I'm not sure what they're thinking as they go to work every day...

I have no doubt that they're not the insiders, mainly because the strings are attached somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if those strings shut that movement in Cheyenne down.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Posted earlier here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join