It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming considers 'Doomsday Bill'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And we thought we were the only crazy ones. The State of Wyoming is considering legislation that would determine what Wyoming should do in case the whole system comes down. You can read the article

here

crazy days...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Wyoming.

My favorite state in the union.

If this is an indication of the level of trust engendered from DC then why would anyone vote to keep the current regime in?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

And just in case the Bank's etc. fail, we now add several additions;

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Wyoming Bill also mentioned on this website plus ---- wait for it ----- Syrian WMD

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I can't wait to read this... i'm not new here but just relogged in after many years... but let me tell you... i'm so glad i moved here to wyoming it might be desolate but trust in the fact that it's not overrun by rednecks

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very cool! I know the State Rep. This is a real good idea and knowing that just about everyone is armed and knows how to survive here.... hunting for food, agriculture, self protection.. it all looks good in my opinion. Thanks for posting.. nothing is ever peaches and roses but thanks to Wyoming for doing something

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
cool article op thanks for posting any one else catch the part where they talk about "acquiring" strike craft and an aircraft carrier? i didnt think they had a coast..... but still good on them better to plan for the worst while hoping for the best

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The way I look at it is if you can prepare for the best then you damn well should prepare for the worst.

It's interesting how mass psychology works xD if you read he had to make sure to state he doesn't believe anything will happen, that just in case. A good reason for this is because you would be labeled a nut and it'd be considered not possible ect.

People are afraid of the idea of collapse.. It's almost like denial because how could you be so sure..

To me it's just like signing a 30 year loan for your house and not even considering the fact that life may not grant you 30 more years.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sounds like Wyoming has their heads on straight. They can see the writing on the wall.

This country is heading for a major crisis. When, not if, the federal government falls, the states have to be ready to take up the slack. I think every state should have a contingency plan.

I only hope the Feds don't try to interfere and say that Wyoming has no right to make such plans.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It will only be a crisis if that is what we perceive it to be. I happen to believe this will be humanity's finest moment.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

We are only crazy because we are of the peasant class and we shouldn’t be thinking of such things. Bye the way you need to get back to work!

The educated (Ivy League Upper Echelon) class can discuss anomalies and life outside of earth, the movie industry can shine light on life outside of earth. Government agencies can study the phenomena and document it. Hell the pope can tell us all it is okay that they exist under the pretense they even do exist. But the average layman is labeled as a miscreant and a nutter. In many cases we even have our own joining in on the labelism to indulge in the flogging. (A product of our society in my opinion.)

[Educated class does not include those of you with doctorates and PhD’s, stop thinking that right there. pun]

Or......How about.....

The rich can build bunkers and go bonkers, while the government prepares for future disasters from space, mother earth, and man and the movie industry can destroy man and the earth 1000 times over and then come out with a sequel to each. And the educated (see description above) can write books and papers on the subject, some theory some statistical based and so on. But the laymen, the peasant, the blue collar and the white collar, and the ring around the collar, who is he that thinks of such things. No you should be busy with work and living and let us deal with such things.

Oh how I could go on and on....(Personal Health, Access too good wholesome foods and water, Education)...biting tongue..........

Freedom is not only a 7 letter word, for we have just learned to spell it. One day I hope man will learn the meaning of the word....

Aesop

edit on 26-2-2012 by Aesop because: correction

edit on 26-2-2012 by Aesop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I want to know what the heck they think they are going to do with an aircraft carrier.And who's garage they will park it in? A draft, an alternate currency. I thought that's what National Guard and FEMA was for..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea until I read they are putting their federal Homeland security director on the board. What the hell is wrong with people. Why do people not get that HS is not a good thing and has no business in the states....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Maybe the reported got confused and meant an aircraft transport. I think it is very interesting that Wyoming would introduce this bill. It is nice to see elected officials actually care about their citizens rather then lord over them. My state has spent two weeks discussing what to declare as the official state amphibian.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
surely this is a sign that something big is going to happen, i don't like to speculate usually but i think the dollar will collapse at some point. the implications of this are uncertain, i've heard all sorts of talk of the amero, and the north american union, could this really happen? either way this bill is preparation for something what though will remain to be seen, just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The task force would look at the feasibility of
Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

Read more: trib.com... nVPJwefG

This is to funny an aircraft carrier for the state of Wyoming , I did not realize they had lakes that big

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Every state should do that.

Considering the insanity of Washington DC, a collapse is coming.

Them thinking about an aircraft carrier is a little too much however...

The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. David Miller, R-Riverton, has said he doesn’t anticipate any major crises hitting America anytime soon.

If he really believes that, he's a moron. I think he only said that for political cover otherwise he wouldn't have brought forward the bill...

University of Wyoming political science professor Jim King said the potential for a complete unraveling of the U.S. government and economy is “astronomically remote” in the foreseeable future.

Oh really? Guess what pal, the US is in worst shape than Greece... when it comes down, it's gonna be way worse because of several factors.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
The task force would look at the feasibility of
Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

Read more: trib.com... nVPJwefG

This is to funny an aircraft carrier for the state of Wyoming , I did not realize they had lakes that big

Maybe they are expecting a flood

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

First silver currency,then open carry of a firearm, now a doomsday bill? If it passes I'm so moving to this great state!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wyogirl11

amen sister! and when the shtf we will have absolutely no problem building a militia. lets see... there's at least 3 guns per man woman and child in households in Wyoming. and we know how to shoot em too!

edit on 26-2-2012 by bowski3502 because: oops

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I live in wyoming and I spoke with Amy Edmonds, another congress woman who also signed onto it, she is a member of a forum that I moderate on facebook and this is what she had to say:

"This poor bill has taken such a beating. When I signed onto it, the sponsor - Rep. David Miller was attempting to have Wyoming do disaster preparedness ourselves, internally. He originally did not have the Gov in the bill at all, but that was amended in by Rep. Pete Illoway in committee. I had never heard of most of the stuff you are all posted above, nor I suspect had David Miller. The aircraft carrier was amended in by Rep. Kermit Brown really in a mean-spirited attempt to embarrass David. There are many who do not want Wyoming to make plans, but rather to defer to Homeland security and other federal agencies to do it for us. This had no nefarious purpose at the beginning, but at this point the poor bill has turned into a disaster." -Amy Edmonds

new topics

top topics

join