It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists rampage British WWII cemetery in Libya

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
between these radical islamists and the WBC, im just going to say no religion is good religion.

It is said that man will never be a true intelligent species until it disregards religion. I believe this to be true.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Who the hell do you think you are to assume I condone urination on corpses?

All you have proven is that you assume to much.

Well in his defence, you did say you wanted to nuke people, which is an extremist view by the way. Don't you see that's how terrorists think like? Do you want to be like them?

So after that comment I can see why he would start to assume things

Well gee, being happy little campers has got us all how far exactly?

We need to grow some balls and burn a few more and send a message to these savages that we are not their bitch.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So we help to destabilize Arab Regimes, then we reap the whirlwind when British Commonwealth Gravestones and Monuments are Vandalized. Bring back Gaddafi? Opps we can't, I forgot, we helped kill him! Maybe the old addage "better the devil we know", should teach us not to stick our nose into Arab affairs. They are generally ungrateful what ever you do. Let them fight each other if that's what they really want? F@@k em all to hell.

Stephen.
edit on 26-2-2012 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I humbly revoke my statement, sir. My apologies. Haha. T'was I, the ignoramus.

I do, however, stand by my statement about religion as a whole. We, as a species, have committed repulsive acts in the name of a god over the span of recorded history.
edit on 26-2-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
reply to post by guohua

Believe me when I say, I'm Not Religious At All,,,,, My wife is a Buddhist and Can Not Understand Any Of This Killing Because Of A Book,,,, Peace is in your Heart, Mind and Soul,, Your Thoughts,,, Not Paper and Ink.

I only wanted to say Apology Accepted, No Problem.
I really Wish We'd Just Pull Out and Leave Them To Their Own Demise. Bring Our Service Women and Men Home, Guard Our Southern Borders.

Sorry Off Topic.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Who the hell do you think you are to assume I condone urination on corpses?

All you have proven is that you assume to much.

Well, by your comment you mentioned it had nothing to do with what i was writing about.
I was stating cause & effect, meaning that both sides actions are as bad as another. The reason why this memorial site was destroyed is because of the actions of western forces.

For example when the american's disrespect fallen ones, it seems to be fine, no-one cares.
But when it happens to them, ie; destruction of a memorial site, its an outrage.

It's also not necessarily just america, my country (UK) is just as bad.

I don't assume anyone condones urination on corpses. There will always be people who find it funny but i wasn't stating you agree with it, forgive me if i came across in that way.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

For example when the american's disrespect fallen ones, it seems to be fine, no-one cares.

Yes, they cared:

"The law of war has long made this a war crime in all circumstances during all types of conflicts - and we prosecuted people after World War II for situations like this," Newton said.

www.usatoday.com...

You do understand Combat is stressful and these are young men and women fighting and dying.

Try it some time, I did two tours in Vietnam, MOS 11B ( infantry ) Stressful, Scary and I Still Have Night Mares as Most Vets Do.
Try putting your hands on your best friends shoulder after a fire-fight to yell in his ear to tell him something because your ears are ringing so bad you can't hear yourself talk and his head is gone, and your getting shot at again and there is a very good chance your position is going to be over ran and you're going to die right then and there,,,, Guess What Youngster you Kill and Then you Release as Best As You Can,,, Because You're Still Alive! Pissing on a corpses, I did worse.
OP sorry about the Rant,,,
edit on 26-2-2012 by guohua because: Edit it add, Sorry I got carried away! I Miss Home and My Musical Friends Some Times.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Were is your Outrage here? Don't you think this is Outrageous? Warning Graphic!

I didn't read or see any Americans running Wild in our streets killing Muslims,,, Did You?

ABC and CBS television showed pictures of the bodies being pulled out of a burning vehicle, hacked by angry Iraqis, dragged behind a car and strung up on a bridge, but electronically blurred the images of the corpses.

www.middle-east-online.com...

Their Uneducated and treat our servicemen and women much worse, I hope you are not Condoning any of this.
You think they want to stop with defacing WWII graves and memorials? NO,,, they want us Dead!

edit on 26-2-2012 by guohua because: spelling and link check

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

This is what animals do bro. Theyre not men, theyre animals....

Those people need to have their asses beat, because their parents clearly didn't teach them any manners.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The anger over a broken headstone of dead soldiers, but no anger over NATO accidently bombing civillians, who prior to the bombing had no marble headstone, but rather a life .
it appears that many here care more for a piece of carved marble than a human life.

You all get angry over a carved marble headstone being broken, but the people who worship the koran cant feel anger at it being burnt?
hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
reply to post by guohua

I do, however, stand by my statement about religion as a whole. We, as a species, have committed repulsive acts in the name of a god over the span of recorded history.
edit on 26-2-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

Its not religion that is evil it is what certain people do with it. Like people who make it their business to force people to convert to their religion or they face being killed in horrorific ways. Force people to adhere to their religion's laws, when those people have their own religions laws to follow, or perhaps they choose to not have any religion and want to be atheist and remain free of any god.

My point is, if you have to force someone into your religion because they will not do it willingly, then perhaps you have the wrong religion and need to rethink the path you chose.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

The anger over a broken headstone of dead soldiers, but no anger over NATO accidently bombing civillians, who prior to the bombing had no marble headstone, but rather a life .
it appears that many here care more for a piece of carved marble than a human life.

You all get angry over a carved marble headstone being broken, but the people who worship the koran cant feel anger at it being burnt?
hypocrisy at its finest.

No, they go way beyond just being pissed off. They take it so far that they kill people in fits of rage all across the world. People who had nothing to do with it at all, just because theyre not muslim. This is what psychopaths do, when they cannot take their rage out on what made them angry they find a surrogate and commit horrifying acts against other people who were innocent.

Psychopathy at its finest.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

hypocrisy at its finest.

but the people who worship the koran cant feel anger at it being burnt?

Sure they can be Angry All They Want, But Killing and Rioting and making Life for Descent Muslims Miserable
is a bit much,,, Even You Should Agree To That Line Of Thought.
You don't kill people Over A Book, That's Stupid. If you had a Pastor or Priest or Whatever, and he told you to kill all Chinese People Because The Don't Look The Same As You,,, Would You Do It?
Not much deference!
edit on 26-2-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Actually, the National Oil Corporation of Libya with proven reserves of 41.5 billion barrels ranks in as #7 of the companies with top oil reserves in the world. Every company above it is Middle Eastern (aside from one Venezuelan). And these are only individual companies with proven reserves.

Actually, the UK has proven reserves of 28 Billion barrels with a possible maximum with new tech and explorations of 82 Billion barrels. Also, I said prodction, not reserves. You can have the worlds biggest reserves but not produce any. In terms of production, the UK and Libya are neck and neck.

Link to UK DECC site

Doesn't matter what future reserves could be pending technological innovation; I was pointing out where Libya ranks with established reserves. They have a significant reserve base, and regardless of production now, production is always capable of expansion (especially when the country is unstable and the locals are busy fighting amongst themselves instead of targeting those who are acquiring their own infrastructure).

Indeed, Afghan is mineral rich but you cannot mine anything there now or in the near future given the security situation. Also, it can be seen as "acting in our national interest" to protect such deposits for our use as the Chinese have the market cornered on rare Earths and other critical minerals used in high tech manufacture. If the Taliban would just get the message and lay down, then the whole of the country would benefit enormously from such exploration. It is ironic that they are the ones holding back development and causing the suffering that people like you blame on the "West".

We have been constructing such extraction infrastructure for many years now. They even showed documentaries in Canadian news about how we are building paved roads to remote regions "for the people" but the Taliban keep delaying progress.

Quite frankly, saying that the Taliban should just back off and let Afghanistan "benefit" from this neo-liberal imperialist expansion into Afghanistan is just such a sad statement. Would you do the same if a hostile power invaded your country in order to take your raw resources? They know what this is all about, hence why they "delay development".

You also deftly dodged my question regarding your logic. If you see this as justified retribution for burning a book, then surely our invasions are justifed retributions for past and continued atrocities committed by Islamic extremists against our countries and citizens?

Wasn't it a Lord Churchill who wished to destroy the savage Kurds because they interfered with his plans for Iraq?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

you may want to learn what a psychopath is.

Your CEO's and presidents are more likely to be psychopaths than a religious person.

The west rewards psychopaths by promoting them to positions of power where that can get others to kill for them.

but feel free to accuse others, religion makes people remorceful,

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

you may want to learn what a psychopath is.

Your CEO's and presidents are more likely to be psychopaths than a religious person.

The west rewards psychopaths by promoting them to positions of power where that can get others to kill for them.

but feel free to accuse others, religion makes people remorceful,

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. When you can murder someone in cold blood, in anger or jealousy you are a monster. Killing in war is one thing, but this is pure psychosis. How can they justify Islam as a religion of peace when you have monsters doing these savage things to people over paper? If you want to burn my bible, hey whatever floats your boat, i will just go buy another one and keep buying them until you get tired of burning them. I am not going to go kill someone because they burned a book i like and take solace in. I can live without ever reading from a bible knowing that my Messiah exists and that he loves me. He teaches me without even needing to read the bible.

They burn christians bibles all the time and kill them, and the media doesn't even blink an eye at it. People like me who never hurt anyone in their lives and do not even so much as own a gun and do not have the heart to take someone's gift of life from them that God gave them. This is what it looks like to stare into the face of evil.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
but this thread is about destroying headstones and not cold blooded killing is it?

I don't think anyine was beheaded due to a koran burning in Libya where they?

feel free to add more muslim bashing videos which are not relevant to the country in question, I am sure I can find mosques being shot up or puppies being thrown of cliffs to stir the emotions of people.

tell me, is throwing a puppy off a cliff psychopathic?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
These things are not human beings as we understand them, but animals who behave in a fashion that my dog would find distateful.

They cannot be educated and pose a threat to security and peace anywhere they roam. I absolutely do not condone actually invading and killing them but they ought to just be shunned by the world.

Just ignore the entire country.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, whoever desecrated the graves have got what they wanted.
You only have to read the majority of posts in this thread.
There are more "Muslim scum, religion of peace my ass, quotes from the koran preaching violence, kill all muslim" posts than not.

This was intended to fuel hatred between religions and it worked.
They knew destroying something so sacred to the British and commonwealth as a WWII graveyard would provoke a massive wave of anti muslim sentiment.
Thus making the next attack on a muslim country easier to bare and far more acceptable in British eyes.

It was probably done by SAS troopers dressed as arabs. Would'nt be the first time that the SAS haved tried to commit false flags dressed as arabs.
edit on 27-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

When was the last time SAS soldiers desecrated allied war graves?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join