It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Unbelievable picture of a cloud ship that I took myself!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I see your dolphin cloud and raise you an eagle.

Infidel! Your pitiful "Eagle" is no match for Pollution Pig!

edit on 26-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Seriously, no wonder your called LonelyGuy !
Lighten up dude its a bit of fun !

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

When I first looked at your picture and read through your thread, I'll admit I had a fairly discourteous reply prepared.

Partially because all I saw was a cloud (and yes, the Pizza Hut logo) but also because I wasn't sure if you were being serious. After seeing your responses to several other members, I now see that you do indeed seem to believe this was a cloud ship. And who am I to say it wasn't...although, I'm leaning towards .... cloud.

They aren't even looking at it for more than 2 seconds! They aren't comparing it to other clouds!

I looked at it much longer than 2 seconds, and did some comparisons of my own. Here are some google image results if you look up "cloud ship"

And this one that looks a bit closer to what you saw -

As for the straight lines and geometric shapes of your cloud -

There are strange and beautiful clouds that appear all the time - mammatus, fallstreak, Kelvin-Helmholtz waves, noctilucent...on and on.

I even understand that aside from the photos you provide a statement that you watched it, unchanging for 10 minutes. That may be the case..I'm not going to argue if you did or didn't; however, it is frequently the case that a person will unintentionally exaggerate the amount of time they have spent doing something. They don't do this to lie to anyone, it actually feels like they've spent that amount of time doing said activity, but in reality it's only been a couple of minutes.

The length of time a cloud will linger can also vary depending on numerous factors.

You're misinterpreting this website's motto, "Deny Ignorance" doesn't mean "Deny anything you are not accustomed to."

The problem with that is there are several very knowledgeable people on this site that are incredibly accustomed to cloud formations and all the whats, whys and hows. You need to be prepared to have the things you post examined and criticized by those knowledgeable in that field or otherwise.

ETA: I don't know why only one photo was embedded and the others were links...it works either way I suppose.
edit on 28-2-2012 by jacktorrance because: Added and ETA.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

You need to be prepared to have the things you post examined and criticized by those knowledgeable in that field or otherwise.

Before I start, I liked your post a lot, except for the quoted part.
I was prepared to be ridiculed. I didn't expect many to believe this. But you are completely wrong when you say people "examined and criticized by those knowledgeable in that field." That doesn't happen on ATS. It's just a bunch of armchair scientists.
You're one of 3 who actually did some examining of it. And I applaud you for that.
This thread really illustrates what actually happens on ATS(It's not examining and criticizing), people just say the first smartass comment they can think of, without doing any analysis.
I'm not mad at anyone for doing this. Several of the comments made me laugh.
I'm only mad at the ATS mods.

I KNOW this is what I claim it is. I KNOW it sounds crazy, but I KNOW it's true.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I do agree with you that there are a lot of armchair scientist on ATS, and all over the web for that matter. But I have read threads on here authored by people who actually are in a position to accurately describe or judge the situation at hand. Whether the member is a police officer shedding some light on what at first appears to be a police scandal or a meteorologist discussing a strange weather phenomenon.

Either way, I do give you props for posting your picture. It takes a lot of courage to post something in any forum to be openly critiqued. Especially when it's something other worldly or not the norm.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Listen, I'm not going to criticize you. I'm not an expert, and I can't just come out and say I know what it is, because quite frankly, I don't. It looks like a pretty damn cool cloud to me. But that is just what I think. You keep saying you know for sure that it is a "ship" so my question is simple. How are you 100% certain that it is a ship? Are you just going by a gut feeling, or have you seen many? Does it just use the cloud as a cloak? Have you seen a ship come out of the cloud? OK, so it's a bunch of questions, but still simple nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well darn. I was going to post a picture of a cloud that I took that looks a little like a squirrel with a big fluffy tail but after seeing all the other pics I think I will just keep my cloud to myself.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Then there's the crazy "coincidence" that I should happen to see cloud ships mentioned somewhere the night before. Never heard of them before.

So the previous night you heard about "cloud ships" and by sheer coincidence you see one the next day!!! OMG, wow!! What are the chances of this!

Mate, you saw this cloud, because that is what it is, and using your newly gained information, in your excitement you took a pic of this cloud, believing it to be a "cloud ship"

Because of what you saw and learned the previous night, you were looking for it. Have you not heard about it, you would not even have taken this pic of a cloud, and i am sure, would still believe they are just clouds.

This thread was a laugh, and the responses rather good in their approach. Surely you must have known you will take some flak for this.

vvv

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ghost,

Originally posted by Ghost375

I was prepared to be ridiculed. I didn't expect many to believe this.

Normal. You have to understand the opposite side of the fence when you post inquiries like this. If I was to post a picture of one of my cats, and claim it's an alien (example), I would make sure that I have solid strong evidence to supply the claim. Or expect my opening statement to be ridiculed, like it happened to you in this thread.

But you are completely wrong when you say people "examined and criticized by those knowledgeable in that field." That doesn't happen on ATS. It's just a bunch of armchair scientists.

That is an unfair statement. If ATS is just a bunch of armchair scientists, why post this in the first place??

You're one of 3 who actually did some examining of it. And I applaud you for that.

How do you know who examined it? Just the replies of 3 members that may agree with you doesn't mean they are the only ones that really looked at it. Also an unfair statement.

This thread really illustrates what actually happens on ATS(It's not examining and criticizing), people just say the first smartass comment they can think of, without doing any analysis.

Ghost, what is there to analyse??

I never got around to that reply you gave me about the reasons why you think this is a ship. Your answer: You seen it before, it's weird and you read about it the previous day you took the shot.

So let me ask again. What is there to analyse??

It's just a pic. Looks like a cloud. Your only testimony is that you think it's a ship, you think it's strange and you KNOW it's a ship. THAT doesn't make it so. What can we analyse, Ghost?

Based on what you have supplied, all we can give is an opinion. Like you do yourself, really.

I'm not mad at anyone for doing this. Several of the comments made me laugh.

Good !

I'm only mad at the ATS mods.

Not good.

What could mods do? Off topic everyone that hasn't agreed with your opinion? I don't understand why you are mad at the staff for staying neutral. No one has broken the T&C replying to you. There was some flak and humor, rightfully so.

I KNOW this is what I claim it is. I KNOW it sounds crazy, but I KNOW it's true.

Well then tell us why you know. What's your evidence besides a gut feeling?

If you can't supply a detailed answer, if you can't supply links for your belief of this claim, if you can't offer nothing else but a "I know" feeling, don't be upset for the opposite point of view. Cause so far, from your pic, your testimony, all there is here for me is a cloud. Nothing more, nothing less. Respectfully.

edit on 3-3-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You sunk my cloud ship!

*raucous laughter*
edit on 6/3/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The people on this site are so closed minded. Anything outside of their little bubble is unacceptable and dumb.
They aren't even looking at it for more than 2 seconds! They aren't comparing it to other clouds!
You're misinterpreting this website's motto, "Deny Ignorance" doesn't mean "Deny anything you are not accustomed to."

Dear Ghost, many people function entirely within the materialistic sense and have not developed inner sight or inner anything really. It is a matter of soul development. It may take many lifetimes but they will get there eventually.

Our society has been developing science in a very gross materialistic way and secular humanism has destroyed the mechanism with which many people can learn to trust the inner senses. Everyone expects to see proof in the phsyical of things.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The people on this site are so closed minded. Anything outside of their little bubble is unacceptable and dumb.

Dear Ghost, many people function entirely within the materialistic sense and have not developed inner sight or inner anything really. It is a matter of soul development. It may take many lifetimes but they will get there eventually.

Our society has been developing science in a very gross materialistic way and secular humanism has destroyed the mechanism with which many people can learn to trust the inner senses. Everyone expects to see proof in the phsyical of things.

Sooooo can you explain how that cloud is a ship?

One of my best mates always gets excited/scared and tries to point out clouds to me that are "obvious mother ships" and tells me I need to 'open my f****n eyes!'

So, care to assist us 'materialistic' inner-blind ones in identifying further ships? What about the steam that comes off a hot shower? Should I be concerned?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"I looked up some threads and pictures of "cloud ships" after seeing this. I didn't see any pictures as good as this one.".....................haha this thread made me laugh so hard are you really exited that you took a picture of one lonely cloud...? it doesn't really even look like a ship... I'm sorry for being rude, its just, this is ridiculous and your so happy that you took a picture of a cloud! hahaha you must be a young lil lad, I remember having my very first camera an being amazed I could take "pictures" too! Id post them for people to see but I would never be near as ecstatic as you an I only posted pictures that were.. umm.. atleast a little cool

wait are trying to tell us something?! your warning us of the incoming suspicious alien ship clouds that will start there attach in December 2012 huh?!?!
oh god no.....
ok once again i'm sorry, I know what I said was immature/rude but you just cracked me up so I played along with the game in my head (or yours?), no offense, really brother.

Now at least this picture (which someone else in this thread posted, not mine) is cool an looks like SOMETHING ////////

edit on 7-3-2012 by Gawdlike because: editeditedit

edit on 7-3-2012 by Gawdlike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So you know EVERYONE on this site??? wow cool! no. that's very very NOT true, obviously some people are an alot are not (closed minded) and to say that the WHOLE site is? damn if I was moderator id ban you from the site for life. Ya I made a joke about this thread in another post that mean in no way that I'M closed minded just bc I had a laugh just like a few others on this thread...........

And by the way read YOUR own posts on this thread and really think about what your saying to everyone...
because sir YOU are being closed minded yourself! by only accepting what YOU believe and that what you saw was a PERFECT ship and NOT normal at all! and everyone else is wrong but you, oh an everyone else on this site are so closed minded because I made a funny thread with a semi serious title an it ended up being a few words about some other site(?) cloud ships (an no beliefs about them just "them") and a picture of a normal looking cloud.. So alot of people laugh an make jokes, well HMMMMM I wonder...

How bout next time you want to insult people insult them directly not the whole damned site of thousands of people you don't even know at all. If we should all follow the motto an "Deny Ignorance" well I suggest everyone put you on ignore and deny you.
(an that was a JOKE so don't get your panties in a bunch PLEASE)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Are you kidding me Mang? ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost375

I know the name of that ship. "Paranoia"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join