It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum Sponsoring Daytona 500 Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Rick Santorum is playing to his base this weekend sponsoring Tony Raines' stock car for the 'Superbowl' of NASCAR races on Sunday.

news.yahoo.com...

I am not a Rick Santorum fan but I got to hand it to their campaign on this. What better way to reach out to your base than a well placed ad on a car going 200 mph during one of the largest spectator sporting events in the world. I do not know how much it cost his campaign, but if he wins it will be a minor miracle. Right now the betting odds are 150/1 for Haines. To put that number in perspective, Danika Patrick is sitting at 75/1, the favorites to win are Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kevin Harvick, and Kyle Busch at 10/1.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
LMAO at the image of a 200mph car with a splash of santorum all over it.
Will it be like a Gallagher show? will the front row get plastic sheets to keep it off when it flies, the santorum that is?

Could not resist that one

Good call.....I am sure it will reach out to his base and spread from there.....

sorry just too damn easy

APB

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That's about the saddest attempt at campaigning that I've ever seen! What's he going to ask the driver to do, run Danica Patrick off the track because she's a woman driving? Santorum needs a Sanitarium, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"in the world" ? What's Nascar, is it like a race for old Nasa rockets. Not sure many outside of the US have heard of this sport but I am sure it is one of the biggest sporting events in the world, just like the world cup or monaco grand prix.

Sounds a weird way to gain votes, i wonder if he has his policies written in bold letters on this guy's vehicle.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
"in the world" ? What's Nascar, is it like a race for old Nasa rockets. Not sure many outside of the US have heard of this sport but I am sure it is one of the biggest sporting events in the world, just like the world cup or monaco grand prix.

Sounds a weird way to gain votes, i wonder if he has his policies written in bold letters on this guy's vehicle.

How to best explain NASCAR,,,,,, hmmmm. I will try

it is a advertizing /marketing corporation that sells the concept of near reverent devotion (#3...in our hearts, lol) over a peculiar type of racing with roots in prohibition moonshine whiskey running. Now it is an ad venue for all manner of commercial products. What makes it more peculiar is coupled with ad saturation fans pay large sums to watch cars largely identical circle to the left for 2-500miles. Granted at high speed but only to the left. why this is so relevant is nearly all of the fans consider any "turn to the left" as liberal scum type stuff. This exception seems to be the only leftism the will sanction and do so with great devotion all other forms are largely met with derision.
OK that was a joke cept the parts about circling left.......

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That's not an oil slick....that's Santorum!!

Jokes aside, I think it's fitting for a politician to have his own NASCAR racer.

Now, if we could only get our politicians to wear their sponsors on their clothing or have their corporate sponsors painted all over their own vehicles...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Astroglide?

Anal-eze?

or

Intimate Organics daring anal spray?

top topics

join