It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul soundbytes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Lots of people say Ron Paul has no sound bytes, well I will help him out.

-Vote for me, zero percent income tax
-vote for me, I actually read the constitution.
-Read my voting record: no new taxes
-Vote for me, I aftually served in the military.

The reason Ron Paul doesnt use soundbytes is because he uses REASON to explain his views instead of talking like its some kind of pep rally. Maybe that is good, maybe that is bad, the poijt is I felt like sharing and even though this thread will get censored I am speaking out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Indeed, because he uses reason instead of sound bytes he all ready understands that saying "Vote for me, zero percent income taxes" would be a lie. If Paul were elected President he would have as much effect on Congress - who has the complete and plenary power of taxation - as he has had as a Representative in Congress. Paul can continue to try and offer reasonable lessons on the problem with the tax code, but as President he would not have any authority to simply just do away with it, or reduce the percentage paid to zero, this is Congress' job.

A Ron Paul victory would have no meaning if everyone who voted for him believes their job is over and now Ron Paul must save the country.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
He could be very effective by simply holding congress accountable for their voting record, and calling them out when they fail. I for one would welcome this.

join