It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two missing as fire guts Brazil's Antarctic research station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Two missing as fire guts Brazil's Antarctic research station

www.bbc.co.uk

Brazialian base at Antarctica in flames and has been evacuated. Military present at the base will remain, along with the head of the base.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
rickrozoff.wordpress.com
www.mar.mil.br..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
books.google.se

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 25/2/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Reports say the base was completely destroyed by the fire, and the personnel were evacuated by helicopter, leaving only the military and base director on the site.

But question is, why military presence in the first place? The base is actually run by Brazilian Navy. One of the focuses is potential mineral finds and claims. In this respect, while no official territorial claims yet are expressed by the Brazilian government, their territorial interests overlap those for Canada and Britain.

There are also other aspects to potential military interests in the region, which may have indirect connections to "outing" of Brazilian presence for time being. (see the NATO link below)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It appears the Antarctic is now the most secret place on Earth...with many Nations making bold claims. Does it have anything to do with the 2 year drilling expedition by Russia...IDK. But, it sure has been getting a lot of attention, without much info coming out.

Curious I am....

Des

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yea something strange is going on there I'm sure. We need someone to do some flybys and record it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by signwearer

... and it seems there was a UFO incident in the 1950s in the same region

www.waterufo.net...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
saw this on the news earlier and wondered my self what mightbe going on there.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They just bore down into the lake... I wonder what they found because I've heard nothing since the day they reached it. NOTHING is usually suspicious

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
AND who are the TWO 'missing'?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Antarctica seems to be the place to be, what this and the recent breaking into the prehistoric lake and all..

My My what wonders to see (or covered up as seems to be the trend of the worlds governments

edit on 25-2-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hi ATS friends,

This Brazilian episode could very well be symptomatic of a mounting Earthly Resistance to an Alien Presence located in Antarctica. Admiral Byrd more than half a century ago led an expedition with many navy ships including several destroyers and an aircraft carrier with 4700 marines on board, only to lose a ship and retreat after a UFO attack with craft rising directly out of the sea. Their expedition was to counter Nazi submarines which went there at the end of WWII, and this brings some evidence of an alliance of Hitler with Aliens. The bone of contention today seems to be weather these are only underground or underwater bases, or if Admiral Byrd was correct in saying that it is an entrance to Hollow Earth in which other species live and which is deeply penetrated by Alien Extraterrestrials?

After minute 10:00 they discuss Antarctica

GS

edit on 26-2-2012 by Getsmart because: the Nazis had an ALIEN EUGENICS AGENDA!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Strange stuff going on on Antarctica and the region lately. Recently that Russian ship that got in trouble, the tensions among the Falkland Islands and now this. That is, if you're not familiar with the Nazi UFOs and the predictions surrounding them.

top topics

join