It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was looking around and came across this article on the Daily Mail website. It was only posted today at 5:14pm (GMT)

A secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to Earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.
Pope Benedict XVI is claimed to want to see the 1,500-year-old book, which many say is the Gospel of Barnabas, that has been hidden by the Turkish state for the last 12 years.
The £14million handwritten gold lettered tome, penned in Jesus' native Aramaic language, is said to contain his early teachings and a prediction of the Prophet's coming.

An Image: i.dailymail.co.uk...

If you want to see more images and read more about it, go to the daily mail website: www.dailymail.co.uk... fb_source=message

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread also mentions it being leather bound with gold lettering.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
it's been posted already and please please people stop using the unbelievably rubbish daily mail as sources for these things. they are no better than the national enquirer.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mretgis

That was in the actual article its self.
And sorry about the double thread, I never saw it. It was posted recently on the Daily Mail so I assumed it had not been posted

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Since the Torah is 10,000 years old, this is just the oldest form of Arab propaganda. I really doubt that the book found in Turkey is Genuine now. The Arabs have always been Jealous of the Jews.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mretgis

Lol. Fake.

100% fake. Just like Rome's claim that the Shroud of Turin was genuine. 100% horsesh*t.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just to add, would a war monger be Messiah or would a peaceful man be Messiah? Jesus never road around on horseback leading armies into battle. Jesus performed many miracles to prove who he was. Last time I checked Mecca was the holiest site for Arabs not anything in Israel.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If this book suggests that Mahamad is a prophet to come then it isnt part of the bible.
No book that is found can stand on its own and be classed as text, it HAS to be able to be crossed referenced to other teachings from other books.
Imagine if in 2999 years somebody finds a gold leafed book saying its part of the bible suggesting Obama was the 21st century prophet that everyone should listen to.

The bible can be cross referenced. This stuff about Mahammad is not cross referencable, Mahammad isnt even recognised in the Old Testament.
This story is based on complete stupidity.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

I realize you've already gotten posts pointing out the earlier thread on this bible's "discovery," as well as mentioning the daily mail's reputation for accuracy.

Having said that, I will point out that when I read through the earlier thread, I saw no mention whatsoever about it containing any specific prophecy, no less one about the Prophet Mohammed. So if that aspect to your post and source is correct, wow. I remain skeptical however.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
If this book suggests that Mahamad is a prophet to come then it isnt part of the bible.
No book that is found can stand on its own and be classed as text, it HAS to be able to be crossed referenced to other teachings from other books.
Imagine if in 2999 years somebody finds a gold leafed book saying its part of the bible suggesting Obama was the 21st century prophet that everyone should listen to.

The bible can be cross referenced. This stuff about Mahammad is not cross referencable, Mahammad isnt even recognised in the Old Testament.
This story is based on complete stupidity.

Thats why it's fake. Anyone with a small amount of prophetic knowledge can tell you that Jesus is the true messiah. Daniel practically calls him by name. Not to mention, look at Jesus' works and compare them to Muhammad. Jesus didn't murder anyone, didn't make war on people, didn't rape other men's wives and steal other means money and he died on the cross and he prayed for and asked God to forgive the people who were murdering him. Muhammad cursed the people who killed him.

"By the fruits of their labors you shall know them".

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

jesus was also a liar ,

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

You can prove me wrong with a little test , by asking jesus .? Are you up for the challenge ? Or you gonna come out with excuses ?

Simple test . I promise i won't make you have to move a mountain :p

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

You do know Jesus was not just the Messiah but a prophet right? That passage deals with prophetic language, which is why you and people like you cannot understand it. Towards the end of his ministry he began preaching in parables and prophetic language after the Sanhedrin insulted the Ruach haKodesh, the pharisees had already damned themselves by blasphemying the Holy Spirit...Christ's Father so he had nothing further to say to them.

Stop digging in the bible looking for things you have no understanding of, because you do not have the indwelling of the Ruach haKodesh what you read will be nonsense to you. Jesus isn't the liar, you are just ignorant.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

jesus was also a liar ,

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

Those are not lies...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

“All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them.” Matt 13:34

“But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…” Mark 4:34

“This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them; but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them.” John 10:6

but why ?

“And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto YOU to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is NOT given.” Matt 13:10-11

the verses i posted earliar. you can cherry pick , take out of context, metaphor it , do 100 ways to interpert it .

ask and it will be given to you , is a lie. You just can't escape that . So you need to make up excuses as to why it doesn't apply.
But imagine for a second you could right now , ask god to cure one of your friends cancer tommorow and he does it .
WIll you then come to me and give me the same sob excuses ? or will you be like look proof ? lol
I think we know what you would do ..
Only reason you can't accept that fact is because your to busy trying to rationlize why it doesn't work. But thanks for the attempt.

Stop digging in the bible looking for things you have no understanding of

Nobody seems to understand the bible , thats the problem you see. Thats why their are so many clashing interpertations , so many divided , so much double standards .

If you looked outside the box you would see this as obvious , but your still stuck in it i see and are in denial.

because you do not have the indwelling of the Ruach haKodesh what you read will be nonsense to you

please , sir. i've heard people go to the spirit of god /holy spirit . who are nevous , about the understanding of there own beliefs? Sort of a safety net as to why things don't make sense sometimes ? helps you feel a little bit better?

Jesus isn't the liar, you are just ignorant

Well see i don't know jesus personally , but i do know there are a few books attributed to jesus. Now a bunch of the books were put together to make the bible.

The bible is saying , these things allegedly jesus said.

I'm calling the jesus in that bible a liar. The real jesus i don't know . But if he is anything like the bible version . He is a liar.

Now the difference between you and me is i see that . But you invest to much emotion into it , and see both the same.

Could you please tell all the victims of this list , that jesus don't do prayers , or requests , nor can get god to do them?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Those are not lies...

Well of course not , when you can rationalize it in your mind , to help you sleep better at night. When it comes to faith , reasoning is sometimes put on hold .
But lets ask suzie ?

Do you see what i mean ? Its easy to sugar coat , twist , interpert , cherry pick in many ways to rationalize something to fit . A square into a circle hole.

how about what kitty has to say?

Will you do the prayer test with me ? so is there just no way , any request will work ? you have the spirit in you more then i do right ? isn't that the "6th sense" needed to trigger any prayer requests? or no..?

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16)

you make it hard to believe . character of the bible. We need more the parabels , contradictions and metaphors. There are countless number of others who bring the same to the table and expect people to bow down or be punished. But all of them seem to hide , and their followers come out with some crazy excuses

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The bibles used by Christians today, already have explicit references to the future Mohammad as well.
For those interested, I've made a thread detailing how bible foretells Mohammad...

The light of the Gentiles mentioned in Isaiah 42

Here are some relevant posts in that thread.

Isaiah 42 is usually attributed to Jesus, but a closer look at details points towards Mohammad.
We see that this passage deals with a coming servant of God,
- who brings forth judgement to the Gentiles
- who will be a light for the Gentiles
- is associated with Kedar and the wilderness (associated with Ishmael)
- is someone who ends idolatry and made idolators feel ashamed.

Christians assume that everybody written of in the Old Testament is Jesus.
However, it could also be that it foretells several other personalities, of which Mohammad is one.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well of course not , when you can rationalize it in your mind , to help you sleep better at night. When it comes to faith , reasoning is sometimes put on hold .
But lets ask suzie ?

Poor suzie... brainwashed by the world...

Do you see what i mean ? Its easy to sugar coat , twist , interpert , cherry pick in many ways to rationalize something to fit . A square into a circle hole.

I understand what you mean... Still you have to understand the context of those verses...

Will you do the prayer test with me ? so is there just no way , any request will work ? you have the spirit in you more then i do right ? isn't that the "6th sense" needed to trigger any prayer requests? or no..?

No need to test it... God doesn't take requests...

but he knows what you need before you ask him...

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16)

What does it mean to believe in something?

you make it hard to believe . character of the bible. We need more the parabels , contradictions and metaphors. There are countless number of others who bring the same to the table and expect people to bow down or be punished. But all of them seem to hide , and their followers come out with some crazy excuses

Do you see me hiding?

I realize theres errors and contradictions in the bible.... but theres also a core message many seem to overlook

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What does it mean to believe in something?

After hearing how some of you interpert and make excuses of the bible. I'm not sure. It could mean anything with some of you blind followers logic. Do you see how the cherry picking game works ? How you can make up your own reality and think your doing the right thing? lol , sorry of course not . I forget who i'm talking too.

but theres also a core message many seem to overlook

I could pick out verses from the bible make my own interpertation and call it a core message also . But i would be lying to my self and others. So you enjoy that version of reality , but its not everybodys cup of tea , to make up what we feel is right .

wouldn't it be nice , to write about boasting about hitler , making hitlers actions the right thing to do . But having a few sentences that say , but it was not right , contradictions lies , minipulations of interpertations etc.

then saying its the core message that many seem to overlook. Even though i intentionally filled the book with bs. ? Why the games?

Do you see me hiding?

Yes , you hide behind excuses ,and blurred versions of reality you have created for your self. Same thing happens when i question muslims , jews , hindus , scientologists etc. Same reactions.

No need to test it... God doesn't take requests...

Could you please forward that message to the victims of these people?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

After hearing how some of you interpert and make excuses of the bible. I'm not sure. It could mean anything with some of you blind followers logic.

Not everyone who follows is blind... personally I follow no man...

Do you see how the cherry picking game works ? How you can make up your own reality and think your doing the right thing? lol , sorry of course not . I forget who i'm talking too.

Who are you talking to?

Apparently you believe im just another "blind christian"... You actually don't know who you're talking to, you're just assuming you know.

I could pick out verses from the bible make my own interpertation and call it a core message also . But i would be lying to my self and others.

Yes you could...

So you enjoy that version of reality , but its not everybodys cup of tea , to make up what we feel is right .

I don't need to make up what is right, to most its obvious... to some, not so much...

wouldn't it be nice , to write about boasting about hitler , making hitlers actions the right thing to do . But having a few sentences that say , but it was not right , contradictions lies , minipulations of interpertations etc.

then saying its the core message that many seem to overlook. Even though i intentionally filled the book with bs. ? Why the games?

Im sure many have...

What games? You realize the bible isn't one book right? There are conflicting opinions and ideals all throughout the book.

Yes , you hide behind excuses ,and blurred versions of reality you have created for your self. Same thing happens when i question muslims , jews , hindus , scientologists etc. Same reactions.

Now you're just ranting...

i've made no excuses for anything....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Apparently you believe im just another "blind christian"... You actually don't know who you're talking to, you're just assuming you know

no i don't assume that , i know your not a traditional "christian" you cherry pick , the verses you like , hybrid it with other religions and texts , and call it your version of reality. Little bit of this , little bit of that . Its a good plan , i would do the same thing if i was in your position , when all the reason and logic is against you its better not to hold the christian title , and hide in the shadows of it with cherry picked verses , and call it the "core". I know your type

secondly when i deal with people with double standards its hard to pin point who they really are , some bi-polar behavoir and beliefs .

What games? You realize the bible isn't one book right? There are conflicting opinions and ideals all throughout the book

i thought i made this clear in the previous posts ? shall i go back and copy and paste for you ? or should i assume you will go back and read?

i've made no excuses for anything....

Thats a byproduct of denail. When you rationlize something in your mind , you see it as excuses. But outside the box thinkers see right through it , tough luck for you .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join