It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What right have they got!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So there has been protests near the Afghanistan ministry building. You probably heard about it on the news. Well here is the article on BBC

Nato has withdrawn all its personnel from Afghan ministries after two senior US officers were shot dead in the interior ministry building in Kabul.

Source
So, two senior officers have been killed, inside a heavy defended building. Because of the video filmed where American soldiers where burning the Quran books.
We are talking about two people that had no involvement. As far as I know, in this burning.

Now the title might have questioned you. But I thought to myself this is the perfect title for this thread because what rights have they got?
But I thought to myself. ‘Why should two innocent army officers suffer?'
Now I know the world and people suffer all the time especially in the Middle East. But what questioned me was that the deaths were caused because of the anger by the extremist.
But when they burn a flag, for example the American flag, you do not get on the news, deaths of soldiers or the people who done it.
So what rights have they got to kill but yet the people in the western world don’t because we believe in the human rights.

What would you do if they were burning your flag? It has a similar value in my opinion because they both represent the people of a certain group.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As long as they aren't burning people. I could care less what they burn. Thats just me though. I would rather they burn an inanimate object to take out their frustration over hurting a person any day.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Your mistake here is thinking that this would be just about the Qur'an burnings.
When you consider how long the US have been bombing their schools, hospitals and mosques, killing their women and children; you can probably understand where their anger comes from. The Qur'an burning was just another motivation to do something about it.
Just imagine if America was invaded, you would want to kill the enemy too.

I agree that it is very sad two random soldiers had too die.
I wish it was the corporate fat cats and puppet politicians fighting the pointless wars they create so good innocent people don't have to suffer.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

I completely do not think it is all about it,I know the current situation in the Middle east,the thing is as the extremests said that it was because of the quran burning.
Obviously I would defend my country and yes I would kill the enemy so therefore I understand the anger.

I agree with your second paragraph also.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I couldn't care less if they burnt my country's flag...it's a flag...of course, apparently burning a sacred text is a different matter and allows people to take matters into their own hands and shoot innocent civilians just because they happen to be from the same country at the perpetrators. The soldiers shouldn't have burnt the book as they should understand by now how the extremists get over their oh so precious text.

I also agree that certain western countries need to leave their country alone so they can start to repair the unthinkable damage caused by us in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sure, this isn't right..... to kill people who didn't have anything to do with the burning of the book or books. I'm not quite sure how many there were. I've seen and heard lots of comments over the past few days from friends, associates as well as many other people via various online forums talking about the Afghanistan people who are rioting over this incident. And these Americans want to bomb the hell out of all Muslims now. Sure, it's disgusting what is taking place. But I recall, too, after 911, in a city near me where people of darker skin color were being targeted by American citizens due to outrage over the attacks on the Twin Towers and Pentagon. Afghanistan's people aren't alone in going nuts over events and then targeting anyone who looks like the people who committed an outrageous act.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Islam for you. Someone on the otherside of the planet burns a Quran, dozens of people around the world that had nothing to do with it die instead.

Religion of peace? Whatever

Only religion in the entire world where burning one of their holy books will get you killed. Talk about an overreaction.
edit on 25-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You do realize that those two American officers were there in Afghanistan because the billions of people closer to Afghanistan must not have been willing to do what those innocent Army soldiers were willing to do, don't you?

When America gets done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait, Yemen, and Oman hopefully Americans will also innocently punish those billions of people closer to Afghanistan who were not willing to do the right thing like those Army officers were.

Those billions of people who live closer to Afghanistan than Americans do must also be extremists, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I'd say just pull out, save billions and American lives and leave these people to the Talibans. Lives there not improved much except for the womenfolk who now have more freedom and don,t get whacked for the slightest infringement to their code of dressing. Maybe after 10 years they had forgotten what living under Taliban rule was like so I think they should have a refresher course since they do not appreciate what others are trying to do for them. Frankly its a lost cause in Afganistan if you ask me. No way they can up a nation with no modern infrastructure, constant rivalry amongst tribal warlords and no tourism potential. Aaaa.... just pack up and go home.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There is something called 'the straw that broke the camels' back, 'the final straw' etc. This was probably the final straw that could unite them even further in their resolve to remove all the oppressors out of their country.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I understand what you are saying.
The thing is it wont end unless one destroyes another in my point of view.
This is a pointless war and any upcoming along the muslim north African countries and middle east are all about money.Thats the way I see it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Islam 101 :
1.Muslims must rule the world.
2.Non-muslims must become muslims or DIE.

Islam 102:
1.you burn a book.
2.i kill your family.

Islam is the religion of peace...sure, sure.

"the straw that broke the camel back"...REALLY? They got bombed to hell and back and burning a BOOK is the final straw?

But you are right...this only proves that MUSLIMS are religious NUTS.As in NOW, present dyas.Christian crusades ENDED 500 years ago.

I can go NOW in my city main square and BURN : a bible, the flag of US, the flag of MY OWN COUNTRY.

I will not even get jailed...maybe, if my lawer is a moron, pay a ticket.
But i will NOT start a US war against my country, or mobs will burn my house and kill my family.

All other religions on this PLANET stoped the mindless killings hundreds of years ago.Muslims did not.They even KILL EACH OTHER in the name of religion.

Oh, btw...Iran's SUPREME LEADER is also the SUPREME RELIGIOUS LEADER.Should Iran have nukes?
Gee, how nice would look on our westerners TV news this :

"Iran nuked Israel this morning because 2 israeli soldiers burned a quran book".

edit on 26-2-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
There is something called 'the straw that broke the camels' back, 'the final straw' etc. This was probably the final straw that could unite them even further in their resolve to remove all the oppressors out of their country.

Unity in that nation is not going to happen. I think the West is figuring that out and is on the verge of just walking away and letting them go back to killing each other for control of whatever random tribal area they want.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

"Those who will burn books, will soon burn people."
Heinrich Heine
This was wrote in the late 1860's in Germany. We all know what happened 70 years later.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

(Puts up his hand) I know I know
!
Rise of Hitler and Nazi germany

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Exactly which is all we are in the societal cycle, we are at the point of Fascism. Unless we actively try to progress we will fall into tyranny.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well I guess it is already happening in certain countries, I guess there will be another Extremest country soon.
But the thing is that got me wondered is the way it started and I predict its going to be in some way similar.
When people seek money and jobs during the depression they want a party that will provide them with that,often the case the more extreme parties get in,just like it happened with Hitler.
So i guess we will vote in one for ourself.
But in time we will know.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yes except for the fact that it's all pre-determined, there is a plan and Hitler was just the dry run. The next Fascist regime will be nigh unstoppable due to the size of the american military, and their blatant disregard for human life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yeah just cant wait to see it happen.
Well hopefully it wont affect us as much.I wish it will not happen.
For now 'Keep calm and carry on'

top topics

join