It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the modern christan church, throw down your pagan ways and return to your first love

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Not ur typical we are told not to waste our seeds on certain people and scorpion is one of them , he will never change his posture , it is evident He has read the bible but not with the gift of eyes to see or ears to hear.

Oddly enough i find myself in this exact situation, circle jerking with people who refuse to open their eyes and open their ears. It gets tiring. Just like when i created this post to wake up the sleepers who think serving pagan gods and commemorating pagan rituals while claiming to be christian is a farce. The blind leading the blind and both will fall into the ditch. We've been lied to for 1700 years, the only way we can make this right is by turning back the clock and returning to being what Jesus made us to be, to return to his works and his teachings. We need to go back to what the first 3-4 generations of christians did. I for one do not want to end up with the Mark of the Beast on my forehead because i had my head up my butt and refused to see the writing on the wall. I asked Yahweh to show me the truth and i started finding all this stuff and half the time i thought my head was going to explode from all the information and the other half of the time i thought i was going insane.

I admit it, when i first started learning these things i didn't want to look at them, i had to force myself to read what was given to me and i often questioned wether or not i should have opened my mouth and asked him to show me these things in the first place. Ignorance is bliss, until you meet your end and find out that your refusal to see what is really there ends up damning you.

We have a long road to walk trying to undo 1700 years worth of damage and only with God's help will we be able to accomplish it. For now it starts with us, the individuals. We plant those seeds and pray that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will make them grow and awaken the sleepers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I agree whole heartedly in your post and will add to that . This phenomenon runs much deeper than just the Catholics , many churches teach another form of deception , that being the rapture . Satan has taken over most religions weather one wants to admit it or not. When the false Christ appears he will be telling all what they want to hear .

Only two churches in the book of Revelation are approved of by Jesus , Smyrna and Philadephia because they teach of those who say they are of our brother Judah but are of the synagogue of Satan, Rev. 2:9 & 3:9.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

Regardless of wether or not the Harpazo event happens the way we think, we need to make sure we do not get caught with our trousers down. The important thing is to return to our first works and first love and focus on God and we can let the rest figure itself out. If i had to pick a church out right now i'd say the mordern day church is Laodicia we have grown lukewarm and i suspect this paganism we have been infested with is part of it. Another part is we have grown complacent in our comfort zone and are no longer willing to risk our lives for Jesus and have the courage to buck the system the way the early christians did when they spat in the eye of Rome and spread the message regardless of the consequences.
edit on 26-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Damn i saw a few pictures of dagon priests and they are wearing the same headdress the pope wears I wonder if the pope is gonna be the false prophet the bible speaks of?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

This is the most informative and detailed video I know of on the topic.

edit on 26-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
It is well documented that before 1962 it was a mortal sin to read the bible.

TOTAL BULL. Where do you come up with this GARBAGE? :shk:

In fact, just the opposite is true. Catholics are (and have been for a long time) granted an INDULGENCE for a 1/2 hour of reading the bible each day. Do you know what an indulgence is? Its the Catholic church saying that if you do something, it will get you (or someone you wish to give the indulgence to) out of purgatory sooner. They ENCOURAGED bible reading.

And every weekday mass has two bible readings. Every Sunday Mass has three. There were Catholic bibles in print that were printed in the 1600s ... complete with church imprimatur (that's the official seal of approval of the Catholic church .. that it has been looked over and nothing 'against the faith' is in the book).

More ACCURATE Catholic bible info

You should really step outside that brainwashing and do some research

Back atchya. Seriously. That fundamentalist cult you are seeped in ... the spewing of lies about what others believe ... stop reading those ignorant Jack Chick tracts, and stop listening to those fork tongued Baptist 'preachers'. Or if you insist on continuing to pollute your mind with that garbage, at least spare us your spewing of it here. It's all so ignorant.

Praying with magical beads,

Rosaries aren't 'magical' and the Church doesn't believe they are. Your condensending attitude towards people who use beads to keep track of their Christ-centered meditations and prayers is really pathetic. learn what the rosary REALLY is here

using magical "blessed" holy water

It's not 'magical' and it has a biblical origin . More biblical examples of blessed holy water and oil You really ought to actually read the bible, ya' know?

praying to the "Queen of Heaven" Ishtar

Asking Mary to intercede with her Son Jesus is NOT praying to Ishtar. :shk: Scripture is very clear .. we are supposed to pray for each other and ask others to pray for us. Scripture is also very clear, those in heaven are very much aware of what is happening on earth (Rev 5:8).
and confessing to earthly priests
[url=http://www.scripturecatholic.com/confession.html" target="_blank" class="postlink"> Scripture support of Confession
- read it. Get educated.

i find myself in this exact situation, circle jerking with people who refuse to open their eyes and open their ears. It gets tiring

Yes ... you do refuse to open your eyes and ears. It does get tiring ...
But I'm sure you are making your father - the father of lies - VERY happy.

edit on 2/27/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Scripture is also very clear, those in heaven are very much aware of what is happening on earth (Rev 5:8). Scripture support of Confession - read it. Get educated.

I thought the Bible was clear, never are we to try and communicate with the dead. It was a capital offense in the OT.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you a Jew or a Christian? Jews don't believe in the trinity either. They would accuse you of polytheism, similar to how you would accuse Christians of necromancy.
edit on 27-2-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

TOTAL BULL. Where do you come up with this GARBAGE?

He didn't say it write. He is refering to how it was a mortal sin for a catholic to read a protestant bible.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
never are we to try and communicate with the dead. It was a capital offense in the OT.

Eating shellfish and using artificial means of birth control (onanism) is a capital offense in the OT. :shk:
We are not to try to conjur the dead.
However, we are all supposed to pray for each other and ask each other to pray for us.
READ HERE

Sometimes Fundamentalists object to asking our fellow Christians in heaven to pray for us by declaring that God has forbidden contact with the dead in passages such as Deuteronomy 18:10–11. In fact, he has not, because he at times has given it—for example, when he had Moses and Elijah appear with Christ to the disciples on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:3). What God has forbidden is necromantic practice of conjuring up spirits. "There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer. . . . For these nations, which you are about to dispossess, give heed to soothsayers and to diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you so to do. The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren—him you shall heed" (Deut. 18:10–15).

God thus indicates that one is not to conjure the dead for purposes of gaining information; one is to look to God’s prophets instead. Thus one is not to hold a seance. But anyone with an ounce of common sense can discern the vast qualitative difference between holding a seance to have the dead speak through you and a son humbly saying at his mother’s grave, "Mom, please pray to Jesus for me; I’m having a real problem right now." The difference between the two is the difference between night and day. One is an occult practice bent on getting secret information; the other is a humble request for a loved one to pray to God on one’s behalf.

And we also have this -

The Bible directs us to invoke those in heaven and ask them to pray with us. Thus in Psalms 103, we pray, "Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word! Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers that do his will!" (Ps. 103:20-21). And in Psalms 148 we pray, "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his host!" (Ps. 148:1-2).

Not only do those in heaven pray with us, they also pray for us. In the book of Revelation, we read: "[An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God" (Rev. 8:3-4).

And those in heaven who offer to God our prayers aren’t just angels, but humans as well. John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:8). The simple fact is, as this passage shows: The saints in heaven offer to God the prayers of the saints on earth.

Those already 'dead' and in heaven offer the prayers of those still on earth to God.
They know what's going on. They offer prayers from those still alive to God.
It's just that simple.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you a Jew or a Christian? Jews don't believe in the trinity either. They would accuse you of polytheism, similar to how you would accuse Christians of necromancy.

But Mary is dead, I pray to Jesus because He's alive. He resurrected bodily.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
He is refering to how it was a mortal sin for a catholic to read a protestant bible.

... Which is TOTALLY different than the lies that he said.

Back in the 1500-1600s many different versions of the bible were being created. Many, like Tyndale, had such bad interpretations that they completely destroyed scripture. The Church had an obligation to ban reading those bad translations and to burn them whenever they could.

That's VERY different than saying that, until 1962, the church told people they'd go to hell for reading the bible. That's a flat out lie and beyond absurd. He should be ashamed of himself for saying that.

Why 'bible' burning?

After the 14th century when English finally became the popular language of England, vernacular Bibles were used as vehicles for heretical propaganda. John Wycliffe, a dissentient priest, translated the Bible into English. Unfortunately his secretary, John Purvey, included a heretical prologue, as noted by St. Thomas More. Later William Tyndale translated the Bible into English complete with prologue and footnotes condemning Church doctrines and teachings. [2] St. Thomas More commented that searching for errors in the Tyndale Bible was similar to searching for water in the sea. Even King Henry VIII in 1531 condemned the Tyndale Bible as a corruption of Scripture. In the words of King Henry's advisors: "the translation of the Scripture corrupted by William Tyndale should be utterly expelled, rejected, and put away out of the hands of the people, and not be suffered to go abroad among his subjects." [4] As food for thought, if the Wycliffe or Tyndale Bibles were so good, why do Protestants today not use them as they do the King James Bible?

One action that Catholic Christians pursued to stop this propaganda was to burn these books. Does this action make the Church anti-Bible? No. If it did, then the Protestants of this period were also anti-Bible. John Calvin, the main Protestant Reformer, in 1522, had as many copies as could be found of the Servetus Bible burned, since Calvin did not approve of it. Later Calvin had Michael Servetus himself burned at the stake for being a Unitarian. [5] In those days it was common practice on both sides to burn unapproved books. Finally it is one matter to destroy the real thing and another to destroy a counterfeit.

The Church did not oppose faithful vernacular translations but heretical additions and distortions to the Bible. The Church prohibited these corrupt Bibles in order to preserve the integrity of Holy Scripture. This action was necessary if the Church is to preserve the truth of Christ's Gospel. As St. Peter in his Epistle (in the Bible) warns us, the ignorant and unstable can distort the Scriptures to their own destruction [2 Peter 3:16; see front panel]. Should good Christian parents allow their children to read a Bible with anti-Christian propaganda or profanity in the footnotes? I certainly would not. Finally if the Catholic Church truly wanted to destroy the Bible, she had ample opportunity to do so for 1500 years.

Columbia University

Why does the Catholic Church discourage Bible reading when, according to the Apostle, ``All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach...[and] to instruct in justice''? (2 Tim. 3:16).
If the Catholic Church discourages Bible reading, the Pope, the thousands of Catholic Bishops, and the many millions of Catholic lay people, are not aware of it. For the Popes have issued pastoral letters to the whole Church, called encyclicals, on the edifying effects of Bible reading. The Catholic Bible far outsells all other Christian Bibles worldwide. In fact, it has always been thus. The very first Christian Bible was produced by the Catholic Church--compiled by Catholic scholars of the 2nd and 3rd century and approved for general Christian use by the Catholic Councils of Hippo (393) and Carthage (397). The very first printed Bible was produced under the auspices of the Catholic Church--printed by the Catholic inventor of the printing press, Johannes Gutenberg. And the very first Bible with chapters and numbered verses was produced by the Catholic Church--the work of Stephen Langton, Cardinal Archbishop of Canterbury. It was this perennial Catholic devotion to the Bible which prompted Martin Luther--who certainly cannot be accused of Catholic favoritism--to write in his Commentary on St. John: ``We are compelled to concede to the Papists that they have the Word of God, that we received it from them, and that without them we should have no knowledge of it at all"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lone wolf the road to perdition is long and wide and short and arrow to salvation . These people that refuse the truth will be tried in the fires of the tribulation. Those with eyes to see will avoid the great apostasy about to occur , it may cost you your head , I wonder who does that anyway plant a seed and move on . We should never judge other sects of Christianity or any other religion , point out what is wrong but never judge.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But Mary is dead, I pray to Jesus because He's alive.

See Revelation 5:8. You can do both.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But how are we supposed to know if mary went to heaven? just because she was the mother of jesus doesn't mean she followed his beliefs. It doesn't mean she stayed faithful to his word. Solomon who was given riches and wisdom from God even turned away from him in the end. Judas was right there with jesus and given the power to do miracles did he not betray him and turn against him? Yes the bible speaks of praying to those in heaven but it names no names. Does not speak of mary going to heaven. Jesus seems to have not held her in much high regard. As seen in mark 3:31 she seems to be equal with all of us.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

But Mary is dead, I pray to Jesus because He's alive.

See Revelation 5:8. You can do both.

But the statement was that Mary is dead. I am not aware of anything biblical that states anything otherwise concerning Mary. Saying it is ok to pray to Mary has no biblical documentation. The verse you linked to would not apply to praying to Mary since it has no biblical backing to state she is currently anything but dead like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

just because she was the mother of jesus doesn't mean she followed his beliefs.

Do you really think that she wouldn't? God Himself 'overshadowed her' and lived in her for 9 months. The angel Gabriel greeted her with 'hail full of grace.' She was FULL of grace .. not just a little, but FULL. Scripture is very clear that she kept all things in her heart and pondered them. She stood at the foot of the cross when others ran away. The Holy Spirit came down upon her (and the Apostles) in the Upper Room after Jesus went to Heaven. The fact that there are any stories about Jesus nativity and early years at all means that Mary had to be speaking to biographers about her Son and his message. That was YEARS after he died and rose.

She did everything God asked of her. Everything ... from saying 'yes' to being the (very young) mother of Jesus, to being pregnant and not fully married, to hiding the child in a foreign land (Egypt), to taking care of Him, to standing by Him when He died, to giving witness to His rising from the dead ...

BTW .. her tomb is empty. pictures of empty tomb here
Early Church tradition says that when she died one of the Apostles (Thomas) had been away. When he returned a few days later he found out she had died and he requested the tomb be opened for him. They opened the tomb and found that Marys body was gone. They believed she was assumed into heaven body and soul.

The Sacred Tradition of Eastern Christianity teaches that the Virgin Mary died a natural death (the Dormition of the Theotokos, the falling asleep) like any human being; that her soul was received by Christ upon death; and that her body was resurrected on the third day after her repose, at which time she was taken up, soul and body, into heaven in anticipation of the general resurrection. Her tomb, according to this teaching, was found empty on the third day. Roman Catholic teaching holds that Mary was "assumed" into heaven in bodily form, the Assumption; the question of whether or not Mary actually underwent physical death remains open in the Catholic view; however, most theologians believe that she did undergo death before her Assumption. A narrative known as the Euthymiaca Historia (written probably by Cyril of Scythopolis in the 5th century) relates how the Emperor Marcian and his wife, Pulcheria, requested the relics of the Virgin Mary from Juvenal, the Patriarch of Jerusalem, while he was attending the Council of Chalcedon (451). According to the account, Juvenal replied that, on the third day after her burial, Mary's tomb was discovered to be empty, only her shroud being preserved in the church of Gethsemane.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
But the statement was that Mary is dead.

And that quote in Revelation shows that the dead are very much active and aware of what is happening on earth. They are presenting the 'prayers of the saints' from earth to God and asking his intercession. Sure her body is dead .. but the souls of the dead don't disappear into a hole. They are very active in heaven. Read the links and especially that section of revelation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Damn i saw a few pictures of dagon priests and they are wearing the same headdress the pope wears I wonder if the pope is gonna be the false prophet the bible speaks of?

Lol, you just saw that? I found that a few months ago. He is wearing the same stuff the priesthood of Dagon wore, it's just dolled up under all those gems and golden embroidery so you can't notice it easily. Look at his Mitre close enough and you can see the 2 eyes of the fish head on the front.

Read Samuel 5, i'll give a brief overlay, it's kinda funny.

The Israelites lost a battle to the philistines and the philistine priests captured the ark and took it to the temple of Dagon and set the ark beside the giant Idol and the priests left. When they returned the next day Dagon was laying on his face in front of the ark, so the priests picked the idol back up and stood it back up and went out again. On the second day they returned in the morning and yet again, Dagon was laying on his face in front of the ark and yet again they picked up the idol and stood it upright once more and left the temple for the night. On the third morning when the priests went into the temple, Dagon's head and his hands were cut off and laying between his feet.

The priests of Dagon never went into the temple again after that day, they considered it cursed. So they decided to take the ark to a different city. Some time passed and Yahweh smote that city with plagues and death and so the inhabitants decided to send the ark to another city. When it got to that city, the same thing happened and plagues and disease and death happened so the inhabitants of that city decided to move the ark to a 3rd city and when the people of that city saw the ark coming over the hill they shut their gates and told the priests bringing the ark there to take it back to Israel because the God of the Israelites was powerful and angry.

I always find that story amusing. The moral of the story is you cannot claim Yahweh's power for yourself, which is what they tried to do.
edit on 27-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by drivers1492
But the statement was that Mary is dead.

And that quote in Revelation shows that the dead are very much active and aware of what is happening on earth. They are presenting the 'prayers of the saints' from earth to God and asking his intercession. Sure her body is dead .. but the souls of the dead don't disappear into a hole. They are very active in heaven. Read the links and especially that section of revelation.

Yep I saw the saints reference. But again, there is no Mary reference. The dead are in the grave. I only see assumption when it comes to the current location of Mary.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The fact that there are any stories about Jesus nativity and early years at all means that Mary had to be speaking to biographers about her Son and his message. That was YEARS after he died and rose.

Did jesus not have brothers? Was one of his brothers not also one of his disciples?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join