It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the modern christan church, throw down your pagan ways and return to your first love

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Christians believe that they can not be Christians unless they are sinners, first and foremost.

Inaccurate. Christians believe that all people are sinners cast under the shadow of original sin and the only thing that can free you from that sin is Jesus. The Holy Spirit enables you to stop sinning if you so choose, but you have to want to do it. I think how he does this is when you ask forgiveness and are truly repentant when you commit a sin, that sin is wiped from the mind of Yahweh and he no longer remembers it. When Jesus was crucified, the moment he yelled out "It is Finished!" the veil that seperates the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple ripped open signifying that man no longer needed an earthly priest to forgive their sins and intercede for them, Jesus became the high priest of Melchizidek..the highest order of priest there can possibly be and now we can speak to him directly to ask for forgiveness when we mess up.

The catholics take this too far when they want you to confess to an earthly priest that is now redundant and irrelevant before Christ. You do not need an earthly intercessor because you have the most powerful and most Holy One residing in the temple of heaven, those other fools cannot forgive your sins. Even the thought of them being able to forgive your sins over Jesus is blasphemy. Going to these "priests" instead of going straight to Jesus signifies to him that you think these fools have more power then he does.
edit on 25-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Every old pagan religion has a Trinity of Father, Mother and Son.

That doesn't mean the God of the Bible isn't a Triune God, that just means satan is a counterfeiter.

Thats what i am saying. Our Triune God is 100% male, the catholic one...is God the Father, God the Mother and God the Son. hence that whole Mary being the "Queen of Heaven" spiel that goes all the way back to Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz.

Ah yes, the good OK goddess worship.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That doesn't mean the God of the Bible isn't a Triune God, that just means satan is a counterfeiter.

In the bible, God, and His prophets and Jesus have all spoken many things directly... but the "trinity" is not one them. Instead, it is explicitly stated by God Himself, the prophets and Jesus that "God is one".

IMO, Going by these "direct" words is a healthier and more honest approach towards understanding what God, Jesus and the prophets wanted you to know.

So why ignore these directly spoken words and resort to stringing together other verses to reach a conclusion?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

In the bible, God, and His prophets and Jesus have all spoken many things directly... but the "trinity" is not one them. Instead, it is explicitly stated by God Himself, the prophets and Jesus that "God is one".

It also says a man and woman joined in marriage are also "one". That must mean they literally become one person? All through scripture every major act or dispensation of God has some verses attributing it to the Father, some verses attribute the same thing to the Son, and yet others give credit to the Holy Spirit. At this is true for ever doctrine in scripture.

IMO, Going by these "direct" words is a healthier and more honest approach towards understanding what God, Jesus and the prophets wanted you to know.

You cant say that and not be a Trinitarian. Every doctrine in scripture is in different places said to have been done by the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Spirit. It's hinted to often in the OT, it's overt in the NT, especially after Pentecost.

So why ignore these directly spoken words and resort to stringing together other verses to reach a conclusion?

I'm not ignoring anything, you are. You're ignoring verses talking about the Son, and the Spirit. And you think apparently a man and woman become literally one flesh.

edit on 25-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It also says a man and woman joined in marriage are also "one". That must mean they literally become one person?

It says they become "one" flesh... through the child that they procreate.
i.e - The child is the "flesh" which the man and the woman became.
Regardless, it refers to a human biological process and has nothing to do with the unity of God.

You cant say that and not be a Trinitarian. Every doctrine in scripture is in different places said to have been done by the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Spirit. It's hinted to often in the OT, it's overt in the NT, especially after Pentecost.

You're ignoring verses talking about the Son, and the Spirit.

Am I ignoring any verses where we see God, Jesus or the prophets directly state "God is triune"?
No, because there are none.

You are ignoring the fact that there are plenty of places where they say "God is one"... and are reading things into verses... "hints" or whatever you want to call it.

edit on 26-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Wonders

Christians believe that they can not be Christians unless they are sinners, first and foremost.

Inaccurate. Christians believe that all people are sinners cast under the shadow of original sin and the only thing that can free you from that sin is Jesus. The Holy Spirit enables you to stop sinning if you so choose, but you have to want to do it. I think how he does this is when you ask forgiveness and are truly repentant when you commit a sin, that sin is wiped from the mind of Yahweh and he no longer remembers it. When Jesus was crucified, the moment he yelled out "It is Finished!" the veil that seperates the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple ripped open signifying that man no longer needed an earthly priest to forgive their sins and intercede for them, Jesus became the high priest of Melchizidek..the highest order of priest there can possibly be and now we can speak to him directly to ask for forgiveness when we mess up.

The catholics take this too far when they want you to confess to an earthly priest that is now redundant and irrelevant before Christ. You do not need an earthly intercessor because you have the most powerful and most Holy One residing in the temple of heaven, those other fools cannot forgive your sins. Even the thought of them being able to forgive your sins over Jesus is blasphemy. Going to these "priests" instead of going straight to Jesus signifies to him that you think these fools have more power then he does.
edit on 25-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)
This is one of the reasons I do not consider myself a Christian, because you and others representing Christianity negate the words of the One you claim to follow. I am not Catholic, please leave their mess out of this discussion. Christians, like yourself, claim that all you have to do is ask for forgiveness whenever you "so choose" to "mess up". Jesus, on the other hand, says that unless you forgive others for their sins against you, God will not forgive your sins against him. Often I wonder if y'all know the difference between condoning sin, and forgiving those who trespass against yourselves. I would love to have a discussion with a Christian that takes the teachings of Jesus into consideration, as a truth undeniable and irrefutable. My point stands, arguing the day of Jesus' birth is small bunions compared to the blatant disregard for the words of Jesus.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Christians, like yourself, claim that all you have to do is ask for forgiveness whenever you "so choose" to "mess up". Jesus, on the other hand, says that unless you forgive others for their sins against you, God will not forgive your sins against him.

True. As Jesus taught in the Lords prayer, addressed to God:
"Forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us".

Another christian teaching is that God forgives us depending whether or not we accept that Jesus died for our sins. Neither God nor Jesus ever spoke this doctrine, but christians will read that meaning out of the bible, by connecting verses.

edit on 26-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The trinity is biblical, all across the old and new testament. Yahweh, the Ruach haKodesh and Jesus are all one. When you're talking about the Holy Spirit you are talking about God. When you are talking about Yahweh you are talking about God. When you talk about Jesus you are also talking about God.

John 14:8-11

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

We all have our own spirits, but Jesus was concieved of the Holy Spirit.

BTW, this topic has slid off rail. This was a warning call to brothers and sisters alike to stop doing things that displease God. It's time to remove the paganism that was forced on us 1700 years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It says they become "one" flesh... through the child that they procreate.
i.e - The child is the "flesh" which the man and the woman became.
Regardless, it refers to a human biological process and has nothing to do with the unity of God.

Jesus said it and was talking about divorce. Of that "one" person, not their child.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Still pumping out the BS against the Catholics, eh? I suppose you can't help yourself. The indoctrination into your fundamentalist cult is probably running too deep for you to see the truth. Catholics do not worship Mary as God. Catholics never said that you go to hell for reading the bible. Catholics don't believe the pope is Christ. etc etc. Your education on what the Catholics really believe must all come from those pathetic Jack Chick tracts.

:shk: Congratulations .. i'm sure that the 'father of lies' is happy with you spreading false information for him.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by novastrike81

Do you also tell your kids about krampus? A demon who travels around with santaclaus stealing naughty children and eating them?

No, because I haven't heard that version before. It sounds interesting.

Also isnt Santaclaus the patron Saint Nicholas? A religous figure.

Yes, he is.

Arent you against religion?

I'm against religious intolerance. There is some good in religion. I just dislike the parts that segregate those with differing view points. Unequally yoked if you wish to call it that. I live with it every day, so I'm aware of how bad it can be.

Why would you let your kids need to be dictated by a religous man who breaks into houses through a chimney?

Why would you let your kids fear and worship an invisible man who will send you to an eternal place of fire and torture for all eternity if you don't accept him into your heart? I'd much rather deal with a man who did nice things for people than deal with a tyrant who sets impossibly high standards and then damns those who can't follow them. I didn't ask to be born, and I don't wish to be punished for something I wasn't in control of in the first place.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Am I ignoring any verses where we see God, Jesus or the prophets directly state "God is triune"?
No, because there are none.

It's says so right in the text beginning at Genesis 1:1. "Elohim" is plural of "EL", or "god" in Hebrew. Every time it appears in the text it's technically a grammatical error because it's a plural word used in a singular context. (Gods) Then, Genesis speaks of God's "Spirit" hovering or "brooding" above the waters in the creation account. In the first chapter in English you have "God" and His "Spirit". He says "Let US make man in OUR image..", He wasn't talking to the angels, they cannot create anything. And we are now 3 part beings, body, spirit, and soul.

Jesus said "no man" had seen the Father at anytime. Yet which "LORD" along with two angels met face to face with Abraham in Genesis 18? Which "LORD" did Isaiah see seated on His throne in heaven? Which Lord met Joshua outside Jericho in Joshua 5? How could both these people have "seen" God and yet Jesus also be correct that no man had ever seen "the Father" at any time?

edit on 26-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Why would you let your kids fear and worship an invisible man who will send you to an eternal place of fire and torture for all eternity if you don't accept him into your heart? I'd much rather deal with a man who did nice things for people than deal with a tyrant who sets impossibly high standards and then damns those who can't follow them. I didn't ask to be born, and I don't wish to be punished for something I wasn't in control of in the first place.

Lmao Again here you go with these so called impossibly high standards.

Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself:Matthew 19

Do you seem to find these impossible?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'd much rather deal with a man who did nice things for people than deal with a tyrant who sets impossibly high standards and then damns those who can't follow them. I didn't ask to be born, and I don't wish to be punished for something I wasn't in control of in the first place.

I agree. "Man who did nice things for people" = Jesus. He did for us, all of us. He loved everyone, He certainly wasn't a tyrant and just said "believe in/trust me." (John ch. 6) No, we didn't ask to be born this way, we can't help it, but it's simple to trust Him, to believe He meant it when He said "It is finished!" We just approach Him like the thief on the cross or like Peter did, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Simple trust, like a child, that means without doubt.

"impossibly high standards" @@

And Jesus gives only 2 commands for the new covenant, Love Him and Love other people. Love is the fulfillment of the "law". That's why Jesus said "My yoke is easy and My burden is light." In the OT, there were 613 laws that needed to be followed. Treat people just as you'd want them to treat you. Care for them first, love them, and love Jesus.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Try reading " A Witness In The Stars ". By E.W. bullimger it might help with some of your interpretation . By the way in antiquity there was 13 constellations .

Much of your post has bum information for instance Jesus was born in September . Satan has corrupted most of the churches of men in all religions , the truth is out there you just don't have it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Do you seem to find these impossible?

Yes, those are easy, but notice the man is asking Jesus what he himself needed to do. In John 6 Jesus tells people to just trust Him, that's even easier! Then Jesus says He gives two commands. Love Him, love everyone else as if they were Him.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Much of your post has bum information for instance Jesus was born in September

Well, the shepherds wouldn't have been tending their sheep in December in Bethlehem either.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Another christian teaching is that God forgives us depending whether or not we accept that Jesus died for our sins. Neither God nor Jesus ever spoke this doctrine, but christians will read that meaning out of the bible, by connecting verses.

Jesus was the Passover Lamb of God, everyone who was a Jew knew what that meant. John the Baptist said he was the Lamb of God "who takes away the sin of the world". (John 1:29) At the last supper Jesus said His death would be for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26;28) He said for that hour is the entire reason He came. And in John 6, said emphatically that everyone who believes in Him has eternal life. (v. 47)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Jesus was the Passover Lamb of God, everyone who was a Jew knew what that meant. John the Baptist said he was the Lamb of God "who takes away the sin of the world". (John 1:29) At the last supper Jesus said His death would be for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26;28) He said for that hour is the entire reason He came. And in John 6, said emphatically that everyone who believes in Him has eternal life. (v. 47)

Not ur typical we are told not to waste our seeds on certain people and scorpion is one of them , he will never change his posture , it is evident He has read the bible but not with the gift of eyes to see or ears to hear.

His screen name is apt for his following and they had tails like scorpions and were given the power to torment man five months. By the way when Jesus spoke of shortening the tribulation for the ELECTS SAKE after Satan arrives on scene and stands on the temple mount north end proclaiming to be God this is the time that it is shortened too.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Still pumping out the BS against the Catholics, eh? I suppose you can't help yourself. The indoctrination into your fundamentalist cult is probably running too deep for you to see the truth. Catholics do not worship Mary as God. Catholics never said that you go to hell for reading the bible. Catholics don't believe the pope is Christ. etc etc. Your education on what the Catholics really believe must all come from those pathetic Jack Chick tracts.

:shk: Congratulations .. i'm sure that the 'father of lies' is happy with you spreading false information for him.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

You can't even see the paganism you do is wrong? It is well documented that before 1962 it was a mortal sin to read the bible.

You should really step outside that brainwashing and do some research into what you believe in. If anyone is snookered by Satan it would be you. Praying with magical beads, using magical "blessed" holy water and praying to the "Queen of Heaven" Ishtar and confessing to earthly priests who can absolve your sins instead of going straight to the true high priest of the Order of Melchizidek Jesus himself and your Vicar of Christ false prophet who claims to be the human representative on earth when all christians are Christ's ambassadors...not some old guy in a priest of Dagon Mitre and Dagon robe who accepts worship by having people kneel down to him and kiss his ring like a king.

Research Mithraism and compare it to Catholicism and see what you find. Research Saturnalia and compare to Christmas. Do you know why christians have a hard time converting jews? Because jews are taught from the cradle what the pagans do and whenever you try to tell them the messiah was born on december the 25th they shoo you away and may throw rocks at you because Nimrod who is the basis of all male pagan gods was born December 25th.

Go to the site in linked in the OP and look up the referrences cited in the link, do some research on those old ancient religions instead of having someone else tell you what to believe go look for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join