It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when am i going to see the absolute proof?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Even if you saw proof how could you substantiate it. There is no objective way to test the alien UFO hypothesis because it is far too open ended and immune to actual refutations.

Let us instead look at the people who believe in advanced alien lifeforms visiting this planet sureptitiously; because generally they have a few things in common.

1. They can't prove it, their claims are unscientific, personal anecdotes, pseudoscience stuff, paranomal, supernatural etc... so its a belief and a matter of faith-until-proven-right us-against them mentality. This is divisive and not open minded, the opposite of all honest intellectual inquiry into anything new or undiscovered. The purpose of science (as a review process) is fair but harsh and brutal cricism. There can be no personal feelings or emotions in this process it must be clear of any and all human bias.

2. They have a hidden personal agenda to promote this belief as fact. They didnt arrive to the party without a strong opinion and observed the evidence then drew their conclusions. When presented with new evidence their conclusions don't change. Their position is immutable for an obvious reason, they have put themselves in a position where being proven wrong leaves them without any credibility.

3. Flaws of logic, misrepresentation of real science- physics, astronomy, mathematics combined with pseudoscience- astrology, numerology etc. Rabbit hole mentality or matryoshka doll explanations- to rationalise one theory they need a bigger and deeper theory which of course leads to an even bigger one until they have an unverifiable, unsubstantiated world view all encompassing theory which 'could' conceivably be true, but so could any science fiction novel ever written on a long enough time scale given enough permutations of enough universes.

So why do people spend so much time with this stuff then? Its only natural to question and wonder, everyone does it. But after some time of questioning and wondering you have to stop and assess. Have you done anything? Have you actually improved something? Are you interested in this topic because you want to find out answers, or because you feel safe knowing there are no answers to be found, so in a way you can never be wrong. Is it a search for the truth or a convenient distraction from something else.

There are a great number of things you could be spending your limited time on. Learn about human history and the birth of civilizations. Learn about stars and galaxies and how much we know from just looking at light, but how little that knowledge is in terms of the bigger picture. Learn why some human things work and some don't, ethics, laws, economies, free markets and governments. Learn about philosophies, world views, paradigm shifts and the struggle for identity. Learn a programming language, study engineering, artificial intelligence, atmospheric sciences, chemistry and medicine, the biology of modern agriculture.

Then after you have learned something, do it, to contribute in a positive way. Do it with honesty and integrity. Hard work is always rewarded.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

You will never see absolute proof in your lifetime. You will probably see better and better
CGI hoax videos appear over the years, and you may see some high quality footage
in the future as camera quality is increased and price is decreased, but it will always
remain a mystery, because E.T. will never land like they do in the movies, it isn't their
style. Physical sample evidence will never exist because there has never been physical
contact, and if there has been it has been the world's best kept secret.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We've all seen absolute proof at 1 point or another. We just don't realize it or think it's too good to be true.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
you will never see absolute proof until they show up by your bed, paralyze you, poke and prod you, and just dominate your soul. I was a skeptic and non-believer for my entire life until this past October when 5 greys attacked me in the middle of the night in the comforts of my own bedroom. I have been where you are...I don't expect you to believe my experience...the discussion of Et's is so wild and out there that no matter how many stories you hear or how much "evidence" is presented, you can not truly believe and know for sure unless you have an upclose, conscious experience. I was fully awake and sober during my experience....the disbelief of seeing 5 non human entities before you is just on a scale that can't be expressed especially when you had the mindset that non-human beings were only subjects of folklore and fiction.

But I will tell you. I know for sure that there is at least 1 race of non humans on this planet, the greys. I'm not sure if they are of ET origin or beings from another dimension. All I know is that they have the capability to "morph" in and out of our homes without using doors. They smell like utter Sh!t , are compassionless, have limbs so skinny that we could snap them like toothpicks (if you somehow figured out how to break their paralysis). They operate in teams when they invade our homes and work with surgical like precision/teamwork. The greys I encountered wore clothes that resembled doctor scrubs and had masks covering their mouths that look very similar to gas masks but not the one that cover the entire head.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join