It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Making a Documentary Video! CGI experience Would be Great

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have animation, 3d modeling and voice over experience. I cannot do video editing. I am willing to work on your project provided you can accept that I have paying jobs that take precedence over pro bono work. Message me.

It is common in video work to start with a simple story board that tells your story in simple stick figure or comic book style. Perhaps you should start doing that in order to lay out the progression of "scenes" that you will use to tell your story.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have animation, 3d modeling and voice over experience. I cannot do video editing. I am willing to work on your project provided you can accept that I have paying jobs that take precedence over pro bono work. Message me.

It is common in video work to start with a simple story board that tells your story in simple stick figure or comic book style. Perhaps you should start doing that in order to lay out the progression of "scenes" that you will use to tell your story.

Hi GroinGrinder. Thanks so much for the response and the help.

Thanks to everyone for the offers. Maybe we could break it up and different people could do different segments. This would make quick work of the whole thing.

I guess I will just try to make an outline and and then story board it... thanks again!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Sure thing. Except being a documentary, the animations will be sparsely distributed. You may want to compile images/photos & such for the rest; maybe even a series of still renders in succession. Feel free to send me a message when you have what you need to start, if you need any modeling/rendering that is.

Thanks btw.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
double post
edit on 26-2-2012 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Sure thing. Except being a documentary, the animations will be sparsely distributed. You may want to compile images/photos & such for the rest; maybe even a series of still renders in succession. Feel free to send me a message when you have what you need to start, if you need any modeling/rendering that is.

Thanks btw.

Yeah.. most of it will be like a slide show.. one other thing I am concerned about is making sure I give credit for all the different ideas incorporated from people's books etc. That is tricky with images too. I don't want to make something and then have it shutdown for copyright issues etc.

Thanks again, Raelsatu. Any help you want to rpovide would be great. I will try to get this all out of my head and coherent... hah

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
reply to post by paulorf86

It would be more like low budget student film.

so by 'budget' you mean that there IS at least some money involved in the help?...

I have extensive CGI experience and knowledge... just wondering how much time-energy you're looking to be put into it...

you looking for simple 80's type blocky fly-through of the structure and some basic graphical work for the functionality? or complete photo-real renderings?

PM me... sounds interesting.
edit on 2/26/2012 by prevenge because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

so by 'budget' you mean that there IS at least some money involved in the help?.

I meant low budget as in no budget student film.. haha the budget will be whatever we have in equipment to get the job done.. I just meant that that was the quality level I was shooting for.. just bare minimum or as good as we could do it for no money.

One thing I could do is if somehow I managed to make money off the video I would gladly split that up with everyone involved.. but I don't see how that could be done (make any money off it) but you never know?

I have extensive CGI experience and knowledge... just wondering how much time-energy you're looking to be put into it...

you looking for simple 80's type blocky fly-through of the structure and some basic graphical work for the functionality? or complete photo-real renderings?

Yeah.. very basic animation. No photo realism at all. More like Google Sketchup models but smoother with a little movement at times to show mechanical parts and physics etc. But just very very basic. If we could jazz it up that would be nice but not essential.

PM me... sounds interesting.
edit on 2/26/2012 by prevenge because: typo

Thanks prevenge.. very kind of you. I can't believe how many cool people there are here. If anyone has any projects they need help with let me know maybe there is something I could do to help? I am an aspiring sculptor. I was thinking of trying to do it claymation style but the scale is a problem and I don't have a good video camera and not much room to work.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

A script, and a storyboard of some kind would help for sure. Unless you are really good at describing with words, which most people aren't, a visual aid of some sort to have an idea of the type of animations you are looking for.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You can't copyright an idea. Take most self help books for example. The all prettymuch rehash the same old ideas, just state them in the author's own unique way.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Good luck finding people with those skills willing to do it for nothing.

Im no expert at cgi and 3d animation, but i can use it pretty well. Making a 3d pyramid with all the workings inside, animations etc is a lot of work. Its not a simple case of drawing it in a program and thats it.

Many programs are needed to make cgi films. All of which cost many hundreds, if not thousands of £$.

Maya (3d software) is $3,495, Photoshop CS5 full $1,015, After Effects $1500.....then video editing software like Vegas to edit it all together.

If someone is willing to do it for nothing, they are probably no good at what they do

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

You can't copyright an idea. Take most self help books for example. The all prettymuch rehash the same old ideas, just state them in the author's own unique way.

Hi TKDRL. Thanks for the response. That is great to know about the copyright issues. The thing is, I want people to read their books because I think it will help them understand what is going on. Would it be ok to put their ideas and comments from their books in my own words and source them? I would think it would be but then I could see how it might pose problems knowing how crazy the law is.. haha

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hi, Loves a conspiracy. My only alternative is to make it myself using Sketchup or just drawings.. I think 3-D models would be much more effective for people who aren't very familiar with the things i am showing. So any help will be huge for this. Also, I can make the models in Google Sketchup and then have people animate them. Plus.. this is for an important cause. I think people with ability are willing to help because we all want to see the truth come out.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Don't listen to people like this. They seem to not know about people that do CGI as a hobby. There is plenty of us around, look to the renderosity and daz3d forums for proof of that. We may not be pixar, but that is not what you are looking for anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some things to seriously consider:

How long is the video?

Is there any actual real footage or is it ALL animation? If it is all animation, you have no idea how much time and work is involved, and people are generally not going to put forth that amount of time/energy/work unless they are paid *especially* when creating animation from nothing.

Script? You have to have some idea of the direction of your narrative, the frames and shots, to be organized into a coherent video. You can't just have an "idea," you have to have a means to make it happen, a structure.

If it complex as you say you'll need many things: real footage and photos? (you must get rights); animation (who's going to do it, how much and what kind of animation); charts and graphs; VO (voice over); editing; fact checker; etc.

Basically what you want to do will involve a crap ton of animation, and animation is a very COMPLICATED process.

But your first have to have more than an *idea,* you need either a definite structure (storyboard) or someone who can give it a definite structure. A Synopsis, a treatment, frame by frame, etc.

I do video production, and i know how time consuming it is and what the process involves (even with a script).

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I might be able to help, depends what you specifically need doing though. I'm good at CG realism, mediochre at animating.

Just to pimp my skills, here's one of my 3D images to give you an idea of what I do.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Don't listen to people like this. They seem to not know about people that do CGI as a hobby. There is plenty of us around, look to the renderosity and daz3d forums for proof of that. We may not be pixar, but that is not what you are looking for anyway.

Great points TKDRL. I think people are thinking that this will require movie level effects. It's more like spiced up technical illustrations. There are are a lot of people that dabble in this stuff in school etc. I think it's fun.. I like doing it in Sketchup but I'm not the greatest at it - noob.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Basically what you want to do will involve a crap ton of animation, and animation is a very COMPLICATED process.

Hi Liquescence. I think the animation aspect has been blown out of proportion a little bit.. It's key to what I want to do but this isn't an animated film.

It's basically like a slide show but with some animation or graphics to help people understand things more easily.. the animation and graphics aren't imperative but the better they are the better the video will be IMO. Because that is why I want to make the video to help people get a good intro to these topics and my over all view.

But the tough part for me is just organizing all my ideas for this.. I guess that is what i am struggling with most.. because it isn't a really simple narrative.. it involves a tiny bit of my life story.. then my journey through research and then I need to explain to everyone what i have researched and discovered.. and how do I explain this so that people understand the implications? It's kind of a hodge podge of stuff...

But your first have to have more than an *idea,* you need either a definite structure (storyboard) or someone who can give it a definite structure. A Synopsis, a treatment, frame by frame, etc.

This is the problem.. I am stuffed with info and ideas and for me the hard part is getting i tall out... I would be better building the technology involved and prove it that way but I don't have the money... I feel I have the knowledge to do that much more than to write a book or express it as well as a writer..

I do video production, and i know how time consuming it is and what the process involves (even with a script).

Good luck.

Thanks for the response!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
I might be able to help, depends what you specifically need doing though. I'm good at CG realism, mediochre at animating.

Just to pimp my skills, here's one of my 3D images to give you an idea of what I do.

Hi Pot8er! That is an incredible model and render! Beautiful. I love that kind of work..

I think I have an idea that could make this a lot easier for me and maybe others could help put this together if interested. I'm thinking of making a thread where people with modeling experience could get together and model the entire Giza Pyramid as it was believed to be originally and all the internal elements.

Then I could use those models in my movie.. and if others wanted to make some animation or use the models they would be available for everyone here...

I wonder if there is something already on the internet like this - super accurate model of the Giza pyramid everyone can use...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One of the in house published persons have used something like you were talking about.
He has his own forum on here and his name is Scott Creighton.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...

Using photo flash maker.

www.photo-flash-maker.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join