It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of warcraft Wotlk/Cataclysm cd key?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey guys do any of you know were i can get the cd keys for wotlk and cataclysm? i bought them second handtoday and didnt realise they would need them so now im stuck on what to do the only thing i can think is buy them again but brand new BUT that would cost me more money so please help if you can.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There's no way legally .. and I'm pretty sure it's against ATS rules to discuss your alternative options.. You basically got screwed.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
There's no way legally .. and I'm pretty sure it's against ATS rules to discuss your alternative options.. You basically got screwed.
I dont want anything illegal i thought there could be a place i could buy cd keys from legit?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

You could try a download version off eBay.

I would only pay with pay pal though, so you don't get shafted.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

i tried looking on ebay but could only find people selling full version of the games

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You can buy keys online, but you're going to be paying almost the same price as if you were to buy NIB at the store. I hope you didn't pay a lot for just the CD's.. The CD's are useless without a key.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Go right to the Blizzard site and purchase the CD key. Still costs about $30 so you would have been better off getting it from a store anyway.

I have seen sites that sell the keys. Cheapest I think I have seen is about $20...just Google search for it. A million hits.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

typical...i paid £6.29 for wotlk and 9.59 for cataclysm....should of just paid £4 extra and got full games infact i would of if i knew they needed a key

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

typical...i paid £6.29 for wotlk and 9.59 for cataclysm....should of just paid £4 extra and got full games infact i would of if i knew they needed a key

You should know, pretty much all retail PC games need Cd keys.
But yes, the is a number of online sites that sell cd keys.
But the really isn't much difference in the price

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well i had the first WoW game and becouse that doesnt need a cd key i assumed none of them would, theres nothing on the website either saying they are needed

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i assume you looked on the back of the manual and tried to type the key in that came with it. if so and it didnt work then he's used it already. the actuall disks you get are worth nothing, the data on them can be downloaded from wow.com, All you pay for with the disks is a month of game time and the hassle of not having to download the game client. sorry but you've been had.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

ill give you my account for a cheap price my friend. got all the way up to cata.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Download the game directly from blizard and its free...

BTW

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
reply to post by LvSLoLo

ill give you my account for a cheap price my friend. got all the way up to cata.
Its not for me its for my gf and she wants to do it from the start sorry

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Download the game directly from blizard and its free...

BTW

Tried before but it just screwed my pc up had to take it off, now im trying it legit from cd its screwed me over
i emailed them this morning and still havent had a reply

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I've been downloading from blizard for over 5 years, and i've never had an issue...

Maybe you might try again? Start the download before you go to bed, you'll wake up with the full game...

i was a GM for 4 years on a few different servers...

Never once have i had an issue with blizard downloads

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im confused i just tried downloading the wotlk free trial from there website and it said:

This account has not been upgraded to The Burning Crusade. You require a World of Warcraft account which has been upgraded to a retail version of The Burning Crusade to be eligible for the Wrath of the Lich King free trial.

i HAVE upgraded burning crusade ffs

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Im confused i just tried downloading the wotlk free trial from there website and it said:

This account has not been upgraded to The Burning Crusade. You require a World of Warcraft account which has been upgraded to a retail version of The Burning Crusade to be eligible for the Wrath of the Lich King free trial.

i HAVE upgraded burning crusade ffs

Ya they have a new system that is designed to prevent people from playing free servers...

I would start from the beginning... that is IF you're trying to play Cataclysm

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hey guys do any of you know were i can get the cd keys for wotlk and cataclysm? i bought them second handtoday and didnt realise they would need them so now im stuck on what to do the only thing i can think is buy them again but brand new BUT that would cost me more money so please help if you can.

Go to www.shatteredcrystal.com... I have used them many times, legit site, fast response.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

what so buy BC aswell?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join