It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by joewalker
Not really relevant Ollin as the Judge is framing his thoughts in terms of the US Constitution not the koran.
The judge also described -- at length -- Muslim practices such as prayer, greetings and pilgrimages following up with, referring to Perce's dressing as 'Zombie Mohammad,'
“And what you've done is you've completely trashed their essence, their being. They find it very, very, very offensive.
I'm a Muslim. I find it offensive. […] But you have that right, but you are way outside your bounds of First Amendment rights.”
So in your view, freedom of speech is a Right without a responsibillity...all incitement is free speech...Interesting.
Originally posted by Ironclad
The solution is simple... If you want to live under Islam, go live in an islamic counrty or abide by the laws and freedoms of the western country you live in. And stop trying to impose your laws on the rest of us, which is mainly what muslims do.
Survey on what British Muslim students believe.
• 40% want Sharia law introduced into British Law for Muslims.
• 33% want the introduction of a worldwide Caliph, while 25% are opposed. 41% are not sure.
• 59% felt it was important that women wear the hijab but only 31% felt a women should be forced to wear one.
• 40% felt than men and women should not be allowed to associate freely together, while 12% were not sure.
• 32% felt it could be justifiable to kill in the name of religion.
• 57% fell that Muslims serving on the UK armed forces should have the right to opt out if the British army is fighting in a Muslim country.
• 16% felt the punishment that Gillian Gibbons received (the British teacher in Sudan who was sent to prison for 15 days after naming a teddy-bear ‘Mohammed’) was just right or not harsh enough. 19% were not sure.
Originally posted by Pigraphia
I have a question.
If for centuries no one was allowed to draw the Prophet for fear of being killed how the hell did the person who committed the assault know that the other guy was making fun of Mohammad, maybe he was just a generic zombie Muslim.
In respect of the Danish cartoon controversy,
73% of British Muslims feel that the cause for the controversy is Western disrespect (9% feel it is Muslim intolerance).
Originally posted by ollncasino
Islam has proven itself consistantly violent for the last 13 centuries.
Media Hype: Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes Are Increasing. Statistics: No They Aren't
Media outlets like the Associated Press, the New York Times and ABC have all given Muslim activists a platform to promote this claim.
Since 2001, hate crimes against Muslims have decreased significantly, according to FBI statistics. After 2002, hate crimes against Muslims have not risen above 13 percent of all anti-religious crimes, and the most recent data from 2008 calculates them at 7.8 percent.
• Destroy the Brooklyn bridge
• Blow up an Ohio shopping mall
• Blow up the New York stock exchange
• Blow up the NY subway
• Blow up an Indian diplomat with a shoulder fired grenade launcher
• Blow up National Guard facilities and synagogues in the LA area
• Blow up the Wyoming natural gas refinery & the Transcontinental Pipeline
• Set off a dirty bomb in the USA
• Blow up the US Capitol and Word Bank Headquarters
• Blow up the Sears tower in Chicago • Blow up NY city train tunnels
• Set off hand grenades in a shopping mall outside Chicago
• Conspiring to attack Fort Dix, New Jersey
• Set off a TAPT bomb in the NY subway
• Blow up a Dallas skyscraper
• Set off a car bomb outside the courthouse in downtown Springfield, Illinois
• Murder civilians in US shopping malls
• Blow up “aviation fuel tanks and pipelines at the John F. Kennedy International Airport”
• Shoot down planes with stinger missiles.
"Here in our society, we have a Constitution that gives us many rights, specifically First Amendment rights. It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others. I don’t think that’s what our forefathers intended. I think our forefathers intended to use the First Amendment so we can speak with our mind, not to piss off other people and cultures – which is what you did."
In your opinion is free speech a license to insult?
America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".
Criticise whomever ya want lad, no rules, no attempt at civilised debate...just insult.
So I am not allowed to criticise Islam because it pisses off Muslims?
Come on Ollin, whats offensive about that statement?
It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others.
don’t think that’s what our forefathers intended. I think our forefathers intended to use the First Amendment so we can speak with our mind