It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn Judge: Muslims Allowed to Attack People for Insulting Mohammad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by Aeons

But I became an ordained minister in HS while at a private christian HS just to marry my friend to a tree.
When the school cut down the tree I even held a funeral while he wept.

The teachers were very annoyed but I was quasi untouchable.
Him yelling murderer to every teacher at the start of class for a few days was priceless.

Aren't those good enough credentials to found a new religion to exploit the BS of a judge?

Excellent cred. But I have a line of lying royals/elite who claim descent from Jesus and Mary. I gots me a full house of cult that is hard to beat.

I'll even throw in an official day of revelry for all after the day of rotten tomatoes for stupid judges using stupid religious laws for stupid reasons. After six straight months of rotten tomotoes, stocks and revelry we may run out of judges stupid enough to open their mouths. At that point I'll bring you in as my new guiding light of the people to seek out politicians with dumb economic ideas and useless laws, and we'll extend the day of revelry to two days to encourage your good works.

Sound good?
edit on 2012/2/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You strip all the politically and religiously charged labels and allocations from the players in this story and what you get is that not a one of them was acting with their greater humanity in focus.

To a@#clown: Perhaps, you and the Pope should have been a bit more cerebral about who you chose to dress up as. Maybe leaving the costumes of figure heads of polarizing religious that have caused world-wide war, bloodshed, or general unrest at home would have been a more prudent choice.

To the offender: Perhaps, in the great scope of the general perception with which your religious persuasion has been accepted, maybe the wisest thing to do would not have been to further the violent stereotype by accosting someone in the street. And what business did you have participating in a pagan parade anyway. What's next gonna go to the Santa Clause parade and get p.o.ed when Santa shows up? Come on. I'm a sensitive man, but if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

To the “judge”: You bassackwards logimatician. So, where do we draw the line? Can people commit murder in the name of their particular religious sensitivities? Slippery slope. Slippery dope.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You're creds beat mine.
I only come from the houses of Bourbon, and Orleans as well as a Pirate King, throw in a voodoo priest or two and that's it.
I can't trace my royalty back to Jesus as you can.
Plus your royal edicts sound fun.

I'll even serve in your court until I can found my own crazy religion, I wouldn't wanna be chained to keeping on the east coast anyway.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

Penn Judge: Muslims Allowed to Attack People for Insulting Mohammad

news.yahoo.com

The incident occurred at the Mechanicsburg, Pa., Halloween parade where Ernie Perce, an atheist activist, marched as a zombie Muhammad. Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim, attacked Perce, and he was arrested by police.

Judge Martin threw the case out on the grounds that Elbayomy was obligated to attack Perce because of his culture and religion
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

should also mention that the two links are two different reporters takes on the story, and the latter link has more info on the assault itself as well
edit on 25-2-2012 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

When a US Judge fails to enforce and administer US law on an assault, and cites religious intolerance perpetrated on an atheist dressed as a Muhammad Zombie, that judge stirs up discontent by the public and invites a public response to correct the wrong. In other words retaliation for a failure of the court to administer justice.

What if a bunch of Nazi KKK dudes decided to beat some blacks because the blacks offended them in saying offensive anti KKK rants. Would that judge then say it ok because the KKK was offended ?

We need to stop giving in to these Islamists and their culture. If we don't we will all be sorry one day because all they do is take and take until they own you. They are only nice to you when you do as they want, but once offended, well, I give you recent activities in Afghanistan. We saved their skin from the Taliban, and they still show contempt.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

That is just asinine!

You're blaming the victim!

He has every right to go out in offensive clothes, hell their entire group is offensive on purpose.

They can offend my religion all they want and I wouldn't use my religion to attack them.
Personally I think God has a sense of humor.
To quote the Metatron from Dogma
"have you seen your mid coitus faces" *makes face*

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok. If i read this correctly he based his decision on case law. " State vs Shun" a clause citting words that effect a serious insult as to equate to a physical attack. It never says just a religous one. That being said, In my feelings of patriotism if I see some one burning a American flag, are screaming death to America, am I not entitled to attack them.
I believe all people have the right to their religions. It is a founding principal of our country,but you also have a right to free speech without a beating.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Ok. If i read this correctly he based his decision on case law. " State vs Shun" a clause citting words that effect a serious insult as to equate to a physical attack. It never says just a religous one. That being said, In my feelings of patriotism if I see some one burning a American flag, are screaming death to America, am I not entitled to attack them.
I believe all people have the right to their religions. It is a founding principal of our country,but you also have a right to free speech without a beating.

No one seems to know for sure what the judges legal reasoning was or if he had any legal reasoning at all. I merely offered up Chapinski v. New Hampshire and later offered up State v. Shun to shed more light on the fighting words doctrine, which in my mind is the only legal reasoning I could think of why a judge would dismiss the assault case and blame the victim.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I guess if I'm ever in Pennsylvania, I hope some Islamist doesn't offend me. The Judge says I can beat'em if they do. I wouldn't do that, but maybe some other person might. And that's what happens when Judges muddy the water.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

Now, Im not saying that Christians are any better, we all know their history. Heck, im not even christian. But, what does concern me is how this judge, biased or not, says that its "because of his culture", "he was obligated". REALLY!?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeah let's talk about dem Christians. Because the only thing Christians are guilty of is cowardice is the face of bigots like you.

As per this "Judge", he will be impeached by the end of the year, if not by the end of March.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, my beliefs say that when attacked I am obligated to pull out my .40 and put a vent in their head.

So attack away.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

exactly where in this thread did i come across as a bigot? not sure what the point of your post was either? and what does your idea of christians being cowards have to do with the topic?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Judge Martin needs to be tied to a pickup and be drugged till all

his skin is tore up real good.The put in a barrel of alcohol.

Then drug to the street and shot right between the eyes.

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WE ALREADY HAVE LAWS!

I swear some one needs to liberate us.There are no real men left to stand up to this muslim garbage.

This s___ makes my blood boil.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
judge should be kicked off the bench this guy committed assualt and battery and should be punished in america laws set forth in the constitution and in state legislation are the only valid laws.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Not having read the opinion rendered by the judge, I cannot know what his legal reasoning was, but there is precedent (sort of) in the matter of Chaplinski v New Hampshire that spawned the "fighting word doctrine" which presumed that certain words had the effect of "injury or harm" and as such are not "protected by the First Amendment right to speech". The judge has case law on his side.

I am of the mind, particularly in this modern age where words clearly have no meaning at all and what was once "hot" as in a rise in temperature now also means "cool" as in "hot". The word myth, since time immemorial meant nothing more than a specific tale of origin or a hero's tale, but today it means "falsehood". "Gay" once meant to be happy and joyful, but is generally now a word that belongs to a specific sexual orientation. Words, words, words, they are meaningless.

When I was a child we learned this: "Sticks and stones may brake my bones, but words can never harm me." Sadly, there is no case law to support that contention.

Such logic will allow people to say that Muslim teachings, which are an attack on my rights and beliefs, are not protected by the First Amendment. Maybe that is good logic?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Lord knows whose logic you are referring to, but its a sound bet your knee jerked and you couldn't resist posting before reading through the entirety of this thread. Logic is dependent upon the data one is dealing with. When lacking data, one can still come up with a logical answer regardless of its correctness. Garbage in Garbage out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn near Atheist, Anti Zionist, Pro Palestinian and proud.

But this is an OUTRAGE.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I find it funny(not haha funny) that so many posting, feel that the assault was morally wrong. And the judge seeing it as "ok" is wrong. But, by the same token are expressing that the judge be reprimanded with even more violent acts.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

The judge should be barred and taken out of office and sent packing. Last i check , i don't follow Muslim law in any way shape or form. I find the Muslim religion disgusting in all honesty and ill tell any Muslim that to their face while looking them in the eye.

Man , where is the white house on this. How dare a judge enforce Sharia Law in the United States of America.

If the United States of America permits Sharia Law , id be leaving the United (BULLS***) States of America and spitting on the flag r because they just spit on my dead brothers that have died in the middle east fighting radical morons who need to die.

This just put me in a world of pissed off i havent been in for a good while.

------

I dont even know if what the Judge did is Sharia Law , but i associated it and it pissed me off more. Muslim Law has NO PLACE in the United States of America.
edit on 25-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
Judge Martin needs to be tied to a pickup and be drugged till all

his skin is tore up real good.The put in a barrel of alcohol.

Then drug to the street and shot right between the eyes.

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WE ALREADY HAVE LAWS!

I swear some one needs to liberate us.There are no real men left to stand up to this muslim garbage.

This s___ makes my blood boil.

I must apologize to my fellow Americans for this.

You see there are still real men in the USA.

And we do not need to be liberated.

We in the US in daily life are easy going.

But we need to wake up! And realize that there is evil in the world.

And it is not all over on the other side of the globe.

It is here in the United States and in every pocket of the American people.

We have taken God out of every thing in the US and if we do not change our ways we

will see the destruction of America from the inside.That is the plans of the godless people

that are conspiring to destroy the United States Of America.

We still have real men and women,and all that is needed is for them to wake up.

And start using there god give voice to let this evil know that we see them and there

dirty deeds.They have sold the American people out.They have sold us out for greed and

money.The Real America people need to stand up and speak out.They do not need to worry

about what the muslims think.If they don't like it.They can leave.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

That's no different than black people being allowed to attack a white person for saying the N word. Or a Mexican being permitted to attack someone against illegal immigration.

Minority rights trump majority rights. That's America. That's freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join