It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cried watching IRON MAIDEN Flight 666

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I watched the IRON MAIDEN world tour documentary, Flight 666, when it was on telly a few months ago and I cried when they did their Colombia gig. I've just watched it all over again today and the same thing happened, (though there were other people in the same room so I swallowed most of it along with a bit of coughing and all that.
)

Those poor kids of Colombia, frisked and shoved around by police when all they want to do is see Iron Maiden. When the gig is over it's too much for a few of the fans. One, clutching a drumstick, breaks down on camera and that made me cry too.
Anyone else seen this who broke down watching, or am I just a softie?
Here's the full video, the whole thing is definitely worth a watch if you're a fan who hasn't seen it, but the Colombia gig starts about 1hr 7 mins in.

..sniff..

edit on 25-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I must admit. Iron Maiden put on the VERY best concert I have ever seen, and I've seen many! Something about the way every single one of them get into what they're doing. It's very emotional. They more than interact with their fans. They even go as far as to tell their fans... "You download all the Maiden you want! We know that if you really love the music, you'll go out and buy the CD... if not.. @#($^ it! We at least know you love us!". I was more into them after that than ever, simply because, they act just like the fans...

I love those guys!

IM Forever!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Up the Irons!

Yeah, they, Metallica, Les Claypool and Devin Townsend are absolutely awesome to their fans at all times.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How would you like to be flying on a commercial airline and then see Captain Bruce at the controls!!! He did a flight simulator school at Heathrow a couple of months ago...where he was teaching flying in a 737 or 767 simulator I think it was for one hour slots of time. The price? £666/hour!!! I really wanted my wife to buy that for me for Christmas!!!

I've been a Maiden fan since they began. And yeah..I'll admit...they might bring me to full metal rocking ecstasy with songs like Run To The Hills, and The Number of the Beast!, but just this did bring a tear to my eye. Plus a smile when Bruce did a tribute to Ronnie James Dio shortly after he died with their song Blood Brothers.

A cloud of his own making!!! Classic.
Only Bruce could get a crowd to chant Dio at a Maiden concert. Haters, say what you will about Iron Maiden. Bruce has been one of the first pilots flying in to relieve stranded residents at some of the worlds most recent disasters. On his own dime too no less often. So it's ok man. I know what ya mean! And I feel it too! Great band. Great video.

edit on 27-2-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I cry everytime i see and hear iron maiden,because i miss and wish for the days long gone by to return when paul dianno was their "better" than dickinson singer during their first two awesome and groundbreaking albums and just listen to pauls singing on those albums,its melodic,powerful and intense,along with his shirtless,studded leather stage presence and at the same time when clive burr was their "better" than mcbrain drummer during their first three albums and just listen to clives drumming on those albums,its intricate and fantastic and iron maidens unique and innovative punk/metal additude and sound was lost without paul and clive in the band and god do i wish that paul dianno sang on the number of the beast album,just like i wish that bon scott sang on ac/dc's back in black album,oh well,in some alternate reality, maybe they did...

edit on 27-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Showed my teenage son the clip I mentioned in my opening post and he went all teary too. Then he lied and says he was laughing at me' cos I filled up again.

reply to post by blocula

I think in some alternate reality Paul did stick with Iron Maiden. (And they were a punk band,lol)
How's your super group coming along? Your ultimate, top of the range, super duper, super group, to beat all the other groups, like EVER? I see you rounded your own selection down to about 10 bands, lol. Indecisive much? You just canny make your mind up. I thought I was bad. Pick THE ultimate group. You can't!
So don't be criticising Brucee.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Having grown up in the Maiden era it's great to see today's generation keeping the torch lit. What an awesome band, never thought back in the day that they would become the icons they are now. Their success is well deserved as they have been one of the hardest working bands to ever to hit the stage.
Dianno vs Bruce well..............it's like Hagar vs Roth it's subjective their all good in their own right. I highly doubt IM has any regrets adding Bruce to the band. He's one of the best singers I've ever heard. I use to play in a band that did a ton of IM songs and finding a vocalist that could do Bruce was pretty much asking for the impossible.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I like bruce dickinson and i think overall iron maidens best album is powerslave and i saw them in 1988 < wow what a show!...But...i like paul dianno better and just listen to him singing strange world,from their first album,sorry,to my ears,hes the better singer and their first drummer clive burr blows mcbrain out of the water...Strange World - 1980 - Paul Dianno vocals > www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am that old I remember that awesome album when it was released. I couldn't afford it but my friend bought it. Makes me feel ancient, it's an antique now innit. I think I'll cry over that now.

edit on 3-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by blocula

I am that old I remember that awesome album when it was released. I couldn't afford it but my friend bought it. Makes me feel ancient, it's an antique now innit. I think I'll cry over that now.

edit on 3-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)
I really like the art work for their powerslave album,with that massive egyptian styled pyramid thats at least 1,500ft tall and one of the best songs they ever made is on that album, rime of the ancient mariner and its 13-1/2 minutes long.To me bruce harris is easily the best bass player ever and a really good lyricist.My favorite artwork of iron maiden is their live after death album from 1985,that shows eddie bursting out of his grave at night while being struck by lightning...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Even Bruce admits that Clive Burr was the better drummer. But Clive had personal issues and had trouble with the touring schedule of Maiden. He has since been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Maiden has remained on good terms with Burr, and have done a series of shows which were fund raisers to help him pay his medical bills.

For the record, Clive Burr is wheelchair bound now and can no longer play at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by blocula

Even Bruce admits that Clive Burr was the better drummer. But Clive had personal issues and had trouble with the touring schedule of Maiden.
I have always heard and read that,but if you look up clive burr on wikipedia,he joined other rock bands shortly after he left iron maiden,so whats the "real" reason why he departed? He suddenly didnt want to tour the world as the millionaire rock drummer for a very famous, groundbreaking and successful rock band? en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeah...he left initially for supposedly "personal reasons." IDK how much animosity if any there was there. He has been at some of the benefit events Maiden has done for him. Maybe he really did have the sudden success of Maiden hit him hard and drag him down. He recovered enough to do a few stints with some other bands.

I honestly don't know. In that Wiki article you linked it says both Bruce and Adrian Smith saying he was the better drummer. IDK...that's what happened with John Rutsey, the original drummer of Rush. The fame and success and touring after their first album was too much for him. He remained friends with the band afterwards though. Had he not left though Rush wouldn't be here today. I have no doubt about that. But like I said...I really don't know for sure why he left.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Seriously listen to clive burrs drumming on the first three iron maiden albums,hes a powerhouse of speed,timing and control and check out iron maidens concert and tv show footage from their early years with paul dianno as voclist "thats my favorite band ever" and they were a couple of years before metallica and the original iron maiden were a metal/punk band filled with rage,unmatched instrumental virtuosity and incrediblly deep and meaningful lyrics...Totally intense...The ides of march 1981 - Iron Maiden > www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I think that iron maiden was better with their original singer paul dianno,just like i think that ac/dc was better with their original singer bon scott...

Iron Maiden "Running Free" Paul Dianno Vocals-Top Of The Pops-1980 > www.youtube.com...

I dont know how anyone can watch the early 1980's Iron Maiden,listen to Paul Dianno singing in that video and still say that Bruce Dickinson is their better singer and watch and listen to Clive Burrs drumming and still say that Nicko Mcbrain is their better drummer...No way...Imo...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As much as I like Dianno in the old days, I don't think he can hold a candle close to Bruce. I still like them both though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

When i listen to the first 2 iron maiden albums with paul dianno singing "Iron Maiden"-1980 and "Killers"-1981 and then listen to bruce dickinson singing on the next few albums,i dont hear bruce singing anything in any way that paul couldnt have done and already did just as well and even better because not only did paul have a great voice with range and power,he also had a badass,shirtless,studded leather,rage filled punk/metal additude,stance and sound,which was completely lost when bruce joined the band...

Just like more or less the same thing was gone from ac/dc when bon scott died...

Iron Maiden..."Phantom of The Opera" -1980,...Live at The Rainbow > www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by blocula

Even Bruce admits that Clive Burr was the better drummer. But Clive had personal issues and had trouble with the touring schedule of Maiden.
I have always heard and read that,but if you look up clive burr on wikipedia,he joined other rock bands shortly after he left iron maiden,so whats the "real" reason why he departed? He suddenly didnt want to tour the world as the millionaire rock drummer for a very famous, groundbreaking and successful rock band? en.wikipedia.org...

Many people have done that, just left and gone to smaller bands that don't tour so much.

Maybe they also kicked him out thanks to his problems? Remember the most famous case of that happening? We ended up with Megadeth.

Clive was better but to me, Maiden is Maiden regardless.

Bruce is a much better singer than Paul but regardless of the lineup, they still rule.

It'd be like saying only one lineup of Motorhead was good when to be honest, like Maiden, their sound never changed but they still remain relevent and iconic.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who is looking forward to their new tour this year? I hope to catch it. if I can win tickets for free from a radio station

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanvoid
Who is looking forward to their new tour this year? I hope to catch it. if I can win tickets for free from a radio station
I saw iron maiden march 30th,1987 at the providence civic center in rhode island and they were really loud and very intense.It was a science fiction themed stage show for their album somewhere in time...
edit on 8-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join