It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First set photos from the ‘Star Trek’ sequel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
First set photos from the ‘Star Trek’ sequel

The first photos from the set of the sequel to 2009's "Star Trek" have leaked, and from what we can see it looks like it will be just as action-packed as its predecessor. What's more, the shots give us the first look at the villain from the film currently in production.

The photos show Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana returning to the roles of Spock and Uhura, along with new cast member Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays their still-unnamed adversary. The actors were photographed while they rehearsed and shot a fight scene on a large exterior set in front of a green screen (the background will be added in later digitally).

Woot..

something to look forward to..

Now if we can just get a new trek television series..
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Awesome!

I personally would love to see a new Trek series set during the inbetween era...the hundred years from TOS/movies to TNG.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
Awesome!

I personally would love to see a new Trek series set during the inbetween era...the hundred years from TOS/movies to TNG.

That would be cool.. I have seen a few articles talking about the possibility of a new trek series. The response so far has been slow however the license holder / former producers have stated its been to long without a star trek show on the air..

Hopefully it all works out..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And I am sure some one said it had been to long with out a st when TNG came out, and look how well that was it launched a franchise that still makes money.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sweet, I was hoping for a sequel. I still hope STNG has one more movie in them too. Ya know the last I heard on a new series was that Seth MacFarlane was a big fan, and wanted to bring the show back because tv needs a show like that. At first I thought "NOOOO," anyone but Seth, but after hearing him speak on various occasions, I realized he is a very bright dude and he is passionate about ST and would continue to make the show in the same spirit as NG, serious sci-fi. We know he's got the clout to do something like this, but man you know what will determine the success of a new show? The choice for the captains role.
I wonder if anyone is considering a spin off ST show with the actors from Abrams ST movie? They seem to have a good chemistry, but may not want to get locked into such prominent characters.
Here is an article about Seth's consideration:
trekmovie.com...

Make It So,
spec

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I want tribbles, green harem women and Spock playing his electronic stringless harp. Perhaps, a combination of stories to be told and more light-hearted humor introduced. I miss the old camp of ST.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

I think your forgetting Enterprise, went on for 4 seasons and stuff. It didnt receive good ratings and the show was pulled.

Been watching it on netflix or at least i was, it a good show, i just dont think the trekie community was ready for it. Being so used to generations

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It is nice to see Zachary Quinto again. I thought his career would take off after 'Heroes' and 'Star Trek', but this is the first I have seen of him since 2009.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hope Captain Kirk(William Shatner) this time will be part of it

love the first movie .. cant wait for the sequel

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The original old Star Trek can't be beat.
TNG wasn't bad, but everything afterwards was mostly a disappointment, despite the producers slapping the name 'Star Trek' into the titles

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Hope Captain Kirk(William Shatner) this time will be part of it

love the first movie .. cant wait for the sequel

If wishing made it so... Although with the time line changes it has opened the door to that possibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I would think the opposite. Voyager and Enterprise were not that long ago. Problem? After TNG they cranked out Voyager and then Enterprise.

Enterprise had all the makings of a great show, but fans needed a break. That and I think the 80s rock ballad theme turned a lot of people off.
A lot of fans blame Berman for cranking them out too fast.

I don't think fans are ready for another series yet.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pteraductile

I think they brought the green harem women back on Enterprise with a twist.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Seth is a known huge ST fan. He actually cameoed on Enterprise.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would actually like to see a rebellion series, with Wes Crusher leading it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I would actually like to see a rebellion series, with Wes Crusher leading it.

Now there is an interesting idea...

A series based on the mirror universe..
edit on 5-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

And for the record, I had this idea long before Firefly came out. But same premise, that their was a rebellion against Starfleet.

top topics

join