It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the colonization begin : Germany sends 160 tax collectors to Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Here is the view of a German citicizen:

The greeks (the Government) sneaked into EU and EURO by lying about their financials years ago. Now they need help and we are willing to help them out with billions of Euros. (Of course its not only because we like greeks, its because they messed up the system.)

Since months you hear agressions against germans (the people and government).
They photoshop A. Merkel(Chancellor) posing as Hitler and J.Schäuble as the devil in person and do demonstrations against the evil germans. They make holocaust jokes about us in the media.

The greek people are protesting because they dont want to change their way of spending money.
I think its because they lived in a dream like state because the Greek Government lied all the time to them.
Now they are waking up and they are angry. Its not their fault in first place.

What I do not understand is why are they mad about germans? Because the EU wants to dictate them how they should proceed with the money? Its the money from the people of the Europe Union in fact. You dont lend money to someone that do not want to make sure it can ever be paid back.

+80% of the people in Germany think that its wasted money (our economy suffers, too).

Now the President of Greek is bitching because J-Schäuble (Financial Minister of Greek) told his concerns about the whole thing, accusing J-Schäuble of insulting his country. Today, the Government of the Greeks announced that they should not buy things that got imported from Dutch and Germany. How about doing the same to greek products in Germany and Dutch?

STOP!
Who were the one´s lying about their financials when joining the EU?
Wich country is the corruptest state in the EU?
Who insulted us for being "Nazi like"?
WHO NEEDS THE HELP?

And now they are mad about us (the german people).

For my opinon, I would not lend a dime to the greeks. Let them suffer like they obviously want to and give them chance to do it on their own. If you want to get money from someone, you better give him a nice treatment and a plan to pay it back.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
2. The ``lazy greek`` work 20% more than anyone in Europe. 42hres compared to 35hres/week in France and Germany.

For what I know, everyone in a fulltime Job here works at least 38.5 hours per week and more (40+).
They work 42 hours now, because they need to. Thats a difference.

Calling the greeks lazy is wrong. I would call them betrayed by their government.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

As a fellow countryman, and while I agree with your stance in general, I also have to remind you of the articles in our own Bild and Focus newspapers, improperly depicting the Greek as the lazy beggars of europe.

Certain media outlets on both sides resorted to the unfitting methods of tabloid "journalism".

Originally posted by verschickter
What I do not understand is why are they mad about germans?

This is orchestrated to distract from the real "enemies". It's a kansas city shuffle.

Point a finger at someone outside, so no one looks at the corrupted oligarchs within.
The old nazi-card just works much better than to put the blame where it's due - the troika and the centralist scum in brussels.
edit on 27-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

You'r most likely right about the Greeks being hostage by their government, why should they be any diffrent than other European countries?

Thursday or Friday the Fiscal treaty is to be signed in Europe without national refferendums, even thou a majority of the populations in multiple countries demand it.
As an example: It's treason against the Danish constitution if it is signed without a refferendum, because we clearly give away souvereignity. Our government and their "jurists" excuse for avoiding a refferedum is the following: "There will allways be a majority in the Danish government who will follow the fiscal demands from EU, therfore we do not give away any souvereignity". ......I can't even begin to comment on such ignorant statements

I hope Greek is the beginning of the end of the current version of EU, my personal wish is going back to EF and the free markets without a union.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
We were ALL (US as well) betrayed by the banking elite and those in power including the people who cooked the books to get Greece into the EU in the first place. But do you honestly thing the EU puppeteers weren't aware of the true situation?
What's going down now is a scam of epic proportions.
Greece should have followed Iceland's example. Just listen to Max Keiser on the whole sorry situation.
rt.com...
edit on 27-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Same here in Germany.

Our constitution clearly states that we the people are the highest political body, the sovereign and ultimately the supreme political authority in our federal republic... yet our President of the Bundestag Norbert Lammert said a referendum is not necessary.

It also states that the german people have the right to resistance against anyone who undertakes to abolish the constitutional order, if no other remedy is possible.

Time will tell if our constitution is worth the paper on which it is written.
edit on 27-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I do not read/watch those articles from spiegel, focus and bild anymore. But you are right with what you say. It´s sad that they are the most buyed daily toilettpaper (BILD) and that in this way, they represent "germany" in such a bad light. They wrote missleading headlines and untrue things about the Greeks.

But they wrote true things, such as ongoing rent payments to people that died decades ago. The island of the blinds and so on. The greek people were milking their own system until it was to late. This, again is the fault of the government because they didn´t care.

Politicans make me sick in evey way I can think of.

reply to post by Mimir

EU was ok until the EURO came and they started to invite every country "just to get EU bigger". That broke EU´s neck. You danish people should stand up and fight if I understood you right and because its one of the highest treasons you could think of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join