It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm quitting my job, help me edit this letter to my boss!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not sure how it works in the US, but you are making some serious personal allegations, including on people's sex lives and your reference to "Ebonics" could be construed as a slur.
You're handing that all over in writing to boot.

Don't do this.
I'm just adding here to some previous advice from other members above, but stay professional and only do what is necessary.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Don't do ANYTHING in writing, it will come back and bite you in the a$$.

You can SAY stuff to her face. DO NOT put anything like that in an email. It will cause you a WORLD of trouble. It is on record FOREVER if you email it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by Frogs

It's not a resignation letter, it's a personal letter.

Whatever. It's incoherent. It's just a rant and you are being argumentative. As a narrative of your gripes it lacks cohesion and is difficult to follow exactly what your point is. You obviously have multiple issues here, but you let your own family life flow into it, which is irrelevant. The fact you have five mouths to feed is not the restaurant's fault, for example. It's your choice. Also, your numerous grammatical and spelling errors accentuate your incoherence. Perhaps they don't matter. If your correspondent is equally illiterate she won't recognize them, but they are there for posterity if you are trying to make a statement. Remember that if you send someone a letter, it becomes their property so they can do what they want with it. The last letter I saw like this was hanging upside down next to the toilet in a restaurant in Hawaii. This one could wind up on the Internet with a note: "This was sent to me by Jane Doe. You can see what she is like. Never hire her." I'm just guessing here, but I doubt you will be getting a good reference from her. That may or may not be important to your future, but the point is, right now you don't know.

Reading between the lines here it doesn't sound like you were such a hot employee. If a brand new employee can out-tip you three to one my guess is you weren't that good in serving your customers. Filling salt and pepper shakers is one of your issues? Give me a break. Your litany of issues is jaw dropping pathetic. It sounds like you let your emotions get the better of you. My guess is your employer is quite happy to see you leave. A "don't let the door hit you on the way out" kind of scenario.

The real issue here is what you want to accomplish with your letter. Right now the only thing it will accomplish is making you a dedicated enemy for life. You are about to turn someone who probably doesn't think too highly of you in the first place into someone who actively detests you. She may be exactly as bad as you say she is, but that's not the point. Remember that "friends come and go, but enemies accumulate." It sounds like you are accumulating enemies. You need to weigh the relative costs here of how good sending this letter will make you feel versus what damage it could cause for your future. The best thing for you to do is just move on. You don't have much time invested in this place. It's not like you are a thirty-year employee who has spent her youth on the place. Just move on.

One other issue you bring up is, "Where else can I make 150 dollars plus $3 an hour for five hours work?" That's a good question. You are making about $30 per hour, not such a bad wage. In fact, were you making that wage full time you'd be in the top 25%. But why are you worried? You claimed to have come into a large sum of money that means you don't have to work. Which is it? Sounds like a bit of a contradiction.

I know! I know! You won't like this response. But you asked for help. The question is, did you really want help or were you looking for confirmation of your feelings from your fellow travelers on ATS? There's a name for people who will rush to your side and tell you you are completely in he right and, yeah, go get that idiot! It's a co-dependant. Co-dependants are people who act like friends, but do you no good at all, but just support your bad behavior.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join