It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum's wife : his surge is the will of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

We're kinda getting off topic here, even by my standards...lol, but if the thread will permit, I'll answer that real quick by saying that no. I do not see this as any form of religious war. By EITHER side. Religion is what drives those holding the guns on the Arab side, true...but is religion what causes it? The other 1.2 billion Muslims on Earth who aren't out killing people and chopping heads off would stand as inarguable proof that this isn't, actually, a religious war at all.

Now..given the fact our enemy DOES happen to find their motivation in the same religion so MANY others find peace in, it would be foolish to invite the enemy right into our own halls of power on the ignorant assumption that we, as Westerners, can distinguish the subtle points that set a Jihadi apart from a devout Muslim. When the war is over...it's all moot. Until then, it's self preservation to say no.

Just my thoughts...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In this world GOD has a thousand names. For a Religionist a god by any other name is THE DEVIL!

One does not need g-o-d in order to have morals and integrity. It is not necessary nor even desired for someone to look beyond themselves to find higher values. That person is lacking if those are not found within.

I don't want a leader whose own moral compass always points to God. When God is the direction on their moral compass they tend to go off in any direction they choose and it's always justified.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by Vitchilo

So after losing momentum and eventually losing the nomination, and or the election, is she going to say "this is gods will, and please fully support president and every policy he puts forward, as it surely must be god's will."

Seriously. OR satan led them asunder.........But yeah. Separation of church and state is a MUST-HAVE.
..And I'm Christian. But I can see how combining church and state has worked out for other countries.
Not so well in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm surprised Rick let's her speak in public, figured she be at home making babies or cleaning something!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sigh...this is the end product of decades long political building by the religious right. At first it seemed laughable, the GOP with help from the "moral majority" electing a POTUS in 1980 who had an astrologer in the White House (while a truly Christian moral man and family were kicked out). Then church goers were handed "voters guides" to tell them for whom to vote.

Now we have God telling political candidates (not just for POTUS) and their spouses to campaign for office. Now it's like God is some coach of a Republican team, ordering players into the game and taking them out when they're injured. Crazy.

Karen, if I might so humbly give some advice to you and any aspiring candidate, and you, being RC, would be familiar with St. Teresa of Avila, here is what she had to say about discernment:

"[I]n genuine locutions the soul seems to be hearing something, whereas in locutions invented by the imagination someone seems to be composing bit by bit what the soul wishes to hear. "

Oh, and one more thing for all you potential candidates hearing God tell you to run, I think the phrase is "from my lips to God's ears" and not "from God's lips to my ears."

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As long as ya man ain't tryin to pass Islamic (religious) law as de facto, then it i don't care. I'm ready to follow a ham sammich if it's gonna lead us to good times.

How old is the sandwich? What is it's policy on mustard vs. mayonnaise. What are his true thoughts about "wheat bread".

I was uh kiddin there. But i am serious on the first part

edit on 25-2-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why is it easier for the masses to believe in a god rather than the reality of greedy, powerful men affecting the world for their own means? Replace "God" with "TPTB" or "elite" and her statement works even better, but we'll be called the crazy ones instead won't we?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
But it was Gods will for Perry to run...
But it was Gods will for Bachman to run...
But it was Gods will for Cain to run...

I KNOW it's true, 'cause they said he personally told them so!

Why is "God" being such a flip-flopper?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

maybe god is the name of the Cabal/group that is running things.

They just trick us into thinking it's the name of the ultimate being/ which is really just all of us combined.

Tricky tricky.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just an observation from reading this thread (and many others). It is obvious that religion has been successfully politicized along with pretty much everything else. You can't have a belief or opinion on anything anymore without being labeled "this" or "that". Quite a nice job polarizing the masses by the elite, I would say.

Let's see who lays claim to what:

Religion; pro-life; anti-gay; pro-corporatism; anti-environment; racist... = Republican/Conservative
Atheist; pro-choice; pro-gay; anti-corporatism; environmentalist; not at all racist = Democrat/Liberal/'Progressive' (new branding)

Is that about right? That's how the media tells me what categories to put people in.

Of course that is just a sampling, but it shoves people neatly into a black/white paradigm that serves to divide everyone like the elites want us divided.

So here's where I fit into this cookie cutter divisive world:

Religious, fiscal conservative (small government), social moderate (for individual rights with respect to any 'cause', against government handouts for the lazy but not for those truly in need), environmentally conscious, not at all racist. What does that make me? I do not fit into the left/right illusion. I probably fit the profile of most Americans with a brain, if I were to guess.

The fact that candidates and their wives are suggesting that they have a hotline to God and they are doing His will just makes my eyes roll. These idiots apparently confuse religion with government, and we all know what happens when those get confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join