It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breastfeeding in Church? Get kicked out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem is not the mother breastfeeding in public their babies as this is actually a natural act.

But the problem is with the sick people out there than can not restrain their sexual desires

I take it that was directed to the pedophile priests, right?
edit on 25-2-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Where in the world does it say this woman is being dramatic? You nurse a baby a dozen or more times a day. Who is to say it just wasn't out of habit?
Or, it is often used to soothe the baby. So she was able to soothe the baby without having to get up and leave.

A woman should be able to nurse a child in church of all places. Doesn't the church want new recruits as soon as possible?

Funny how someone always manages to turn it around on the woman. I bet you think that a woman wearing a tight skirt was asking to be raped.
edit on 25-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am sure that God is thrilled with the preacher for demonizing the breast and nursing that God created to feed babies.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Funny how someone always manages to turn it around on the woman. I bet you think that a woman wearing a tight skirt was asking to be raped.

Stop this NON-SENSE NOW.

Making such FALSE accusations in a attempted
smear. CHEAP LOW BLOW. don't be a jobber.

This women has mental problems, she needs to have some RESPECT I guess
she does not know what that is.
edit on 25-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I for one say we need MORE naked breasts in public. The more the merrier!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That is because people, our society / civilization now equates the female breasts with SEX. Sorry, they are mammary glands and meant to breast feed babies milk and not really meant for men to oogle and grope.

We have perverted that which is sacred, holy and natural into something obscene as usual.

The other day I saw a child about three at the doctor's office gently pat his mommy's bulging tummy and say softly, "I love you our little baby".

I couldn't help but smile. Mama was a little embarrassed and blushed, hurried and got their coats on but it was cute - it was what it was.

I am a artist (not famous) but the human body is beautiful when it is not dressed up like Lady Gaga or Madonna, and perverted into lizardry.

In native tribes they have none of the hang ups we have, none of them are on Prozac, Zoloft or any of the other drugs most of us are on.

I'm not saying everyone should run out into the streets and have one big orgy - but a mother, if knowing her baby is going to be hungry during church should maybe sit towards the back or pump some breast milk into a bottle for public use.

But, if one's baby is hungry and there is no bottled breast milk and no empty seats in the back or she prefers the front - well what is the harm?

Maybe it might be better for a child to see what the female breasts really were designed for vs. all the *rap they show on TV.

We see all the time, even on non cable channels the female breast used in manners that nature did not design them to be used for.................their main purpose was to feed our off spring.

We live in a very twisted society where people gladly allow their kids to see all the &^%$*& that is all over and yet put up a big stink when breasts are used for their natural purpose.

This is beautiful.

Just watching the Oscars................look at Jane Hathaways dress

www.strangecosmos.com... and if your kids watched the Oscars they saw about as much.

If anyone has taken their kids to the beach, supermarket, mall, anywhere...............you see women with very low cut blouses.........there are probably even women in church dressed "inappropriately".

There are also ways to breast feed (as I did with all three of my sons) in public that if you bring a thin blanket along and are careful you can breast feed in public without embarrassing anyone.

Strange society where we think women running around half naked on a beach or TV is okay, and all the comment made about breast and yet the simple and beautiful act of a mother breast feeding her child is picked on.

We at this point have a lot more serious stuff to worry about.

We're on the verge of WWIII, our planet is polluted and radiated almost to the point of no return, Human rights is non existent in much of the world, 27,000 people a day (mostly children) starve to death and here we have a post on someone simply breast feeding their baby.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Stop this NON-SENSE NOW.

Making such FALSE accusations in a attempted
smear. CHEAP LOW BLOW. don't be a jobber.

This women has mental problems, she needs to have some RESPECT I guess
she does not know what that is.
edit on 25-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Silly poster, if you are going to try to tell me to stop ding something with made up words like jobber, you don't make a hypoctire out of yourself in your second line,especially when 1) the post wasn't directed at you and 2) You obviously have no clue about the statement I am making. All you managed to do is make yourself look like a complete fool.

Since you obviously failed reading comprehension, I will explain it to you, since you did the same thing in your second line. The person I was actually responding too made the accusation that by nursing, the woman was being dramatic, In no way shape or form does the article say she was being dramatic. So the poster willfully tried to put the blame on the woman without any information or proof to the fact whatsoever. Which is an attempt to make the victim look at fault. Which is what people do when they want to put the blame on the victim. Just like people say women asked to be raped if they are attractive.

And I don't know who you are accussing of having mental problems, me or the woman in the story. But that can be construed of as a CHEAP LOW BLOW, without any basis.By someone who immediately has an emotional reaction to a response they don't understand whatsoever.

Now are you going to add something insightful or informative to the forum? Or just yell at people for the wrong reasons with made up words?

edit on 25-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just get the think Mrs. Dugger from 19 kids and counting has.
It's a pillow contraption to support the baby with a poncho that covers baby and mother.

Baby gets to eat, others can't see anything so they have nothing to complain about.
Hell for all anyone knows the baby is napping under there.

Everyone's happy problem solved lets move on with our lives.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, another case of people on both sides of the issue being WRONG again. On the one hand I agree with the mother and others that, breastfeeding shouldn't really be considered a lewd act or wrong, but at the same time I agree with the elders too, just because it's a natural act you shouldn't feel you have the right to do it anywhere you want, just because you can.

And it's a church, though supported by donations from the congregation, it's still private property and if the elders don't want to see a woman breastfeeding they are in the right to say no you can't, and then woman is free to go to another church or even start her own church if she desires.

She shouldn't go and try to change the law to get the right to breastfeed anywhere she wants even on other peoples private property, because that is just her, trying to further erode property rights, so she won't be inconvenienced and heaven forbid if anyone in modern society can't do anything they want anywhere they want or be inconvenienced in the slightest, even on other peoples private property.

Once, again the whole world looks like a gaggle of bickering morons.
edit on 25-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: addition

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
It's a pillow contraption to support the baby with a poncho that covers baby and mother.

Do you think this woman in church was not using a cover?

Do you really think she just whipped it out?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
okay, this woman wasn't nursing Jesus so your picture, eh.

The reason breast feeding is treated differently in the west is because our culture sexualizes female breasts. Plus we don't know the details like how covered she was or if she was sitting in the back. I think a little bit of decency goes a long way. You don't have to shove breast feeding in our face just because it's natural.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I honestly don't know.

I was just spit balling an idea that should shut both sides up.

Personally on the rare occasions I have seen mothers breast feed in public I have seen more not cover than cover up.

I really don't care either way I was just putting forth something that should make both sides happy.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by Annee

I honestly don't know.

I was just spit balling an idea that should shut both sides up.

Personally on the rare occasions I have seen mothers breast feed in public I have seen more not cover than cover up.

I really don't care either way I was just putting forth something that should make both sides happy.

Really? In America you see more women breast feeding uncovered - - then covered?

Here is a video interview of the mom. www2.wsav.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
just to add my little insult :

if a pastor / priest / minister - is incapable of delivering a sermon while a woman beastfeeds her baby , without being " distracted " - is he really fit to minister his congregation ?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I've probably only seen breast feeding in public maybe 5 times in my whole life if that many times.

Of that yes, more uncovered than not.

It might help to define "uncovered" as I understand it.

Not putting an extra blanket or cover over the baby just adjusting the shirt or whatever.

I'm also going to refrain from responding to you as best I can.

You are just fishing with troll bait for an argument and I won't give you the satisfaction.

All I tried to do was present a solution for both sides so everyone can move on.

If you don't like it and want to argue my experience instead of the merits of my idea oh well.

I'm done feeding the troll.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
breastfeeding is hot

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
If I can't eat in Church,

Why should that baby?

I'd say that's because you're a grown person and the baby isn't. But, I'm not that convinced by your response that you've matured either.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's amazing to me that people have a problem seeing an exposed breast in public. I mean how prudish are we in the west that we can't even stand that? Furthermore, why is it your right to not be offended?

It certainly isn't. Especially considering this function is used to nourish new born babies of all things.

~Tenth

Actually in most cases you don't see the breast at all. They cover it with a scarf that partially covers the baby's head. You don't see anything. This pastor is nuts. What would Jesus do? Not throw her out of the church.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Women should be able to walk around shirtless in my opinion

Really though men are aloud to show there chest off bare... why can't ladies? When you think about it... its not that big of a deal
edit on 2/25/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
What would Jesus do? Not throw her out of the church.

Jesus was breast fed.

Not in a restroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join