It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you working for free on Leap day 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yes people its that year we all know we have one day more on our calendar. and this rough year ahead with all the predictions and catastrophic prophecies ahead, I have to bring , other bad news and thats maybe some of us are working for free on Leap day?

The solar or tropical year does not have a whole number of days (it is about 365.24 days), but a calendar year must have a whole number of days. The only way to reconcile the two is to vary the number of days in the calendar year.

In solar calendars, this is done by adding to a common year of 365 days, an extra day ("leap day" or "intercalary day") about every four years, causing a leap year to have 366 days (Julian, Gregorian and Indian national calendars).

And thats one day you maybe wont be payed this year.... yes you probably donate this to the companies your all working for, as that is if your salary is based on 365 days of labor 21,75 days a month....?

In my country it will gain companies one hundred million Euro KA-CHING.....

So stay at home on 29 of February and don't use your holidays...

How's that in your country....?

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I suppose that would depend on whether you were working for a salary or hourly wage.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Yes. I am working for free. I am on salary, and I get paid monthly, so it doesn't matter if the month has 28, 29, 30, or 31 days, the pay is the same.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

If I don't call in, if I stay at home & vow to not use holidays or sick leave, then I will be in breach of contract.

For which the ultimate penalty is dismissal.

So no, I'll be working. Because I don't have the luxury of playing student politics with my employment contract.

It's interesting to observe, though, that the idle willbe paid an extra days social security.

How's that fair ?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Me too,Then you also did in 2008 that year counted 262 days, if we could collect all those days we not got payed by leap days , then some of us get maybe more then one week of loan payed ?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I really wonder how much money companies will gain by this year worldwide, got to be billions?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

It's interesting to observe, though, that the idle willbe paid an extra days social security.

yep they will have the benefit from this day..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
fortunately our timekeeping has a program that adjusts for that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I work hourly so its no difference to me, that being said if I was able to score a salaried position I would not be complaining as myself and most of my friends are stuck working multiple crappy jobs.
edit on 25-2-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm retired

No such luck for me. However my old business pays time and a half for holidays worked, salaried or hourly, doesn't matter, everybody is entitled to paid vacations or an up in salary for working holidays.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

you're right you can't take this from people and say the calendars work that way, but your case , you have earned it, enjoy your retirement

top topics

join