It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Vatican Bank allow an American Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Is the Catholic Church Ready for an American Pope?

In just a decade, Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York City, has risen from a local bishop to becoming a prince of the Catholic Church. He returned from Rome after receiving his cardinal's red hat and ring, like a rock star; a bevy of cameras and lights in tow.

Worldwide buzz around the newly minted Cardinal Dolan is that with his popularity, political savvy, and passion for the church, the question is being raised as to whether he could be the first American pope.

And it's more than just wishful thinking. "There is something qualitatively different about the speculation surrounding Cardinal Dolan in New York right now," John Allen, senior correspondent for the National Catholic Reporter, said.

Speculation about the next pope is rising. Pope Benedict XVI (Ratzinger) is in decline .. both with his health and his hold on the goings on in the Church. I should add the (not so nice group) of Cardinals are in open rebellion with him and are circling like sharks who smell blood. When Benedict dies (either naturally or being killed off by this group of banker-Cardinals), the next pope (according to some prophecies) will be the last.

The St. Malachy prophecy is something I didn't believe in until Ratzinger took the name Benedict. Then I started to believe it could be true. The St. Malachy Prophecy has the next pope being the last ... and the clue for this name is 'Peter the Roman'. (which I think will be the name the pope will take ... Pope Peter II )

Anyways, the speculation is around Cardinal Dolan of New York.
Wikipedia info on Cardinal Dolan

My take ... no American will ever be Pope. It is true that America's superpower status is gone. But the fact is that the Vatican is Euro-centric and anti-America. No matter how good a job Dolan could do - with his experience and language skills he could do a very good job - it won't go to him. The banking cabal within the college of cardinals will never go for it. They will want one of their own if at all possible. Or at least one that will turn a blind eye. Pope John Paul I was poisoned because he didn't look the other way. Pope John Paul II was allowed to continue because he was more interested in the members of the church rather than fixing the Vatican bank.

I had high hopes for Cardinal Arinzi being elected last time.
But alas ... it wasn't ment to be and I think his time has passed by.

Institute for the Works of Religion .. AKA - The Vatican Bank

The Institute for Works of Religion (Italian: Istituto per le Opere di Religione – IOR), commonly known as the Vatican Bank, is a privately held institute located inside Vatican City run by a professional bank CEO who reports directly to a committee of cardinals, and ultimately to the Pope (or the Camerlengo of the Holy Roman Church during a sede vacante). Since its assets are not considered property of the Holy See, it is not overseen by the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See, and it is listed in the Annuario Pontificio together with foundations such as the John Paul II Foundation for the Sahel, which provides funds for training people to fight drought and desertification in nine African countries. The current President is Ettore Gotti Tedeschi.

RELATED - some key players
The Popes Banker Speaks
An American Cardinal on the IOR - Cardinal Adam Joseph Maida, Archbishop of Detroit
Cardinal Attilio Nicora - member IOR
Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran - member IOR
Cardinal Telesphore Placidus Toppo - member IOR 0.
Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone - member IOR and Italian

edit on 2/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

I'm not a very visual guy. Could you explain a bit more clearly what point you are trying to make? I'm sure you had more in mind than "I don't like the current Pope."

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Jesus and the new testament is man made product by the roman catholic church, every Christian denomination is false.

You know millions have died for your love of the Pope.
edit on 25-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I dont see why it would, America is not a catholic country.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

My understanding is that in the past the Vatican has been reluctant to put that Spiritual power into the hands of a Worldly power. Conflict of interest, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

I'm honestly not trying to be a wise guy, but if everything is false, top to bottom, what difference does it make who the Pope is? I can't imagine that you would care in the least. For you, I would think, it would be like watching children fight over which teletubby is the best.

As far as everything being false, though. The people who lived in the first hundred years after Christ's birth didn't act as if it were false, or write as if it were false. I think they believed it all, and they were eye-witnesses. That's enough for me until I find sone very convincing evidence otherwise.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
I dont see why it would, America is not a catholic country.

That doesn't have anything to do with it.

Again ... the Vatican is euro-centric and anti-American but the question is, would the Vatican Bank, which is full of sharks and which makes the mafia look like boy scouts, allow an American Cardinal to be Pope? Dolan is a 'rock star' ... he is very talented, he has a lot of experience, and he is multi-lingual. Not to mention .. he's really healthy and strong. Would the sharks at the bank allow such a person to be pope? Would they knock him off or just move the players in such a way that he doesn't get elected?

It's all speculation of course.
But I'm wondering how this fella Dolan could be passed up ... considering his resume and all.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That has nothing to do with it?

Im pretty sure it does.

For the last thousand years every pope has come from a catholic country.

So im pretty sure the next one is going to come from a catholic country also.

As for being "euro-centric"

Is that a surprise?, considering this is where the most powerful catholic countries happen to be?, what with the Vatican being in Italy and all that?

edit on 25-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Germany is a Catholic country?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Massively so.

Germany used to be called The Holy Roman Empire.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
For the last thousand years every pope has come from a catholic country.
So im pretty sure the next one is going to come from a catholic country also.

For a long time the pope has come from Italy. That was the tradition ... he had to be Italian.
Pope John Paul II from Poland and Ratzinger from Germany broke that mold.
Germany isn't a Catholic country
Cardinal Arinze is a highly favored potential pope.
He's from Nigeria .. which isn't a 'Catholic country' either.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I did a thread similar to this. The next pope should be : THIS MAN - Peter Turkson

Of course, we can't know this now, but we do at least know his mission. We get this from two sources.

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Petros is the small stone that will be movable. It will be rolled away when Babylon is destroyed. Before this happens, we know what the prophecy says. There is coming a time of trouble (Tribulation) and Peter is due to feed the sheep when he tries to repent.

Peter denied Christ three times and used the World's wisdom. For doing this, Jesus said, "Get behind me Satan." This is key to understanding how Jesus revealed these truths.

LINK 112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end. Possible Video of Pope 112

To know why this is true, we need to visit the parable of Jesus with Peter when the disciples caught 153 fish.

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter,“Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?”

He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

Why 153 fish?

According to Pythagoras, 153 marks a mathematical ratio called "The Measure of the Fish." In an article about 666, I stated that we can calculate a generation by taking the precession of the earth (26,000 years) and divide this by the degrees of a circle. The answer comes out as 72.2222. The age of Pisces is the age when mankind will change according to many traditions. This is a time when the earth completes it's precession. The ratio of the measure of the fish is 1:1.415, or the numerical value of the square root of 2. This is defined as the symbol for the ideal value between unity and multiplicity (singularity).
LINK

Unity in Christ cannot be accomplished by the divisions and private associations of man. Before Peter met Christ on the shore, Jesus told them they were fishing on the wrong side of the boat (Truth). After this, Peter was asked three times, "Do you love me?" Jesus said this in relation to the "Experts" in the law:

A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah. Matthew 16:4

What is the sign of Jonah?

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth". Matthew 12.40

Do you still not get it?

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Three days is three thousand years. Peter (Church of Rome) is hoarding the wealth and making themselves the one served rather than the one serving.

Go back to the verse above:

18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

When you were young, you were a servant. When you are old, you are served and have made yourself the prince. Babylon will be destroyed due to the error. Feed the sheep and repent.

LINK 112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end. Possible Video of Pope 112

We ask the same question here of Rome? Do you love Jesus or yourself? Then feed the sheep and get rid of the wolves in the sheep pen! Bring justice to those you have dishonored. The next Pope may very well be from Africa where the sheep are starving and mistreated.

edit on 25-2-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

Jesus and the new testament is man made product by the roman catholic church, every Christian denomination is false.

You know millions have died for your love of the Pope.
edit on 25-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

And One died for the salvation of all.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

"The US Catholic population is currently 77.7 million."

The United States has the fourth largest Catholic population in the world, after Brazil, Mexico, and the Philippines.

en.wikipedia.org...

Whew! I'm just glad that number didn't come to 66.6 million in the U.S.!

new topics

top topics

join