It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The London Anti-Christ urban legend

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
still been talkin to frank,asked him if he still needed a courior pigion,he said I need someone to carry a message for me.

'..for the wages of Sin are Cos and Tan.'

has something do with angles of a triangle dont get it

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya12368

Let me elaborate on it : "for the wages of Sine are Cosine and tangent"

hmm. geometry puns. methinks we've been had.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh you got that message!

A few people on 4chan said they got a response similar to that.
Interestingly there was a weird synchronicity surrounding the comment (Probably a set up by 'Frank' or the Frank copycat)

Story goes like this:
There is a popular meme on 4chan paranormal, some sort of female character called /x/tan:
cosamo.deviantart.com...

The character was created by somebody on Deviant Art named Cosomo..

Some Anon on /x/ claimed (As is quite common on this board) that they were trying to create something called a 'tulpa', (Which is some sort of spiritual yogi thing I don't know) But it is a popular practice on X especially for 'newfags' (Newbies)
Anyway this particular person claimed to have tried to make a tulpa of X-tan, and half imagined a ghostly figure of her when she whispered in his ear 'My name is Cos not tan' then apparently turned into a man.

This is most likely another prank by the Frankcopycat on 4chan who is trying to stir up hype around the urban legend. But you can see at least some more depth in the comment. Very interesting.

You know i'm surprised so many people are claiming to get responses from this email? No one I know has got a response in two years.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Certainly some obscure pranking going on.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thefalseprophet

Very interesting urban legend, star and flag for you friend.

Also, everyone that emailed Frank and got a response, I love it. I'm kind of surprised since it was a couple years old, but awesome.

Now on to what I actually wanted to say to you OP - Thanks a lot for that Jodi site... and the person that pointed out the bomb drawings hidden on the site. I'm still trying to realign my circadian rhythms after spending days trying to decipher 8-3-11 ...here we go again...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'll be back for this. Sounds interesting. Thanks for posting OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I never received a reply.

But the Sine Cosine Tangent stuff. Well, that ties in with the Darko too.

Also, I'm a bit spun out. If someone had been looking through my browser history for the last three days, they would have noticed that my attention is split between Pythagoras and the spooky end of Tibetan Buddhism. Synchronicity is unrelenting lately.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Relentless, I say!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
An (no doubt apocryphal) account of a man creating a Tulpa, and the subsequent fallout. Good stuff.

creepypasta.wikia.com...

Another tie-in with the Darko: Frankie Bunny functions as Donnie's Tulpa.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

25-24-43-43/32-54-/11-42-43-15

only jokeing
edit on 29/2/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow. Great research! i would never have thought of that. But now you put it that way,... I suppose it does sort of tie in.

The Frank bunny is sort of like a tulpa in Donnie Darko I guess, except Donnie's tulpa comes from the collective unconscious rather than his own unconscious.(or something)..

All very deep stuff. I'm more confused and enthralled than ever before.

How do you tie the Sin, Cos, tan stuff to Donnie Darko? I suppose 'tangent universe'?
And also what research have you been doing about pythagorus and tibetan budhism? I would love to know?

This is getting quite exciting. I'm glad I shared the story with the great brains of ATS, feels like real detective
work now!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have to say.
(Although I do realise i'm probably really obsessively connecting the dots here.)

But the bomb plans from JODI also have an eerie Donnie Darko resonance.
That whole Jet engine thing in Donnie Darko always confused me.. But as a Euphemism for a bomb there seems to be something more to it..

I think i'm probably letting my conspiratorial mind get the better of me though...

I think were probably all reading way too much in what is most likely some sort of small scale hoax.
It's fun to speculate about though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I got confused. Was that using the Polybius square?

I tried to translate it but got 'Wroo Hu Aiov' (I think I must be doing it wrong)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thefalseprophet

1abcde
2fghi/jk
3lmnop
4qrstu
5vwxyz

2down5across=k but i know your only kidding
edit on 29/2/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
haha.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I guess as usual this mystery is not going to go have any solid leads.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What a great thread. The urban legend is what horror films and great fiction are made of. (I hate it when I end a sentence with a preposition.)

I know a lot of people have been emailing the Frank character. Is it possible that maybe the email account was hacked? The responses don't seem particularly clever from the Frank end of things. Somehow I can see a person hacking the account and sending copycat emails. Although, some of the responses were interesting, specifically the cosine, tangent, and sine response.

Or perhaps that's as clever as Frank will ever get as the urban legend exaggerated the type of responses the Frank sends. Maybe he meant just to be a prankster and instead wound up with a lot of conspiracy fiends hounding his email account.
edit on 3/1/2012 by MissDirtySouth because: Grammar, Clarity, & Word Choice

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That's a good theory. I hadn't thought of that. But it makes a lot of sense. Maybe the account got hacked.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested:

My friend managed to track down this from an old forward. Not 100 percent sure if it is genuine or not, and can't verify the source. But for me it is a great find. Because I have been trying to find articles about this for a long time.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Haha wow.

Apparently there are rumours going around now that Frank is an alien trying to contact humans through a secondary means of communication:

boards.4chan.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The tuning fork rings in widening ripples.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join