It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The London Anti-Christ urban legend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Have you ever heard the legend that you can contact an illuminati agent/antichrist figure named FRANK, at the address [email protected]?

Well I know the true origins of this urban legend, it's the legend that I based my user name on, and the thing that got me interested in conspiracies in the first place.

It's an old conspiracy now, and i'm not sure how many of you have heard it. But I hope you enjoy it if you haven't.

To start off i'll explain that I was born and raised in London, England.
Roughly five years ago there was a job posted on an English production jobs website called 'Mandy.com' (In fact I think there were two jobs posted 1 year apart from each other) .. With the subject line that read 'Idle Hands wanted for mysterious Job' or something to that effect. The job ad was quite vague but basically outlined that a new magazine called 'The False Prophet' was opening and they were looking for creatives of all varieties.'

Anyone who has worked in the creative and production industry, or as a writer will know how competitive the industry is, and how difficult it can be to find work. (So given that this was a paying job, you won't be surprised to hear that a great proportion of the population of the London creative industry sent their resume to the email provided ([email protected]) the contact on the posting was for someone called Frank.

A few months after the ad was posted rumours started circulating through chat rooms and blogs that people had experienced strange things whilst being recruited for the job. Applicants were allegedly put through unorthodox methods of recruitment. They received cryptic messages and their responses were often sent to other applicants, creating a strange scenario where applicants were in direct contact with each other without actually meeting the other person, or the recruiter. (Whilst I can't attest to the truth of a large proportion of the latter rumours, I can state certainly as fact that (a) This job ad existed - because a friend of mine who is an illustrator applied for the job, and (b) It's true that there was at least some form of pranking happening in relation to the ad - because my friend was put through some strange ordeals himself.

Through rumours the story gained it's own level of embelishment, and it's certain that many stories were fabricated or hoaxes, so the line between what actually happened and what is fictional remains unknown. My friend was told to write a slanderous review about another applicants work, and then received a slanderous review from another applicant about his work. Then he was given the contact details of the applicant and told to ring him up and destroy him psychologically if he wanted to get the job. This is where my friend opted out of the process because he found it too disturbing. But the stories spread amongst shoreditch trendies, on blogs and on facebook claimed that some people were called out to interviews at strange hours, only to find that no-one was there, or that cryptic symbols or pictograms had been left at the address provided. Some claimed that people entered buildings in Old Street for an interview, only to be locked in with the lights off and messed around with psychologically. Some claim they were told where to find a weapon and an order to kill somebody of importance, or people were given maps and told to drop parcels off to certain locations (Fueling the post tube bombing paranoia).. There are even some stories of people claiming to have been tortured in a mimickry to the saw movies.. Or to have seen a dead body at the location provided, only to have it missing when they reported it.

At some point the stories got tied in with the hysteria surrounding the film Donnie Darko. People claimed that if you navigated to a certain point in the Donnie Darko website:
www.donniedarkofilm.com...
Then a message came up which said 'To get to level three you must find the book of the key and the lock'.. (I think there must have been other messages circulating at the time about level two (maybe level two was contacting Frank i'm not sure).. In any case the stories got slowly embelished until the email address came to be known as the address of some contact within the illuminati, or even the antichrist himself.

So it gained a bloody mary type of reputation.. Where people claimed that if you sent an email to Frank at [email protected] then strange things would start happening to you.. Or maybe you would get initiated into the illuminati.

The hype died down for a while, but just recently it seemed like the hoaxter had returned, as someone had claimed on a thread in the 4chan /x/ paranormal thread that if you typed the first paragraph of genesis into the strange art project website JODi.org:
wwwwwwwww.jodi.org...
Then a message popped up which said 'It's time to contact Frank again'...

The email address resurfaced and many people were trying to contact the address again to see if the events were linked. One anonymous member emailed Frank on behalf of anonymous to see what would happen:
images.4chan.org...

Some time later another anon claimed that he had found this message on the JODI website:
images.4chan.org...

Hysteria grew for some time, and it was then that someone noticed a post in another /x/ thread regarding occult books, where someone had posted a message that their Uncle's friend had a very cool Occult Book in his house which was extremely rare and planned on going around to his house in order to photocopy the pages whence he would return and post it. The books name? You guessed it 'The book of the key and the lock' apparently alternatively titled on the inset 'The book of Loki' or 'The book of Lucifer'..

After thorough investigation it is now believed that the poster of this occult book thread also posted artificial or photoshoped images from the JODI website and was responsible for both. Most likely a copycat of the original London pranks.

So that is all the information that I know about this. I have been trying to track down articles or blogs about the events but they are quite hard to find. Hope you enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Wow, that's one of the better ones I've ever read. Thank you for posting this.

Here's your book, maybe:

www.amazon.com...

Written by one Frank Gruber.

Shady shenanigans as Tommy Dancer, expert lock and key man, gets involved with the underworld in a scheme to rob a safety deposit box. Tommy pulls a double cross, one of his partners murders the other, the murderer is murdered, leaving Tommy as suspect as he keeps himself- and the loot- one lap ahead of the law.... Energetic rather than enigmatic.

Evidently Gruber was a buddy of L. Ron Hubbard. Here's a funny little anecdote from the site:

"One evening [in 1934], Frank Gruber [a friend of Hubbard and fellow pulp fiction writer], sat through a long account of his experiences in the Marine Corps, his exploration of the upper Amazon and his years as a white hunter in Africa. At the end of it he asked with obvious sarcasm: 'Ron, you're eighty-four years old aren't you?'

'What the hell are you talking about?' Ron snapped.

Gruber waved a notebook in which he had been jotting figures. 'Well,' he said, 'you were in the Marines seven years, you were a civil engineer for six years, you spent four years in Brazil, three in Africa, you barnstormed with your own flying circus for six years... I've just added up all the years you did this and that and it comes to eighty-four.'

(Hubbard) was furious that his escapades should be openly doubted. 'He blew his tack,' said Gruber. He would react in the same way at the [American Fiction] Guild lunches if someone raised an eyebrow when he was in full flow. Most of the other members expected their yarns to be taken with a pinch of salt, but not Ron. It was almost as if he believed his own stories."

So, when do I get my Level Three keycard?

edit on 25-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: L. Ron sure does pop up in the oddest places...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Somehow, I sincerely doubt that's the book this mysterious "Frank" was referring to, if indeed he was responsible for the message on that website.

Most likely, it's some sort of occult book. But I don't see how you get to level 3 without some way to enter a code...?

Who thinks I should e-mail this "Frank" and see what happens? I might be willing to be the guinea pig of this project...just to satisfy my own curiosity.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow nice find.

It doesn't seem to mean anything though. But at least you've found a book with the same name. I had been searching for the full title and had been unable to locate any such book. Thanks.

Don't know if it is connected at all, or if the author of the pranks had any knowledge of a real book at all so who knows. Could all just be designed to make it sound like a real book.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That was one of my thoughts. The author's name (Frank) and affiliation with Hubbard made it smell like High Strangeness to me. If nothing else, it might be a hoaxer's cute little way of signalling that the seeker is being messed with.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm on the Donnie Darko site, and I've reached level 2...unfortunately, it isn't allowing me an opportunity to present the hard-won password.

This is a screwed up site, but very interesting, and I want to proceed...so let me enter the freakin' password!

Any help?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What do you mean you have reached level 2 exactly?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'm sure you're correct. There must be an element of cryptography involved.

Where would you enter that information? Probably via e-mail. Which is why I think an honest-to-goodness actual book may be meant to be used as a Key.

More "Books of Lock and Key"

*Locksmithing guides.

*The Book of Lock and Key (which should be plenty esoteric for you)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefalseprophet
What do you mean you have reached level 2 exactly?

I mean that on the Donnie Darko site, you pretty much pay attention and interact with the links and stuff and you get to see various elements of the movie unfold...it's a gimmick, basically. However, I wouldn't put it past some creative techie to use that gimmick as a cover for something deeper.

With that said, there are various levels you can reach, each unveiling more of the movie. So far, the movie has turned out to be less than a mushy little coming-of-age story, and more of a cross between Paranormal Activity and Halloween, staring the evil version of Logan Lerman.

If you pay close attention it gives you passwords (or more precisely, says "Remember this" and carries on) for each level. I reached the first level, and the second level...but got stopped at the gate -

Never mind, it's because of the popup blocker. I'm in the second level now.

I'll let you know what I find...hehehe....
edit on CSaturdayam090900f00America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The production company responsible for the Donnie Darko website:

hi-res.net...

Very slick looking operation.

On the "level three is active" page, I have tried "pay attention, there is something I want you to watch.", "pay attention, there is something I want to show you", but no dice.

Yeah, you can get shunted through the clips, but there appear to be other "paths". That one page was a combo lock, I just know it. ON the page where you have the option of proceeding to level two, or learning more from the "book" to get to level three, the pattern made by clicking on the chapters of the books corresponds to one of the layouts of the words on the page I referred to as the combo lock page.

I'm mapping it, and will attempt to enter the phrase again, now that I have the right layout.

The phrase is "Pay close attention, there's something I want to show you."

edit on 25-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Agh.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Agh.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: The phrase.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The Jodi website is quite an interesting website to.

It would be interesting if there were any parallels between them.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The australian email address would have got my spidey senses tingling for a job in London anyway..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yes. I think you should email him. I would like to see what came out of it.

I have heard various stories of people emailing him. Sometimes they get no message. Or sometimes some sort of cryptic message.

When I wrote to the address I got an email which simply said 'And the syncrhonicities grow darker'

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hahaha...the Donnie Darko thing is wrong. The 3rd level is completely accessible...for those of you interested in find out what it is, the password is "rose".

There is no secret involved with the 3rd level of the Donnie Darko website. I have confirmed this. It is nothing more than an interesting puzzle promoting a movie.

Whether or not this "Frank" exists, he has not used the Donnie Darko website as a medium or messenger...at least not in the manner you have speculated at. In fact, I can see no connections to anything other than the movie.

Donnie Darko is a fruitless avenue of investigation regarding this myth.

Interesting thread, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Pretty cool.

If you choose "view page source" of wwwwwwwww.jodi.org then you get an ascii art picture of a bomb. Nuclear maybe?

edit on 25-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes. I think you should email him. I would like to see what came out of it.

I have heard various stories of people emailing him. Sometimes they get no message. Or sometimes some sort of cryptic message.

When I wrote to the address I got an email which simply said 'And the syncrhonicities grow darker'

What should I put in the email?

Also, when did you send the email?
edit on CSaturdayam595921f21America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That's interesting you should say that actually.

One of the members of anonymous emailed him on /x/ and asked him why the antichrist had an Australian email address and apparently received a reply saying..

'Would it make you feel more comfortable if the anti-christ had a physical location say somewhere...Down under..'

Pretty funny.. I laughed when I heard that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This will be even funnier. Here is the email I sent...

Hello, I am a representative of Light Bringer International, for the Midwestern Branch of the United States of America. I am contacting you confirming your identity as the commonly known "Antichrist". Additionally, we would like request that you register with our organization as the potential monarch of the world.

Light Bringer International is an organization funded by private gatherings where members and potential newcomers will donate to our cause, allowing us to amass the necessary funds required for broadcasting the ascension of the Antichrist. We have many potential candidates for the Antichrist, but only one will be chosen.

If you would like the chance to become the Antichrist, or to confirm your status as the Antichrist, please respond to this email as soon as possible, and I will assist you with the registration process. It is easy, free, and has no obligations other than a monthly check-in.

Monthly check-ins are established in order to confirm that you are alive and well, so that we can keep up-to-date on the current list of possible Antichrists. We prefer to maintain accuracy at all times, as part of our mission is to know at every possible moment the most likely man, woman, or child to rise as the Antichrist. In this way, we can be ready to glorify, worship, support and advocate the arrival, ascension, progress, and achievements of the Antichrist.

Once again, if you are interested in registering with our organization, please respond within 7 days of receiving this email. We will be waiting.

I should have sent a request for joining the Mormon Society, but I realized that after I sent it. I still think it's funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

'And the syncrhonicities grow darker'

I'd say they grow denser, myself.
I couldn't crack that lock, though I think I have the correct sequence of words and layout of nodes. Probably irrelevant anyway.

Okay, I'm mailing "him".

A shout-out to the other 23: your message made me flood my sinus passages with tea.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Haha. Brilliant. That's really funny.

I hope you get a response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join