It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school

www.therecord.com

A Kitchener father is upset that police arrested him at his children’s’ school Wednesday, hauled him down to the station and strip-searched him, all because his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun at school.

“I was in shock. This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is horrible - the criminalization of America in action...

The school principal, police and child welfare officials, however, all stand by their actions. They said they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to.

He was forced to remove his clothes for a full strip search, his wife was also taken to the police station, and three of his children were taken to Family and Children’s Services to be interviewed.

www.therecord.com (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The "gun" in question, they eventually determined, was a toy gun:

Gun leading to dad’s arrest was a toy

Sansone’s four-year-old daughter Neaveh had drawn a picture of a man holding a gun and said it was her daddy, triggering fears that the family home contained a weapon that was a threat to the children.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The people that run schools are ALL power hungry control freaks. At least in the USA, I can't speak for over seas schools.

They threatened me with arrest in the 10th grade because I wouldn't hand over my cell phone. I was such a rebel

“From a public safety point of view, any child drawing a picture of guns and saying there’s guns in a home would warrant some further conversation with the parents and child,” said Alison Scott, executive director of Family and Children’s Services.

Uhhhh what? I drew my dad guns when I was a little kid because I knew he liked them. How does that even warrant reasonable suspicion. Guns are everywhere in movies, TV, and even cartoons.

Why the strip search I don't get it?

How is owning a gun a threat to your children? I don't get it

edit on 25-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I believe this happened in canada---the guns there must be very dangerous
edit on 25-2-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Enormous effort has been invested in fear mongering among children, thus conditioning them for the fascist state that is being built.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
I believe this happened in canada---the guns there must be very dangerous
edit on 25-2-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

I believe you are correct.

That is insane. Even if it was a real gun and the child had no access to it does not mean that she had not seen it or been present when it has been shot. Just because she is around when the firearm is being shot does not mean she is in danger.

That is downright insanity.

Raist

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join