It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl Who Silenced the World for 5 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This video is immensley profound and I can't believe this is the first time I have even seen or heard of it, so I thought I would share. This was shot in 1992 at a Brazilian UN meeting

edit on 25-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And it's also been posted about 8 times.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
She says she speaks for The Environmental Children’s Organisation, and that they have raised all the money to travel 5000 miles to the UN themselves.

What a lovely way to spend charity money? I mean how wonderfully grown up!
And I do wonder if they knew about air travel being bad in 1992?

The videos language is very politically correct. It makes a few obvious points, and at the end of it just leaves me wishing her environmental group had focussed on including everyone, which would be a bigger lesson.
It might be for something important and everyone can agree on (like removing plastic pollution from the ocean) although saving their money to assist the next generation of nuclear reactors would remove far more C02 pollution from the atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If you scroll to the last post, there is a list of threads on this already.

Girl Who Silenced...

Good video none the less

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Her mother is writer Tara Elizabeth Cullis. Her father, geneticist and environmental activist David Suzuki

Hmm.. i wonder who wrote the speech then?

So can any 13 year old child just go and do a speech at the UN? How did she get in?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The biggest piece of environmental propaganda ever...and you missed it?

"Do it for the children" was at the top of its game back then. So overused that it has lost its effectiveness since.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The biggest piece of environmental propaganda ever...and you missed it?

"Do it for the children" was at the top of its game back then. So overused that it has lost its effectiveness since.

Propaganda? How do you figure?

I see a young girl who was genuinely concerned about things that are wrong with the planet that DO in fact, effect our CHILDREN.

Just because you dont give a FLIP about the legitimate concerns that she addressed, and anything other than your little world that centers around YOU only, doesnt mean what she says is "propaganda".

*SIGH*

Unbelievable some folks here are.

edit on 25-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

top topics

join