It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt something very cool today while it was storming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sitting in my car waiting for my next class, when all of a sudden I guess lighting struck close or was thunder. I didn't see it happen, but boy I felt it. Felt like it was an earthquake, My car literally shook and I thought it was going to drop right then and there. Weird feeling and I was like OMG. lol Holding on. Hmm, then it went away. I have never felt anything like that before. It literally felt like the whole ground was shaking and was about to open up and swallow me whole. Then the thunder noise followed and lasted a little bit. But that was a cool experience.

Anyone else ever have that feeling?

Post your experience!
edit on 25-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
this one time
when i used to deliver pizza for a living
there was this massive massive storm
and my delivery took my right into the heart of it
while i was parked outside the house
there was lightning striking the powerpole on the opposite side of the street
literally right across the road from me

it was so precise and regular i managed to time a photo on my crappy whatever phonecam i had back then
i would upload it if you wanted to see it
but will refrain from doing so now so as not to distract from the thread;

the whole relevance of my story is that while it was incredibly loud [and really scary walking back towards]
there was no shaking or rumbling or quaking of any kind
i do not mean to question you
but perhaps you experienced something other than lightning ;o

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've been around some close lightning strikes and didn't really feel any effect like that. Maybe your car was struck, or a pole above your head?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

oh cool. upload it if you can but, fiddle with it in photoshop shop This way doesn't give your GPS location away. If you don't know to do it send to me my email and private PM and I'll do it for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I think someone got hurt. Right after that then all the cops showed up going around the block. Their response time was less than 5 minutes.

Felt more like a wave on the ground.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I bet the lightening hit very close. I have had it happen before. A couple of times. Big lightning. Not just ball lightening. I was on a boat in Charleston once. Headed back to our dock.Using the canal between the rivers to access where we were going. This canal had a strong current. I was at the helm. Everyone else had gone below deck, but I had to stay out at the helm.

It's a busy waterway, and too strong a current to even try to drop anchor for a few until it had passed. And here I am 11 feet above the water line surrounded by metal. Then my entire body tingled. Just like electric shock. But less painful. Sort of like an electric orgasm for lack of a better phrase or way to explain it. Then I saw the bolt hit off the starboard side on the bank of the canal. Like 50 feet from me. A huge bolt. Then felt the shock wave a split second later. It was awesome and scary as hell all at the same time.

I wonder if the bolt you felt and heard today hit a house and caused a fire? But yeah..I do know that feeling you were describing. Incredible power of nature!

top topics

join