It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Law Students Couldn't Afford Contraception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
In testimony before a Congressional Committee, a law student at Georgetown had some interesting stories to tell.

The student was invited to speak by Nancy Pelosi.
(that alone raises suspicions)

The author of an article points to some reasonable questions and facts.

February 24, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Georgetown Law School student Sandra Fluke told the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on Thursday that a fellow female student at the law school-who is married--had to stop using contraception because she and her husband could not afford it.

But;

There are three federally funded Planned Parenthood clinics in Washington, D.C.--none being more than 3.2 miles from the Georgetown Law School.

"Just last week" Hmmm... what about last month ?

“Just last week, a married female student told me that she had to stop using contraception because she and her husband just couldn’t fit it into their budget anymore,”

But;

Yet, according to the Web sites of the three Planned Parenthood clinics located in Washington, D.C., condoms “cost about $1 each, but are sometimes available for free.”

"definitely documented" ??

“And some might respond that contraception is accessible in lots of other ways,” Fluke said on Thursday. “Unfortunately, that’s just not true.

“Women’s health clinics provide a vital medical service, but as the Guttmacher Institute has definitely documented, these clinics are unable to meet the crushing demand for these services,” Fluke said. “Clinics are closing, and women are being forced to go without the medical care they need.”
Story and Video
Testamony - under oath ?

The girl has that "look" -- the look of exaggeration and goat pleating IMO.

How do these students who can't afford birth control pay for eyeglasses, dental, and other general medical expenses.
Even cold and flu medicine over the counter is not all that cheap.

How about clothes ? and general hygiene items ? and computer stuff ? and transportation ? and cellphones etc. ??
or batteries for their headphone sets ? or entertainment ?

If students can't afford things in general, how about medicaid ?

What are the costs of birth control at regular prices anyway ?

This reeks of a Nancy Pelosi "Plan"

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What no jokes about tuition?

Yeah, back in my more naive days I got free condoms from Planned Parenthood.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm skeptical of her claims. As a student, she's eligible for all sorts of affordable services.

Heck, if she went to my university campus (in the middle of the bible belt) in the 90s, all she'd have to do was walk through the quad or the student center. She'd literally have had gazillions of people giving her free condoms. "No, thank you," only earned you crazy in your face behavior. People were practically bullied into taking free condoms.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I see a dangerous shift to what we'll see as "contraceptive rights".

Where someone will interpret the Constitution to include the Pill, rubbers, spermacides, and IUD's as inaliable rights.

What's next? I mean, if contraceptives bcome "rights" then having a sex partner must also be included in that as well, right?

This is just plain silly.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread had the potential to actually be interesting if you hadn't turned it into your own Pelosi smear campaign. Now it just seems pathetic.

Originally posted by xuenchen

And your personal and most likely slanted report of someone's expression has what bearing to all this?

How do these students who can't afford birth control pay for eyeglasses, dental, and other general medical expenses.

You do without.
Why do you even have to ask this question?

How about clothes ? and general hygiene items ? and computer stuff ? and transportation ? and cellphones etc. ??

Most likely that is why their budget is slim.

Stupid question, you do without.

Medicaid is only for children.

Expensive. Mine is 20 bucks a month with insurance.

What plan? Or are made up generalizations just your ats mojo?
Would this plan be affordable reproductive care or birth control for citizens and college students? OH the horror.

Since clinics are stressed and over funding, they may not be offering free anything. The DC area is insanely expensive, the students are probably spending every cent on just the basics.

The difference between last month and this month?

The huge increase in gas prices.

A lot of people are getting killed over these right now, myself included.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank God people like that are not reproducing. I say give them all the condoms they need just PLEASE use them.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Where someone will interpret the Constitution to include the Pill, rubbers, spermacides, and IUD's as inaliable rights.

What's next? I mean, if contraceptives bcome "rights" then having a sex partner must also be included in that as well, right?

The only reason someone will attempt to instate contraceptive rights is if your nutty
fundamentalist friends continue to use big government ploys to push their religious
beliefs on everyone.

The reason Civil Rights was taken up by government is because certain people used
the government to suppress other people.

It is action and reaction -

Tell your politicians to stop big government from entering into the bed room.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by beezzer

The only reason someone will attempt to instate contraceptive rights is if your nutty
fundamentalist friends continue to use big government ploys to push their religious
beliefs on everyone.

The reason Civil Rights was taken up by government is because certain people used
the government to suppress other people.

It is action and reaction -

I still don't get why you are defending an administration that clearly violates the 1st Ammendment??????

You talk about rights, only as long as those rights apply to just those that agree with you though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I suppose the old joke about lawyers applies to law students as well:

Do you know how to tell if a law student is lying?

Their lips are moving.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A law student at Georgetown can't afford birth control?...Abstinence is free. How does she pay for law school?
Tell her husband to get a better job.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

"Hey, Obama, stay out of my bedroom!"

How's that?

/TOA

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time understanding what her complaint is, can someone put it in 'nonsense for dummies' format?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread
I'm having a hard time understanding what her complaint is, can someone put it in 'nonsense for dummies' format?

Fluke, the lip moving law student from Georgetown who is a self professed "reproductive rights activist" - which loosely translated means she is pro-abortion and birth control - is testifying to show support for the recent Health and Human Services regulation regarding the distribution of condoms.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Because there are real medical conditions that a script for birth control is used for that is typically not covered by insurance. Conditions that can have a dramatic impact on a woman's ability to reproduce in the future. But as the typical Republican/Conservative viewpoint shows women are nothing more to them than baby factories anyway. Just look at this topic, it instantly turned into "how can you not get condoms easily?". No other consideration given other than a bunch of men that are virtually clueless about what women's health concerns and needs are.

Consider how exactly you would feel if one of your testicles developed a cyst the size of a peach or basketball and you had to have it removed because you couldn't afford the script to prevent it from happening? And that is despite the fact that when your busy playing with yourself your likely to feel it before it gets to that point. Women do not even get that luxury.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I could see how contraception could be a problem for a lawyer after all most sleep their way to the top instead of actually having any brains whatsoever.

Which it is apparent that the "Georgia Law Students" clearly lack to right sex is more important than getting that "higher education" planned parenthood was there.

But nope lefties scream at the top of their voices stay the hell out of their bedrooms!!!!

But wait pay for their condoms and pills!!

Ridiculous.
edit on 26-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
In testimony before a Congressional Committee, a law student at Georgetown had some interesting stories to tell.

The student was invited to speak by Nancy Pelosi.
(that alone raises suspicions)

The author of an article points to some reasonable questions and facts.

February 24, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Georgetown Law School student Sandra Fluke told the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on Thursday that a fellow female student at the law school-who is married--had to stop using contraception because she and her husband could not afford it.

But;

There are three federally funded Planned Parenthood clinics in Washington, D.C.--none being more than 3.2 miles from the Georgetown Law School.

"Just last week" Hmmm... what about last month ?

“Just last week, a married female student told me that she had to stop using contraception because she and her husband just couldn’t fit it into their budget anymore,”

But;

Yet, according to the Web sites of the three Planned Parenthood clinics located in Washington, D.C., condoms “cost about $1 each, but are sometimes available for free.”

"definitely documented" ??

“And some might respond that contraception is accessible in lots of other ways,” Fluke said on Thursday. “Unfortunately, that’s just not true.

“Women’s health clinics provide a vital medical service, but as the Guttmacher Institute has definitely documented, these clinics are unable to meet the crushing demand for these services,” Fluke said. “Clinics are closing, and women are being forced to go without the medical care they need.”
Story and Video
Testamony - under oath ?

Nancy Pelosi invited Fluke to make her look like a - victim -.

Liberals love to hide behind victims.

Thanks to Rush Limbaugh , now everybody knows about Flukes BS.

Now she is a national joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I could see how contraception could be a problem for a lawyer after all most sleep their way to the top instead of actually having any brains whatsoever.

Which it is apparent that the "Georgia Law Students" clearly lack to right sex is more important than getting that "higher education" planned parenthood was there.

But nope lefties scream at the top of their voices stay the hell out of their bedrooms!!!!

But wait pay for their condoms and pills!!

Ridiculous.
edit on 26-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Maybe Sandra Fluke should - abstain - from sex until she graduates?

The US taxpayer should not be forced to pay for her recreational activities.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Fluke, the lip moving law student from Georgetown who is a self professed "reproductive rights activist" - which loosely translated means she is pro-abortion and birth control - is testifying to show support for the recent Health and Human Services regulation regarding the distribution of condoms.

Sandra Fluke thought she could just sit there and catch softball questions from

Nancy Pelosi and just get away with it. Nice try.

Now she is a national joke just like Monica Lewinsky.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I suppose the old joke about lawyers applies to law students as well:

Do you know how to tell if a law student is lying?

Their lips are moving.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

They rolled out the red carpet for Sandra Fluke at MSNBC.

Then they orchestrated a phone call from Obama.

They are only making it worse. Everyone is laughing at her.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was just reading an article where Rush Limbaugh is apologizing to this pathetic person of a law student known as "Fluke". Limbaugh called her a name that has apparently caused him some troubles. His dirty epitaph aimed at Fluke may or may not have been inappropriate, but that Fluke appears to be an unabashed liar remains wholly appropriate. Fluke has placed herself out in the public eye and it very much appears she is lying and doing so to advocate a policy that many are upset over.

Law students that cannot afford to buy condoms? Fluke's a liar! This is a woman who aspires to become an officer of the court, and she has paraded herself in front of the public eye to confirm what most think of lawyers anyway...she is a liar!

new topics

top topics

join