It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

I certainly hope you are exaggerating...
All of you calling for things to be done to peoples food need to realize that's called “food tampering”, and in most states its a felony carrying up to 10 years in prison and a $10K fine.

Being a religious person myself, I'm fairly certain that these people who screw over their fellow man will get theirs in the end. After all, lets just be honest and say that no matter who these folks may worship as God, their real god is money. Suffice it to say that I am sure that the most frequent gripe in hell is going to be:
“but it wasn't personal, it was just business”...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

In the USA the waiters indeed don't make much money and solely have to rely on tips and they do expect to get a certain percentage or else they look at you really mad or make certain comments. They expect about 20% of the Bill!
I experienced it myself. Here in Europe it's different, nobody expects to get "tipped" a certain amount but are happy if they get something, even if it's just 10 cent. As you said in Asia, tipping is considered very rude.
Overall tipping shouldn't be mandatory and expected.

I find the picture hilarious, the tip is excellent: Get a real job.
Because in the USA the job of a waiter/waitress or working in a fast food restaurant (especially hilarious if those people are over 30 and still work at McDonalds) is for the absolute low-end of the society. High-School Dropouts, Retards, lazy people who sat on their fat asses instead of doing something with their life and then up with such a job.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Agreed. It shouldn't be expected. I worked in a pub as a barman. IF someone tipped you it was a flat rate 20p and thats that.

So in america what they are saying is that it is better to work in a place where the food price is high. so you WILL make more money from simply doing your job.

Shouldn't these people then take this into consideration when applying for jobs in the food service industry. TAKE A LOOK AT THE MENU PRICES before applying.

Here is a question for you. why do you not tip people that work at Mc Donalds or Burger King. They are still serving you food and drink.???

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Replying to your last line.

Fast food joints like McDonalds and burger king, their employees get paid minimum wage. waiters and waitresses get paid 1/4 or 1/8th of that.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
This is actually a win for the 99%
Because the next time he eats there, they will spit in his food.. Or worse hopefully.

a little crushed glass in his drinking water perhaps!!??!! ( evil
)
wow, seeing that makes me so mad. I just can't believe how hurtful people can be for no reason. It makes no sense...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
this has urbarn legend written all over it

wouldn't surprise me if this was a pure set up in the first place, and breanna was in on it

hey, this is a conspiracy site, right ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Feeling mighty self righteous aren't you? How dare you condemn anyone for working as a restaurant employee. And as for calling "retards" the low end of society. My little brother was a "retard". All he ever wanted was a friend. But people like you treated him like crap. After two men pulled his shirt over his head and dragged him into a Phoenix alley and took all his money and his watch, he lost his will to live and died before those dicks came to trial. Retards are not the low end of society. THEY ARE A GIFT FROM GOD TO TEACH THE REST OF US ABOUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

Many thousands of seniors are forced to work in fast food after "retirement" because they did not make adequate wages during their working life, or because the investments they made were stolen. My cousin's dad worked for GM his whole life, but ended up with no retirement because of the whole fiasco involving the auto industry which led to the govt. bail out. There are many reasons that somebody ends up in restaurant work and none of them are because they are the dregs of society.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Troll propaganda.

You have all been trolled and bought it, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven. I think that biblical qoute sums it up nicely for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this has urbarn legend written all over it

wouldn't surprise me if this was a pure set up in the first place, and breanna was in on it

hey, this is a conspiracy site, right ?

Star for you syrinx.

We have seen enough of this BS propaganda, on ATS over the years to know it's BS.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Get a real job? Why don't he get a real life.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I find the picture hilarious, the tip is excellent: Get a real job.
Because in the USA the job of a waiter/waitress or working in a fast food restaurant (especially hilarious if those people are over 30 and still work at McDonalds) is for the absolute low-end of the society. High-School Dropouts, Retards, lazy people who sat on their fat asses instead of doing something with their life and then up with such a job.

Have you even fricking lived in the US already or are you just trolling?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Where's Tyler Durden when you need him? Seriously, things like this are why people should stop making threads about how we need to "WTFU" from "the matrix" and actually go out and do something about these swine. The worker should have punched the banker, no job is worth passing that up.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
To the stiffer: You sir, probably not madame, are a slimeball.

Are you old enough to remember when non-service sector jobs were abundant in America? Starting in the 1980s, when Reagan's recession hit, retired senior citizens often took on fast food work to supplement their income, and, as corporations shed jobs/moved factories to Asia, ranks of unemployed turned to service sector self-employment or work.

By 2000 the service sector had taken over the American economy, with the financial service sector serving up "products" (used to be called services in my day), even as fast food workers were "building" hamburgers so as to be counted as "manufacturing". By 2008, many "real jobs" in America consisted of pushing home loans onto the 99% who couldn't/shouldn't afford them.

I have a relative who makes a good living as a server in a high class restaurant. He has over the years met a few people who stiff him, but I'll bet you take the cake for your absolute arrogance and Ignorance. The American economy has so callously dealt with and treated without dignity the American worker for decades, even to the point of stealing any wealth the 99% had at one time, and you, sir, are the symbol of this attitude and plunder.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Whether or not this particular incident is an urban myth or not, this stuff happens. I worked for 35 years as a waitress, and I have seen it with my own eyes. I have felt the sting of cruel and rude customers who's only purpose seems to make impossible demands and then laugh when they have put you to tears.

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by windword

Seriously???? That is INSANE!. OK I get the point why you're all so pee'd off about this. But look at this another way.

Mr 99% saves up for months to take his wife to a nice restaurant for their anniversary, he has enough for a nice meal and wine and its a lovely evening. the bill comes then shock horror he forgot to save the tip also. So he pays the bill and red faced leaves.

Now, he can never return or his food will be spiked with spittle, urine or excrement.

or he will be chased from the places and attacked, abused, or assaulted.

The reason being the waiter get paid below minimum wage, and no has to pay tax based on the cost of food hhe customer ate, and not enough extra was left to cover this (even though sales tax would have been included in the bill) and a little extra to supplement their wages.

Seriously please ask yourself this. Who is at fault here?

Really? Multiple choice answer

a, The customer
b, The restaurant / business owner
c, The State tax legislation
d, Al-Qaeda

So in fact the business is operating a business model where debt is built into the system, and is relying on bail outs from the end user. Sound familiar????

Really guys and you put up with this crap?? I am honestly astounded!!!

The US industry standard is who is to blame. Many countries like New Zealand and Australia pay their servers a "working wage," whereas, here in the USA, servers are placed in a sorta begging situation. It is appalling.

That being said, it's a shame that this thread's emphasis is placed on the negative side of being a server As a server I have seen the best of humanity too. Relying on the generosity and graciousness of everyday people, can be one of the most rewarding life choices. Those few ugly people, that this thread addresses, are easily shadowed by the kindness of their fellow customers.

If you treat a server badly, more times than not, the server will take pity on you. Because of the enduring consistency of everyday tips, they know that you will soon leave their station, and someone else will sit at that table and leave a tip. It averages out. In all my 35 years, I have only seen 1 waitress tamper with a customers food. We, (WE!) went to management, and she was fired.

If Breanna has a cool boss, s/he went into the computer and adjusted the ticket so she did get a tip. A long time ago when I delivered pizzas, there was one house that never tipped (this was a cottage on the beach nonetheless). When I returned with the bill money, my boss would adjust the ticket so I would get a tip. It's just not right. Especially when you're getting your food delivered or served to you, be at least a little bit gracious.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Yes, I have seen this often.

edit on 26-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It is what it is. Only a moron would spend this much time going on about a systemic problem when the system is controlled by people who finance political campaigns.

How mad do you think we would have to get before the legislature changes the way they legislate compensation / taxation of waitstaff? Short answerL it doesn't matter. If you are poor enough to read this story, your opinions on legislation do not matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, let's all cry over some poor guy or gal that got a bad tip and a mean message. I'm crying for this poor unfortunate soul. How can he or she even advance in life with oppression like this?

Oh, wait. It seems I have forgotten something. THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN JERKS IN THIS WORLD THAT DOES STUFF LIKE THIS! This is nothing new. This is not a "message to the 99%." It's just some self absorbed idiot who thinks he's bee's knees.

He'll get his comeuppance eventually.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Whether or not this particular incident is an urban myth or not, this stuff happens. I worked for 35 years as a waitress, and I have seen it with my own eyes. I have felt the sting of cruel and rude customers who's only purpose seems to make impossible demands and then laugh when they have put you to tears.

Are you serious?

I can't even imagine people are that detached.

I think that people that are that disconnected and sadistic, need a 2 year sentence as a waiter or waitress.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
lame fatcat

I feel sorry for the banksters next time they need the service of a waitress..

Mork

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join