It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Link to reality

LInkage

A banker left a 1% tip in defiance of 'the 99%' at a Newport Beach restaurant the other week, according to his dining companion and underling who snapped a photo of the receipt and posted it to his blog, Future Ex Banker. (Update: the blog is now offline.)

In posting the photo, the employee gave some background on his boss and the receipt:

Mention the “99%” in my boss’ presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn’t sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a “tip” of his own.

The "tip" of his own in this case was to tell the server to "get a real job." Pleasant.

After reading this, it really pissed me off. How could someone take out their frustrations against a group by targeting a waitress? Why? This is messed up on so many levels and made me sick to my stomach reading it. This kind of action is EXACTLY why the 99% are pissed off because of these sociopath elitist bankers like this guy.

The guy who wrote the blog was with this banker during that lunch and was also mad about what he witnessed and posted the image online for all to see. (below)

edit on 2/28/2012 by SkepticOverlord because: HOAX

edit on 4-16-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

they should stop serving this ##SNIP##......

edit on Sun Feb 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
One of those things man, one of those things. Glad my girl isn't a waitress, I wouldn't mind kicking some banker face in for being inconsiderate and 'a SNIPPED' so to speak,

If it were my boss? Well, with the perspective on the 1% (more like the 0.001%), and their actions and the result of those actions on the people of earth, and the earth itself. I would probably quit, after some choice words
. As a note: He is probably not the 1%.

Thats just me though, as a reference, my boss is awesome, and my office is awesome and i can actually say i enjoy work (for the most part anyways). 'okay' money i guess, better than min wage thats for sure.
edit on 25/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is actually a win for the 99%
Because the next time he eats there, they will spit in his food.. Or worse hopefully.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would slip a couple numbers in front, make it $51.33- But I sincearly hope this is fake, and if its not, that banker will probably be nicked by a bus one day lol there are laws you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Lol I am honestly speechless.. Does the banker really feel he is doing justice?.. This will be viral

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I hope its fake too... who the hell is that evil to take it out on someone who is most likely unaffiliated with the 99% movement and also probably working their way through college to get a better job. talk about a below the belt punch. That kind of statement by him IMO was uncalled for.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If that happened to me, I think I would be like. " No, I can't accept your gracious offer" and handed him a quarter saying "you worship and need this stuff a lot more than me" " A real job is one that makes you happy; obviously, yours doesn't " Make sure ya don't drop that quarter now--somebody will get it!

Another narcissist in a position of power. oh, brother-- what a ##SNIP##

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Like the old saying goes, don't chit where you eat.
Something tells me the next time he goes there, they won't be so nice.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The saddest and most ironic thing is that the waitress is far more likely to watch MSM and think the occupiers are worthless hippies without a message than to actually be a 99%er.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
People like him need to become extinct from this planet.

People like him have been ruining this planet for far too long already.

And now the bum has just ruined some struggling hard-working waitress's day as if her day and life isnt hard enough.

I bet that waitress works harder in 15 minutes than that bum who tipped her 1%, works in a decade.

Who really actually has the "real job" between them?

At least her job doesnt involve SCREWING people for a living.

edit on 25-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The 'banker' class is about to be purged. The 'banker' who left his ILLEGIBLE SIGNATURE knows what is in store for him : joblessness and homelessness.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

pretty much this. there's no place for people like that in this world..they're a plague. I don't see how someone thinks it's okay to do that. but..thats how we treat eachother right?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

His writing seems a bit shaky. He uses all capital letters with as few curves as possible. I wouldnt be supprised if he has early stage parkinsons....

Id be cranky too if i spent my whole life stepping on peopel to build a fortune.. only to end up depending on somone else for your care. But then again i might just be projecting

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
The 'banker' class is about to be purged. The 'banker' who left his ILLEGIBLE SIGNATURE knows what is in store for him : joblessness and homelessness.

Or a leap from the 33rd floor
edit on 25-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Last time I left a crappy tip for a waitress (and I felt it was actually deserved in that particular case because the waitress rudely gave us the "hand" when politely asking for a second round of drinks and a fork to eat my food), I also lost my credit card. Karma is a B**&H! Wonder what she is going to dish out for this fella!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Seems like a setup to me. Hell, I've dinged a waitress for crappy service on large bills before -- but because the narrative of the "evil banker" needs to be pushed, we accept this as fact based on some random blogger that witnessed it.

It is much more fun to call for blood on things that do not affect not a single person that was not party to this. Sure they guy is a fool with their witless remark attached to the bill -- but tips are not required and anything above 0.00 is exactly what it is meant to be; gratuity.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

In these days, the waitstaff's tips are taxed, regardless of whether or not the patron leaves a gratuity. So in essense, this poor waitress helped pay for part of the bankers meal.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I work as a server at a restuarant.. This is embarrassing to everyone. Perhaps you do not realize we COUNT on that money. It is not a joke. I live in Indianapolis.. we make two dollars and thirteen cents a hour. What a joke. I hope they out this guy and he gets service according to his tip from now on.

My two week paycheck averages from nothing to maybe 10 dollars. If you treat someone with respect there is ZERO reason this should happen.
edit on 25-2-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

I once got 74 cents on a bill of 249$. We as servers tip out the host staff.. bartenders etc. Usually to the tune of 2% to 5%. I lost money by taking that table. I think the person was under the impression gratuity was included.
edit on 25-2-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I'm repostimg the pic as it wasn't working for me plus adding a source. The pic I'm trying to post isn't working either but click the link and you'll see the bill.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This guy disgusts me and hopefully the waitress is compensated by her employer in some way.

edit on 25-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join